How?

...is it that abbreviation is such a long word? ...is it that if you spell palindrome backwards it spells emordnilap? ...do they get teflon to stick to the pan? ...does the snow plough driver get to work?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

abbreviation is a long word - it's irony! Of course, I usually just write abbr. palindrome is not an actual palindrome - it's some sort of Monty Pyhton-esque joke, I am sure. Teflon sticks to the pan because of molecular bonds. Only the top side of teflon is non stick, because the sticky molecules sink to the bottom. And the snow plow driver lives at work, or takes the plow home. I mean, why would he not have a plow at home, have you not seen the Simpson's episode where Homer is Mr. Plow? Like I know what I type about...

...does the snow plough driver get to work?

This was the subject of an old VW Beetle advert about twenty years ago... the answer being, of course, that he drives his Beetle there.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Laurieheels: "Like I know what I type about..."

Gosh, I'm convinced. :smile:

You can't go around teasing goddesses, you know. You're so going to get zapped.

RL: moves away, quickly...

:grin:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

abbreviation is a long word - it's irony! Of course, I usually just write abbr.

palindrome is not an actual palindrome - it's some sort of Monty Pyhton-

esque joke, I am sure.

Yes I know it's irony. I'm English and work for Securicor Omega so I know all about irony! :smile:

Teflon sticks to the pan because of molecular bonds. Only the top side of teflon is non stick, because the sticky molecules sink to the bottom.

I knew this too, actually in it's molten state it's quite sticky.

And the snow plow driver lives at work, or takes the plow home. I mean, why would he not have a plow at home, have you not seen the Simpson's episode where Homer is Mr. Plow?

Yes I did. In UK though, the drivers stay at the depot on a shift rotation.

Like I know what I type about...

So do I but I do like these "silly" questions!!! :grin:

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Oh, well in that case: How is that when I get home, I park the car on the drive? Mind you, Americans and people from Milton Keynes get to drive on parkways, too. When they're finish construction, they're called 'buildings'? Shouldn't they be called 'builts'?

When they're finish construction, they're called 'buildings'? Shouldn't they be called 'builts'?

Dang it, Yamyam! I gotta stop drinking soda when reading these boards! hee hee hee.....

SQ, who keeps a bottle of Windex handy nowadays...

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!