Black and shiny

Sarah G

Hi all Only got 5 mins so a quick post. I want to know if Black and shiny high heels turn you on, (pumps for me). I mean by this that I find if they are black patent and very shiny I just want to put them on. Colour one are also great but not quite the same I don't know why, I think it is because they shine more. I think I must be a Magpie as I like shiny things. what do you think? Sarah G

I can only speak for myself but I think most would agree that wet look or black shiny is a turn on and attracts attention in a very good way. I have many patent black heels and some boots and they are very exciting to me. Good ?

real men wear heels

Hi SarahG, I would agree with the shiny shoes, they attract me more as well. But seeing a stiletto in black suede, I think, and that is personal opinion, it gives a kind of mystical touch to the wearer. But again that is my opinion. FL

FoxyLady

Oh yeah, (black) shiny pumps rock!! Only pumps though, or rather, everything except boots. I think black patent-shiny boots would give me a sense of "coarseness". Ok maybe I'm too young to know, who knows... PS: suede too is attractive (thx foxylady)

Can you see the real me, preacher? Can you see the real me, doctor? Can you see the real me, mother? Can you see the real me?

I agree about the boots. Patent boots are very good for special and private occasions and are a little to much for the street but black patent heels of any kind (higher the better) for the street is goooooooooooood!

real men wear heels

Oh yeah, (black) shiny pumps rock!!

Only pumps though, or rather, everything except boots.

I think black patent-shiny boots would give me a sense of "coarseness". Ok maybe I'm too young to know, who knows...

PS: suede too is attractive (thx foxylady)

I have to agree with you as well Marcus, pumps yes, boots are more private and as JohnnyHeel mentioned not for the street.

High Heel "Stiletto" pumps, "rounted toe", shiny.... yessssss

FL

FoxyLady

My Preference?

Patent Pumps do attract attention; however I really love the look of a smooth quality natural leather pump better. And with opaque stockings even more better. 8)

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

Count me in as a positive vote. I love wearing black patent pumps, in my mind, they're so much fun to wear, especially with dress pants, a black dress shirt and off-black hosiery as that makes for a dressy outfit. Oh, yeah, I love black patent!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

personally...

i cant stand the appearance of patent leather. it looks "cheap" to me, and real leather always looks classier.

but to each their own! you have the right to an opinion, even if it's not acceptable or popular.

r1g0r (still in skirts everyday, but having back trouble with heels)

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

...patent leather. it looks "cheap" to me, and real leather always looks classier...

Ok, real leather was my very first experience (on brown boots, wow) and I feel I owe it kinda respect, whenever I wear true leather I remember that first time, with "awe".

But I don't quite understand that "cheap" look you talk about. Imo, on the contrary, it's a great sign of distinction, not just because it's easy to spot, but for it's not petty. And, whenever I see a nice pair of stilettos, it starts in me a sort of ecstasy, I imagine and how beautiful and delicate they're, and only patent can complete to the highest degree this emotion, 'cause patent is the most delicate material, even the smallest scratch becomes visible.

Perfection is what I seek. I find patent.

Can you see the real me, preacher? Can you see the real me, doctor? Can you see the real me, mother? Can you see the real me?

Hi! Sarah, The black patent leather Mary Janes shoes were the first to catch my fancy as a toddler. Since then, I have increased my desired choices of colors and textures, but I too continue to favor the patent leather stiletto pumps that have the classic designs without any side, rear, or peep openings. The other types of shoes don't really appeal to me, although some people can wear them attractively. When I envision an outfit that projects the aura of complete unity for a casual to formal occasion, the patent leather high stiletto heeled pumps are there most of the time. Now, the black patent is usually the color of choice, but sometimes other colors will accent the look just as well depending on the outfit, the activity, the seasons of year, your feelings, and etc. I know there are many people that consider the high stiletto shoes to be in the fetish category. Stilettoes have definitely been used in that venue, but they are there because of the appeal. That doesn't mean they can't be worn with the respect and dignity of the wearer. When a person is confident in their abilities, in their appearance, and in who he or she is, the patent leather stiletto pumps are an added accent to their image.

What really counts to me is the shape.

Colors, patent or not, just have to be "right". But the attraction, at my opinion, is all about the shape.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

Hi Sarah,

May I suggest that many of the questions you pose might be better addressed on this forum as a poll? If you haven't tried a poll yet, they are fairly easy to set up and can be a lot of fun too. Why don't you try one sometime?

Now, about your question - perhaps I can best lead-in with Histiletto's quote:

Hi! Sarah,

...When I envision an outfit that projects the aura of complete unity for a casual to formal occasion, the patent leather high stiletto heeled pumps are there most of the time. Now, the black patent is usually the color of choice, but sometimes other colors will accent the look just as well depending on the outfit, the activity, the seasons of year, your feelings, and etc.

I know there are many people that consider the high stiletto shoes to be in the fetish category. Stilettoes have definitely been used in that venue, but they are there because of the appeal. That doesn't mean they can't be worn with the respect and dignity of the wearer. When a person is confident in their abilities, in their appearance, and in who he or she is, the patent leather stiletto pumps are an added accent to their image.

IMHO, shiney black patent leather heels covey a certain elegance that is not quite matched by any other shoe - although the shiney black patent leather high heeled reptile shoe comes close. While many other shoes in many other textures and colors may be just fine for dress-up and formal occasions, the shiney black patent leather heels make a formal declaration that is never quite equaled by any other shoe.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I have always had a special place in my heart for Patent Leather, especially black. My favorite shoes are black patent pumps, plus my favorite mens boot happen to be a pair of patent New Rocks. They are bit tight, so I don't wear them often.

Most of the women's shoes I own are black, with a majority being patent. Half my collection are pumps or boots, the rest strappy sandals.

Hi all

Only got 5 mins so a quick post.

I want to know if Black and shiny high heels turn you on, (pumps for me).

I mean by this that I find if they are black patent and very shiny I just want to put them on.

Colour one are also great but not quite the same I don't know why, I think it is because they shine more.

I think I must be a Magpie as I like shiny things.

what do you think?

Sarah G

Proudly standing in my patent High Heels

I had a ex-girlfriend who wore these pointy toe, spike heels, black patent leather high heels. I called them the "do what I want heels" and her favorite "come over and you know what heels". Everytime she wore them I pretty much let her do whatever she wanted. She enjoyed it because she felt "powerful" which made her even more turned on and then in turned she would want to wear them all the time. She would wear the heels with a white blouse, black skirt, barely black stockings/w garters. So my .10 cents would be patent leather is my favorite for a woman to wear, black patent leather.

• 2 weeks later...

I cant stand that leathery wrinkled look!! and to think leather is more expensive then patent? sheesh!!! I think patent is the best because it gives off this nice wet shiny hot appearance!!!! Patent black or red pumps all the way!!

I really don't understand just what you are talking about as far as the leathery wrinkled look is concerned. But you need to understand that genuine leather is expen$ive. I know. I just bought 2 shoulders of varying thickness and I paid a small fortune for them. These will eventually become binocular cases and purses.

On the other hand patent leather is really a polymer that is applied to a substrate. Often the substrate is so cheap (would you believe cardboard?) that the object has no real integrity at all. So the things look great - for a while, but then they start to fall apart of their own accord. The old saying still goes - you get what you pay for. Good, high quality leather products will cost more, but they're worth so much more.

Remember, if you want good high quality oats, like the kind your momma used to make those delicious oatmeal cookies, you must be willing to pay a fair price for them. Of course, if you want the oats after they've been through the horse - well, that doesn't cost so much. :smile:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Sounds like some of the people I know who have been smoking for 20 or 30 years.lol

Good one Johnie....:smile:

I would say the leather look is so much better. The patent after a while getting wrinkled and rip everywhere.

Maybe we should ad the deepblack, wow. Suede look....

FL

FoxyLady

Like I said....FOR ME, I dont like that leather material because to me it looks dull, and some leather pumps i've seen has this wrinkle to it that I dont like...Leather is nice in boots or in jackets...but for pumps..PATENT IS BEST AGAIN....MY OPINION

Gotta agree Laila. To me black patent is a real turn on and very sexy and sensuous. When I see a lady in black patent pumps or what ever, I always take a second, and third or however many looks I can get without being to noticed. Just a little story. My wife and I were walking around the local park one day this summer and seen a young woman in her 20's wearing a beautiful pair of 4" mary jane black patent wedges standing in the middle of the shallow creek holding her little up. **EDIT**over seeing those beautiful black patent wedges in the middle of the creek that well, lol you can figure out the rest of the story.lol

real men wear heels

Ok Laila, I admit, I also have some patent high heels. Also have a pair of boots, black patent and they getting very rinckly and even the materiaal is comming loose from the linning. It is nice to see a patent pump, but with boots it is another story. FL

FoxyLady

Well, people have THEIR OWN opinion on what looks good and what doesnt. With the whole patent looking cheap is like leaopard..leopard can make u look really stylish and high class or can make u look like a hooker if u are not careful about whats what...my boots are all in leather, I have nothing against leather...but whenit comes to pumps...I have to side with patent..I dont care what anyone says, hey..if they are bringing in compliments and i look damn good in them...patent all the way baby