Sling back thong sandals

gorgeousss

I'm not just talking about common-or-garden sandals with a bit that goes in between the first and second toes. I'm talking about beauties with block heels, or stiletto heels, and a slingback. While I adore stiletto pumps, which I have been wearing since I was 7, on my wish-list is at least one pair of thong sandals - or slip-toe sandals - like the ones I first saw on a French student who was staying with us in 1968. I kick myself now for never having asked her if I could try them on. The opportunity came an went so fleetingly. for me, thong sandals have been my holy grail of my shoe fetish. Thong sandals, wonderful for painted toe nails. I used to put toes rings on my ex-wife and chains around her ankles. I wish I could wear the same. Can anyone help me as to where I can buy these beautiful sandals in UK size 12? I apologise for not posting pictures of the kind of sandals I am talking about, but I'm sure that you aficionados and cognoscenti of luscious footwear know instinctively what I'm on about. Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Hi... Yes I too like thong sandals. I have several pairs of thong sandal heels that I wear frequently. Two pairs are "slides" and at least 5 other pair are slingbacks. I really like the "thong" styles, they look nice and are comfortable. I like the sandal and thong styles, not much into boots. Boots do seem to garner the most popularity here. Try Zappos shoes, they have a lot of different styles in the larger sizes. What is a UK 12 equal to in US sizes? Take care... sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Thank you very much, SF. At last, someone who not only appreciates thong sandals, but also knows what I am talking about. Interesting observation: most people prefer boots. I suppose it's because one can 'get away' with wearing them outside, whereas pumps are more risquee. I myself have yet to try wearing high-heels outside, but I would love to wear thong sandals -- with trousers, not with skirt -- in public. Flexing toes. Looking at the imprint of the toes on the leather sole. The feeling of that thong in between the toes. Forgive me for getting carried away. Besides, look at the potential for toe and ankle jewellery with thong sandals. Anyone out there with any thoughts on anklets with heels? By the way, SF, any pictures of your thong sandals? eanwhile, I'll try and post some soon. Thanks again, I enjoyed reading your reply.

Hi again... Yes wearing hh sandals in public is a bit more "risky." Boots - depending on the style - can appear to be somewhat unisex. But don't get me wrong, boots are OK, but just not for me. I like sandals, they feel comfortable and I enjoy being barefoot. I have worn girls shoes (flats) since a teen - see my other posts - and have never really had a problem. I have worn heels for about ten years, people do notice the heels more than flats but still, aside from a few stares and giggles, no big deal. I wear my hh thongs with cotton cargo pants and a nice casual shirt. And occasionally a plain simple toe ring. The look seems to be OK. Take care... sf

Hi,

Here's my contribution to the thread. It's funny, I can go out in public in these sandals quite comfortably but I'm still having a problem when wearing boots. Perhaps it's the 4 inch thin heels on the boots causing me to feel too obvious.

Kris.

Posted Image

Thanks for the compliment. They are made by Glacee and were purchased here in Toronto a couple of years ago at a store called Winners. (TJ Maxx in the US) They seem to specialize in "end-of-line" merchandise so you never get the same thing in 2 stores. Size 9 US, $30.00 Canadian, very comfortable and I too, have always really liked thong sandals. I think the buckle makes them just a little more masculine, LOL! I've had a couple of comments while wearing them, one puzzled, one positive. KrisS.

• 4 weeks later...

I was hoping for more reactions, but maybe thong sandals don't 'do anything' for you, which is a pity ;) , because sandals, in my humble opinion, are by far the sexiest kind of footwear, after pumps. Even flat sandals on a beautiful woman are a turn-on:yummy: . Thong sandals are extra-special because of the way they accentuate the foot in a different way from cross-strap sandals. And foot jewellery adds to the viewing pleasure. I have yet to see thong sandals with stiletto heels. Has anyone spotted such beauties? I'd love to hear from you:wave: . In the meantime, I shall have a pair of thongs made up and hopefully I can post some pictures for what may be the silent minority of thong sandal lovers.

I happen to love thong sandals - and have several pairs - ranging from 'flatties' to 'pole-dancer' platforms. I do not have any with sling-backs however - and am still looking.

These though are one of my favourite pairs - red leather and diamonte - with 4" metal heels from 'Blu' Shoes...

Posted Image

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Both sandals in the photos above are really hot. I have been wanting a pair like those, but my size (15) is really in the way. I agree though that sandals are definitely the sexiest heel, at least for me, with a slingback pump coming in close second.

KrisS... I really like the picture of the thongs that you posted. I have a similar pair (no buckle) that I also wear in public. I saw your style at a TJ Max store a while back but alas, they did not have my size. Since I do not wear boots - I'm a sandal guy - I thought your comment about being noticed interesting. When I wear my thongs in public, I do get a few reactions but not many. Overall it is not that big of a deal. Take care.... sf

• 4 months later...

Earlier in the thread is a picture of the sandals I enjoy wearing. Today at lunch time, I was in a mall in the west end of Toronto. I went into a store to buy some candy (bad habit). The clerk was a young Asian girl, early 20's. When I went to pay she said, "Your shoes are very interesting, I like them" I didn't think she noticed. Me, "Thank you, it's a style I like." She said, "Yes, I like them too." I was the only one in the shop and could have started a conversation but I couldn't think of anything more to say. Not tounge tied, just couldn't think of anything. What a missed opportunity. BTW. Toronto has a large Asian population. Of the maybe 5 comments I've had, 3 were from young Asian women, all positive and not hint of anything negative. Interesting a) comments were made, :smile: all were positive. KrisS.

KrisS, Hi... I have seveal pair of slingback thongs that I routinely wear in public as well. Over the years I have gotten a few comments and compliments from gals about the shoes. It is a nice feeling. I just wish more guys wore heels in public... SF

• 2 weeks later...

ah thank fk i looked at the pics !! U got the wrong idea. In uk they are known as toepost sandals (horrible) and thongs are half knickers with a string at the back ! I thought this post was goin off subject til i looked........... not that i wear thongs of either kind (Cpn commando)