Out in public, part 2

Elegant

Yesterday I decided to wear my heels again, and a party in a campus radio seemed to be the perfect opportunity. This outing was slightly different from the first one, as I technically street-heeled (on NYE, I went to the party in my cowboy boots and changed later on, and heels could be taken as a part of the costume). I wore my 2.5" block heel oxfords, because I thought that 3.5" ankle boots (the ones I wore on NYE, now re-heeled) would be quite hard to manage for an untrained wearer. At first, I felt a bit awkward (that's normal for me), and then I had a talk with one guy in a workshop: -You're wearing high heels! -Yeah! -Are you screwed up? -No, why? (with confidence in my voice, heh heh :o). Then I joined the people and drank a bit, and no one noticed my footwear. After a while, a girl I'm friends with noticed, we complimented each other (she was wearing gorgeous 3.5" thick stilletto knee-high boots) and she said that she was wearing higher heels than me. Well... she'd be eventually surprised, heh heh. Then, some other girls noticed and asked why I wore heels. I said: "I can't let girls have all the fun, okay? ;)", and they were in fact positive about my choice of footwear. The party was one of the best ones I've had, I felt really confident and laid back (well, I'm usually tense and stressed). I eventually stopped hiding my shoes, and showed them in the full light. Kinda provocative, heh heh. No one reacted though. Later on, I showed that girl my ankle boots. She was a bit asleep because of booze, but her reaction (a positive shock) was priceless! We compared heels and turned out to be "on equal level" :smile:. The only bad thing about the party was that the skin of my feet got a bit hurt above the heel because of the shoes' edges. That makes walking a bit painful. I got this issue in my ugly low-heeled "men's" boots too. Today, I'm coming back home in my 3.5" ankle boots. I'd definitely post some pics if someone made them ;).

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

Sounds like you had a great time. ;) Amazing what a little alcohol can do for a party.:o The only way to be comfortable wearing heels is to practice, practice and practice. After a while even a 5” heel feels normal and is easy to walk in (confidently). As I have often posted, if you like the look you are presenting, and are comfortable presenting it, go for it.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Yeah, definitely. I like the gothic/ fetish fashion very much, and I've been wearing a leather business suit everyday for over a year (not counting some hot days in summer). I think that high heels go very well with my leather pants. They match my leathers much better than MUFS (Male Ugly Flat Shoes). I came back in my 3.5" ankle boots, unfortunately at the end the balls of my feet got sore. I think I should get some gel cushions to deal with this.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

• 2 weeks later...