Does the color make the shoe?

pumpedup

Is pink, purple, fuchsia, or any other "feminine" color a popular color to anyone here? Do you prefer them to black, white, brown, or any color that would be looked at as "unisex"? I have bought shoes of all different colors. Last year, i bought a green pair of J. Renee snakesink pumps, second hand, but a nice pair! I got a powder blue pair of pumps from ebay one time. The only color pump i've never owned is yellow and grey (or silver), as far as the popular colors go. I am in love with hot pink (fuchsia) pumps! I don't know why i prefer that color, but they're beautiful!

Is pink, purple, fuchsia, or any other "feminine" color a popular color to anyone here? Do you prefer them to black, white, brown, or any color that would be looked at as "unisex"?

I have bought shoes of all different colors. Last year, i bought a green pair of J. Renee snakesink pumps, second hand, but a nice pair! I got a powder blue pair of pumps from ebay one time. The only color pump i've never owned is yellow and grey (or silver), as far as the popular colors go.

I am in love with hot pink (fuchsia) pumps! I don't know why i prefer that color, but they're beautiful!

Variety is the spice of life!Posted Image

real men wear heels

I tend to stick to black, but most of my wardrobe is darker in color anyway. Soon as the powers that be make more big brown shoes, I'll start shading my wardrobe that direction (I certainly want to!). I'm not completely against taking on other colors -- I sure wish I had some kelly green pumps for today -- but I do well enough with just black.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

I tend to favour black - all my owned pairs are black anyway.

I've spotted some brown stiletto knee boots in Next Clearance that I really like (they're kind of 70's style which appeals to me). I will be grabbing them if they get reduced in price a bit more.

I do like striking colours though but I've never taken the plunge and bought any.

Johnieheel's collection has got me green-eyed with jealosy - a pair of red mary janes is now at the top of my Wish List.

And I absolutely love these for some reason:-

Posted Image

Always High-Heel Responsibly

Certainly, the color of the shoe or boot does either make or break them. The style and design sometimes makes a big difference also.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

The point is well taken. It is difficult to imagine any guy showing up in any type of maribou heels not getting some strange looks & comments. ;) The same thing goes for almost any type of gold or silver colored heels. Unless you are a cd or a transexual, I would strongly suggest that you stay away from them. :o

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I, myself do not wear anything out but black , brown and not to much patent as it attracts to much attention. I'm just more comftorable with plane black but the heel doesn't really matter. I will wear most any heel depending on the mood and places I go from chunk to stacked or stiletto , but most always 4" and no less than 3".

real men wear heels

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, i hear ya. For some reason, i love those beautiful pink boots, too! WOW! Where did you find those? I want some just like it, and also in a fuchsia!

pumpedup - you want fuchsia? you got it ! (well, shocking/electric pink anyway!) ;)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130091430708&ssPageName=MERC_BC_RCRX_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_W0_IT&refitem=130095774892&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=bid_confirm&usedrule1=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget

Always High-Heel Responsibly

Color is everything. I like fuchsia very much. Mostly I try to collect unique colors (yellow patent, blue satin, pink hologram). Wildest color combination I have are 6" platform wedges. They have an orange heel cup and ankle strap. The vamp has 5 braided cords over the arch comprised of gold, bronze and orange. These are very eye catching, yet not so wild as to conjure fetish notions, so I've been told. I think if the shoe style is equated to a food type, then its color dictates the flavor. Enjoy.

I would say my favorite shoe color is black, especially black patent. After that, it's red, fuschia, pink and maybe white. I've never been wild about brown, navy, gold or silver. Love those pink boots, btw! bobbie

I love black & fuschia/pink (tie) the best, but I have so much black, so now I go for white, pink glitter, brown, and red as well. I still love my 4" fuschia pumps, and they're nice and comfy after many hours of wearing. Ahhh...so many shoes, but only two feet to wear them with :-)

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is pink, purple, fuchsia, or any other "feminine" color a popular color to anyone here?

I have quite a few in red.

Do you prefer them to black, white, brown, or any color that would be looked at as "unisex"?

Color is only part of the total picture, for me. While I do have other stylistic preferences (love stilettos and pointy toes, rounded toes are sometimes good, hate "chisel" (blade) heels, warming up to longpoints a bit but do not like square toes at all), I don't think I've ever made a choice based on color alone.

Certainly, the color of the shoe or boot does either make or break them. The style and design sometimes makes a big difference also.

It's all of that, for me, a gestalt of all the elements of the design, including the color, texture, and pattern if present. I don't usually go for mules, for example, yet a pair with just that "right" combination of design and color can take my fancy very easily.