What would happen?

Jkrenzer

Hey guys, this is my first official post but I was pondering lately a thought about men in heels. As you already know I am like most of you guys love to wear my heels, the classy yet very sexy type mostly. I noticed that most of us actually prefer heels that most women generally are afraid to wear themselves. We like higher more sultier styles. Anyway the thought I was working over in my head is. Most women who actually wear heels usually only do so when they are getting overly dressed up for a function outside their normal lives, like weddings, special occasions and the like. Not many really wear nice shoes to work these days. Women have been also been typecast through the years just as we have. Many are taught from a very young age that the only acceptable formal outfit would require high heels. Many of these women probably only own just a few pairs, my wife included. (she has 4 pair I have 100+ and mine are almost all sexier) If it became the norm, and I sure wish it was:smile: , that men were to wear high heels how many of these women would just stop wearing them. Since the only reason for them to wear these in the first place was because it was required female attire to properly dress up. If we finally win our ultimate goal, would sales of heels really go way up. Afterall many current buyers, women, may simply just stop.;) As I write this I am wearing a pair of super long tipped toed 4" D'Orsays that my wife and I will be playing with very soon.

Hey guys, this is my first official post but I was pondering lately a thought about men in heels.

...Most women who actually wear heels usually only do so when they are getting overly dressed up for a function outside their normal lives, like weddings, special occasions and the like. Not many really wear nice shoes to work these days. ...If it became the norm, and I sure wish it was:smile: , that men were to wear high heels how many of these women would just stop wearing them? Since the only reason for them to wear these in the first place was because it was required female attire to properly dress up...

Welcome to the forum, JKrenzer. :o:smile:

While I agree that many women seem to be abandoning heels these days, I do not agree with the notion that women are somehow required to wear heels. Even in places like Las Vegas, where employers have required women to wear heels in the past as a condition of employment, that has been overturned. Here in Washington, where women often dress-up very elegantly for various functions, they are often seen wearing lower heels and, sometimes, none at all. So the main reason that women wear heels is because they want to wear heels.

However, it seems to me that the pendulum is now swinging the other way and we find more and more women wearing work shoes and even combat boots.;) So if the women want to go scruffy, perhaps the time has come for men to assert their taste for fashion and show some elegance and foot fashion in the way they dress.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Most women who actually wear heels usually only do so when they are getting overly dressed up for a function outside their normal lives, like weddings, special occasions and the like. Not many really wear nice shoes to work these days.

If we finally win our ultimate goal, would sales of heels really go way up. Afterall many current buyers, women, may simply just stop.;) .

Hi Jkrenzer,

I kinda disagree with your conclusion. I live and work in NYC. Each morning as I travel to work, I notice many, many women here wear very nice heels to work. This is especially true for Midtown Manhattan. Though they're not your FMP's, they are very nice and WILL grab your attention (they certainly did me). While many of these women/girls are well trained in heels, some just walk like they're pull plows. That tells me that even though they're not totally comfy in their shoes, they'd rather be in heels :o. So I strongly believe that it will be a long while before women will stop wearing heels, if at all.

As I write this I am wearing a pair of super long tipped toed 4" D'Orsays that my wife and I will be playing with very soon.

You lucky guy! :smile:

I am in Sydney and it's just heels galore. This city must have the highest density of beautiful girls and women in the world and they're all wearing heels. So do I ... Cheers Vanessa

I see heels all the time from the cab of my lorry. Many are worn with jeans or casual clothes so it seems to me too that women wear heels because they want to. Girls wear men's shoes so if heels became men's shoes they'd want to wear those too...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I think there are 3 types: those like my ex who never has and never will wear heels those who only wear heels as you say for special occasions those like my soulmate who wear heels whenever possible, like the opening of a paper bag... We have a standing joke that i'll leave her if she stops wearing heels before she's 80. We 've both agreed we dont do flats, so it's a way of life for us both..