Blogging

Speaking of blogging (thank you, Pumps), I would what are the big sites to really blog at? I'm thinking of rejoining the Xanga family if anyone's heard of it. I don't have people to talk to sometimes because they're mostly busy, so I would like to keep an online journal at hand. Anyone know of any good blogging sites?

Formally "HHDude"

I suppose the best known are Xanga, Blogger, and Live Journal. I should also add places like You Tube and Live Video for posting video diaries. These sites are so good that you can even have text diaries, comments, and announcements, and a message forum on your channel page in the case of live video. Plus Myspace can also be used as a blog and comment platform. I'm not a huge fan of personal blogs. Message boards like this provide an opportunity to "blog," yet also provide a better opportunity for interaction with more people. You can even post diary type posts in your own personal thread, and have comments thereon just like a blog. In many blogs, comments are either disabled, or moderated before posting, so it's hardly spontaneous. If people are going to heavily censor their blogs, I'm not going to bother reading them.

I've had my LiveJournal up since 2001, and have had occasion to post about heels I've acquired or found really cool, and would love to have. I usually don't post pics on my LJ when I can post them here instead, but I'll link to the pictures of the styles I'm contemplating in case others are interested.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I suppose the best known are Xanga, Blogger, and Live Journal. I should also add places like You Tube and Live Video for posting video diaries. These sites are so good that you can even have text diaries, comments, and announcements, and a message forum on your channel page in the case of live video. Plus Myspace can also be used as a blog and comment platform.

I'm not a huge fan of personal blogs. Message boards like this provide an opportunity to "blog," yet also provide a better opportunity for interaction with more people.

You can even post diary type posts in your own personal thread, and have comments thereon just like a blog.

In many blogs, comments are either disabled, or moderated before posting, so it's hardly spontaneous. If people are going to heavily censor their blogs, I'm not going to bother reading them.

The advantage of blogging is that your speading the word to people not looking for it. For one thing getting the concept of freestyling out there, is a good thing. For people to find this forum they need to look for it, which means they're allready interested in the subject.

Currenly 32965 people have read my blog and 285 commented (not all about freestyling). I don't think any of those knew about freestyling.

I don't agree with that advantage with respect to blogs. How do people normally find blogs dealing with subjects they are interested in? By searching, tags, links from likeminded webpages, and those engines like delicios. Thus many people finding a blog about heels or freestyling will be those already interested in the subject. Of course you can do a general type blog and mention freestyling and or heeling to bring in other people, but then you can just as well post about freestyling on general boards, fashion boards and the like.

I don't agree with that advantage with respect to blogs. How do people normally find blogs dealing with subjects they are interested in? By searching, tags, links from likeminded webpages, and those engines like delicios. Thus many people finding a blog about heels or freestyling will be those already interested in the subject.

True, but I have a friend that knows about my "heel moments," and yet, she treats it like it's nothing. I sometimes wonder if she's really listening to me, or trying to avoid the subject completely.

Formally "HHDude"