How do you small footers deal with width issues?

DandyDude

Okay, I have long feet which are a bit narrow and my feet are otherwise constructed somewhat like a woman's with a narrow heel and wide toe area along with high instep. My mother wore AAAA widths, and I'd say I inherited her feet in a sense. I see people discussing wearing ballet pumps, and they are cut very narrowly. Plus, women's boots and shoes in general ESPECIALLY heels tend to be narrow. How do you deal with the width issue? I've done the wear wider widths to make up for slightly shorter lengths, but I'm not seeing the obverse? working as well.

"To kiss, pretty Saki, thy shoes' pretty tips, is better than kissing another girl's lips." -Omar Khayyam

sorry cant help particularly as i take a uk6 which is a US8 and theyre fine, leather shoes give more than synthetic so try them is an idea if you havnt yet. I got some "size 6" leather boots off ebay which turned out to be size 5, but I wore them in the bath once and they were fine after that...

well I have a size 9 in womens,which is size 7 in mens so I dont ever really have any kind of problem to speak of. even in inserts for my feet I'll get the womens size & that takes care of it-just like that. I would have to say I'm blessed to have been given small feet (for a man)

I have never had any problems with width as I wear a women's B or Medium width. Maybe the fact that I have worn women's heels for decades has helped my feet to be accustomed to the width of the women's Medium width shoes. I am blessed to have always been able to buy right off of the shelves or through the catalogs. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I have never had any problems with width as I wear a women's B or Medium width. Maybe the fact that I have worn women's heels for decades has helped my feet to be accustomed to the width of the women's Medium width shoes. I am blessed to have always been able to buy right off of the shelves or through the catalogs.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

My story is very much like Dawn's, but finding properly fitting shoes can be a hassel for some people.

The trick is to understand how the shoes are manufactured so that you can work within the parameters of what the factory is doing. Generally, the lenght is the dimension of primary importance and so you absolutely must first fit that dimension. Width is the secondary consideration and understanding that most shoe mfgrs. build women's shoes to a medium or B width helps. So if you need something wider than that, you will have to ask for either a Wide width or an Extra Wide width. If that fails, then your choices are becoming rather narrow, indeed. 1] You can try buying leather shoes in the closest possible width and try streaching them to fit (the streachers alone will cost you close to $50) or 2] you can get your shoes custom built. (These days a custom shoe maker will probably charge between $100 to $200 dollars just for starters.) Good luck to you!;)

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

its the very same with me GUY N HEELS! I take a womens 9 medium, so I know it will fit. only difference is my work shoes which are womens black REEBOK "princess" style I wear for work, I find that my feet feel better if I get them in 9 WIDE (my feet tend to swell up in the afternoon sometimes)

its the very same with me GUY N HEELS! I take a womens 9 medium, so I know it will fit. only difference is my work shoes which are womens black REEBOK "princess" style I wear for work, I find that my feet feel better if I get them in 9 WIDE (my feet tend to swell up in the afternoon sometimes)

Well, it sounds to me like you need to go that extra mile and try to find Wide width shoes. Personally, I wear a US women's size 10 and pretty much what comes off the shelf fits fine. But if you're experiencing problems, I would definitely suggest looking for the wider shoes and even insisting upon them at the shoe store. If they don't have them, there's usually another store just down the street.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I wear 10 US women's and I usually have little trouble with the width. Sometime I run into problems because I have a high instep which can give me issues with strappy styles.

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

I'm a size 40 length but size 41 width. Which means I have to get a 40 and have them long or get a a 40 and have them narrow. So what I usually do is get a 40 and stretch them out laterally in the toe box to get a perfect fit. Or wear 41 with socks. Sometimes that works OK too. But some 40's fit OK without any probs. Likewise some 41s.