How do you wear pumps?

shus

Hi all, I recently discovered wearing pumps myself, but what I found is that it isn't easy to keep them on my feet while walking. When I walk (through the house) they slip off my feet and I have to watch out that I don't step out of the shoes. I like shoes with straps also like Mary-Janes and ankle strap shoes but plain pumps seems to me a world apart. In stores they tell me that it is important that the toes are all right and they say nothing about the back of my feet. Should I go for narrower shoes or do I have to learn to wear pumps like slippers where we know to use the toes to hold the shoes on the feet? Or is there another possibility? Shus

Hiya Shus It sounds to me like your shoes are too big 8) When standing upright, you should not have any gap between the very back of the shoe and your heel (But it should not be tight either) What your aiming for is to be able to lift your foot and wiggle it around, without the shoe slipping off, but without it cutting into your foot or restricting movement.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Hiya Shus

It sounds to me like your shoes are too big 8)

When standing upright, you should not have any gap between the very back of the shoe and your heel (But it should not be tight either)

What your aiming for is to be able to lift your foot and wiggle it around, without the shoe slipping off, but without it cutting into your foot or restricting movement.

2nd that

here is a link for a nice introduction:

http://mitglied.lycos.de/stoeckel_freundin/jenny/wearing.html

In agreement here, if you're walking out of pumps, then they are too big. However, if smaller sized ones are pinching your toes badly, then maybe you need wider widths. The only issue I've run into with pumps is that my 4th toes seem a little long, so sometimes they catch on the edge of the pointy toes as I put them on, making them crooked. My feet are very narrow, so most women's shoes have just the right width. Once I get the toe straight they don't pinch at all.

Thank you all for your answers. Let me say my feet are a bit wide, and shoes are not always available in different widths in large sizes - I have size 44 Eur. (11 UK, 13 US?). Smaller sizes do indeed pinch my toes and there is no gap between the shoe and the heel, but I think I can't walk out of the street before they are going to hurt. Even with a gap in the afternoon, in the evening when my feet are a little swollen, the gap is gone but the shoes feel tight. Thanks for the link HH addicted, but the English part seems down. Shus

You got the same problem as I do. Wide at the foot narrow at the heel. Better off with round or square toe heels and going to need heel grips or thick socks. Some times you can find almond or semi pointed toe heels I have two pairs but took years to find those. The other option, buy custom made$$$$$$$$$

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

I think part of the problem may be that the shoes may fit fine at the time of purchase, but be stretched as you wear them. That may necessitate purchasing shows that may be a bit tight so they fit after stretching from wearing. Or buying the heel pads to give a snugger fit.