Fish Nets over Sheer stockings?

RubberVicki

twas a short-lived fad while I was going to college ~1976 to wear black fishnets over some colorful tights--like red or purple. I thought it was quite sexy...

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

• 3 weeks later...

As anyone else tried this great combination, I got the idea from whatkatieid.com web site.

Would love to hear your comments.

Vicki

XX

Vicki;

If the sheer stockings underneath were something like brown or suntan, then I would be interested.

I'm not sure how I would like any other color sheer stockings underneath.

PJ

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

• 8 months later...

whats the advantage?

If you have hairy legs and aren't in a position to do anything about it, wearing two pairs of tights/nylons/whatever means that the hair doesn't show. So you can have those gorgeous legs you always wanted, without shaving. Of course, if you over-do it, and put too many pairs on, then you can't bend your legs, but I guess that some people might like the feeling :wink:

If you go to http://www.mytights.com/mytights/advice/adviceformen.html you might find some more information. It's an on-line shop for tights and stockings that includes advice for men, whether buying gifts or for themselves. I found it while looking for - uh, the crossword. Honest :D Not for fishnet stockings or anything. Oh no.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Nice to see a normal sort of retailer actually acknowledging that some of their customers are differently enthusiastic and are catering for their needs too. That information page might help a lot of men, shy at ordering such things, to place an order knowing that the retailer really doesn't mind who buys their products.

Nice to see a normal sort of retailer actually acknowledging that some of their customers are differently enthusiastic and are catering for their needs too.

That information page might help a lot of men, shy at ordering such things, to place an order knowing that the retailer really doesn't mind who buys their products.

Indeed. Actually, the best thing about it for me was that the information on men buying gifts and men buying for themselves is together on the one page. I had to read it twice to notice what I was looking at, to be honest!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

• 7 months later...

Just recently, "Silkies" put out a pair of pantyhose with the sheer stocking underneath and the fish-net on top so you wouldn't have to contend with the bulk of wearing two pair of pantyhose at the same time. My first pair of fish-nets---so I thought I'd try them. The sheer part underneath was very smooth against my legs, but the fish-nets on top were very rough to the touch and grabbed my pant legs all day long under my pants and was very uncomfortable. I soon scrapped that idea. Some people think they are so "sexy", but not to my liking. I've never had maxinets yet, but I don't think I would like the larger holes and patches of my legs bulging through. Just my opinion, of course. If you like them----go for it. I have no problem with hidding hairy legs as I keep mine smooth shaven at all times. :D Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 2 years later...
:evil: I have seen this look before many times, and I thought that it looks, great! It works out fine if you're not used to wearing fishnets or the weather is alittle too chilly, or you want a more "dramatic look!" I've also seen this look worn by show girls and exotic dancers and alike! I close female friend of mines tried a nice "day sheer" pantyhose under a pair of cargo net fishnets and she loved how it looked and she did get some nice comments! So I say, "go for it!" Just about anyone can pull it off. jay_nyca1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

It's an old tranny/drag queen trick. It has two advantages, firstly the sheers smooth out any blemishes and help hide hairy legs and secondly the whole idea adds a great deal of definition to your legs too. I wear nude sheers under lacy tights too...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 4 years later...