shoes that are feminine looking..good? bad?

pumpedup

We need to drop this concept of masculine and feminine fashion because since it obviously doesn't apply to women, why should we keep this archaic concept and apply it to men?

Here here! If what's good for the gander is good for the goose, then it follows that what's good for the goose is good for the gander!

I choose virtualy only womens shoes, but mainstream as i think they look nicer than a lot of mens heels which look too fetishist. Dont do 5" or more for that reason as i wear them for street wear all the time. Got heels in much every colour - and nailpolish to match - but i dont do frills or bows, thats over my borderline. I like the edginess of it all, but no intention of full on tv (doesnt appeal). Each of us is different, thats the joy of life.......

I totaly agree. It's been said time and time again that women have been wearing what ever they want for ever without anybody batting an eye. Now it's our turn!

Back to the subject. I don't do bows, flowers, or the real so called pretty shoes because I like to dress more masculine but I do very much like pretty on women. Thats just me. To each his own. I can except a man in a skirt, panty hose or what ever because I am one of those who look to the heart and not the clothes.

" because I like to dress more masculine"

Why?

" because I like to dress more masculine"

Why?

Good ? I am not a cd, gay.tv, or any other whatever. I like heels and just heels. I am trying to make a point to society that there is nothing wrong with a man wearing heels. I do not want to look pretty as I believe ther is a line between pretty and handsom. I do not want to look prettier than my wife and she really doesn't want me to. When I walk through a mall or anywhere in public wearing heels, no matter what kind of heel, I want to feel confident and just could not do that wearing bows, flowers, or pretty things but like I said, if you want do dress pretty, than so be it. If I seen you on the street wearing a skirt and bows, I would probably wink and say Hi! and then we could share our fassion prefferances with each other. I hope this answer is good enough because I won't respond again to this ?.

real men wear heels

I'm not sure if there's any answer that will satisfy everyone. Perhaps eveyone ought to have their own answer.

I'm mainly an admirer, but since mimmickery is the best form of flattery...

Johnnie, I agree. If my wife wants to wear boots, cut-off jeans, and a tank top to go to the market, who am I to judge? Similarly, if it's me wanting to wear it? Same thing. Who cares if I mix in a pair of heels? Am I sending mixed messages? How about if I go the next step with something else like polish or make-up? Suppose my wife wears heels with the cut-offs, or long nails with boots? What sort of messages is she sending?

I've observed an undercurrent of pseudo-taboo comments against what we called the gender-(bad word) in the 1990s. These days I hardly think it matters, and it's been a long time since I've seen the term.

I don't understand this compulsion to "complete the look." What look? I've not a Tx-er anything. I'm not trying to pass. I'm a guy who likes wearing heels. If I'm wearing strappy sandals and jeans, there, that's my look. It's complete.

If it's not to your liking, don't look!

:smile:

I fully agree with you benthere, if I (or any of us in this forum for that matter) want to wear heels with whatever we call "the outfit" than thats OUR bussiness & if anybody doesnt happen to "like" it or anything, well thats just too damn bad cause we (the wearer) didnt ask them in the 1st place!

To me fashion is a statement not a dictum. The worst thing is people buying things that look shit just cos theyre the latest thing viz crocs !! Ignoe fashion, do personality, and as ive said b4, stars of stage and screen dont follow fashion, they create it (remember and quote this bit !!!).

• 4 months later...

I usually wear a block heel shoe and no one seems to be bothered. What does bother me is that when a woman wears anything masculine, it's a social step up. Just look how women wear pants instead of dresses or skirts. When a man wears anything feminine, it's considered a step down in status, as if women are less valuable than men and men are loosing something.

Not for me! I love any thing Feminine and I think it's a step up when I wear my High heels, I started wearing block 3" heel gogo boots and I'm slowly getting away from that to a more feminine heel.

I also feel it's time to end gender based clothing that men should have the same fashion rights as the woman have enjoyed for 60 years. Equality in Fashion!