Extra Help Walking in Heels

hckyplyr123

I was reading a high heels story from on this forum and I read something that interested me. I am almost there in walking in 5 inch heels perfectly, well to the point where I could walk in public in them. I read about stockings that were made to help support the foot and make the foot walk more on the toes and support the arch. Is there such a thing as stockings that can help walking in high heels?? Also are there any other clothing outfit type of things, corsets, etc. that can help with posture and walking more elegantly?? Thanks for the responses.

I was reading a high heels story from on this forum and I read something that interested me. I am almost there in walking in 5 inch heels perfectly, well to the point where I could walk in public in them. I read about stockings that were made to help support the foot and make the foot walk more on the toes and support the arch. Is there such a thing as stockings that can help walking in high heels?? Also are there any other clothing outfit type of things, corsets, etc. that can help with posture and walking more elegantly?? Thanks for the responses.

As you mention yourself; corsets gives a better posture which I think is helpful. But learn to master one thing at a time. Corsets isn't something you just put on, it takes time for your body to adapt to this limitations.

walk around at home asmuch as you can doing ordinary things, to get used to the height and make the shoes comfortable, i can do 4" easy as i'm only uk6, and 5" is an effort. If youre larger size it should soon be easy.... such as flats become hard work !!

• 2 weeks later...

make sure that with any new shoe, the hieght has not been increased beyond your ability. That as you step forward, that the leg can remain straight and that the knee is never ahead of the ankle. Increase hieght by small increments, and make sure you spend time in them. do some stretcing excersises to increase the flexibility in the ankle if you find with a 4" heel that they are so comfortable and you can spend lotsof time in them with out discomfort, then as above , increase in small increments and excersise. in no time you will find little discomfort in 5" heels and best of luck.

Blacksheep

the other thing that takes a bit of the load off of the hips - especially on heel strikes - it to try and "stand tall" when walking. shoulders back, head up, abs tightened a bit. (I suspect this is where a corset can help, though I have yet to try one.) Then when you walk focus "way out there" and imagine yourself more of a glide when walking. By "glide" I mean your energy should be directed for forward movement - not the up and down forces of walking. As stated elsewhere, it takes some practice... But it's fun!