No Bronx yet, but a lot of low heeling...

thighhighs

Ok, still haven't worn my Bronx outside yet.

(See http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/guys/6983-i_couldnt_resist_i_bought_bronx_boots.html)

But I have the lower heels on a daily basis, with the pants stuck inside them. They do have a feminine style so it's kind of funny to wear them too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sorry for the poor quality, but bad lighting in the subway combined with an old cellphone...

I usually take my car to work, which is kind of boring since no one will see the boots. Today I went by bus and subway instead.

I actually got a lot of second glances at them. It's kind of interesting to see how many girls that actually are looking at the footwear. A lot of the younger people of today are very fashion-aware.

I spent 8 minutes waiting for the subway and of the perhaps 25 'younger' females, 20 of them looked at;

1 - my face

2 - the footwear

3 - a second (or third) look at the footwear again.

I really enjoyed those who tried to pass by as usual, but their eyes were locked on my boots and stayed on them as they passed, looking from the corner of their eyes.

No one stopped or said anything.

To follow the trend above, I bet you've also noticed a lot of females are watching other female's shoes.

I had a girl beside me on the platform today and she looked at each shoe/boot of the woman who passed us. Note though that se didn't look at ANY boys shoes! I had a perfect view of her eyes and this was very fun too see. She had just about the same taste as me, I recon, since her eyes stayed longer on the nicer boots and just jumped of the uglier.

She hadn't seen my boots (probably due to the above fact) so when my train came, I stepped in front of her so she hardly could miss me, sorry that I had my back against her so I couldn't see her, but...

My favourite boots: Bronx Scarlet Hi, as in my avatar.

Well, you gotta start somewhere, and those boots don't look bad at all. A great low-heel look for an outing. I see nothing at all wrong with it. By the by, it's also pretty much a given that young girls and women will always be the first notice things like what you were wearing since they're indeed fashion conscious and always take in things like footwear. I'm sure that you, as a man were wearing women's boots so overtly probably threw them for a bit of a loop. All in all, an entertaining outing. Good for you, my friend! :wink:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Thanks JeffB. We'll see what happens on my way home. The morning rides are usually so full of people who wished they did stay an hour longer in bed, and now try to compensate for that on their way to work. I mean, not too many are fully awake to grasp everything they see... Also, there are a lot more people in the evenings, so... BTW. JeffB, it's hard to see on the photos above, but I'm wearing the new tight black jeans with the boots... .

BTW. JeffB, it's hard to see on the photos above, but I'm wearing the new tight black jeans with the boots...

Really? Well, good for you, my friend! I'm sure wearing those jeans helped to enhance your experience. Now get out there in the Bronx boots....!

:wink:

Very Very nice boots Thighhighs and very sensible to wear them outside your trousers. It's a look that I think could well become more common on men - (flattish heeled boots outside trousers). It's a filthy day outside, I'm off to work now - with trousers tucked into boots!

Now get out there in the Bronx boots....!

Hey man, I'm just as eager as you are. :D

I will, I will, it was very close today but it rained too much and I don't want to ruin them by wading through puddles.

I must find a time before the rain turns into snow, because they aren't made for slippery roads.

Very Very nice boots Thighhighs and very sensible to wear them outside your trousers. It's a look that I think could well become more common on men - (flattish heeled boots outside trousers).

Thanks Fog.

They're made to be outside the trouser, and they look as ordinary as any mensboots, when worn under the trousers. That's too dull and boring.

And regarding my little outing above, for those of you who is thinking about getting outside with heels, don't let me scare you off.

As you read, the boots with low heel got a lot of attention, but that was mainly because they were outside and fully visible. If I had covered them, no one would have looked.

If you'd like to get out in heels, start low, I know it might sound boring not to use your favourite 5" pumps, but it's all about building up your confidence inside your head and knowing that no one is going to kill you because of what you wear (at least not if you stay out of the darkest alleys :fine: ).

Choose a pair of shoes/boots with just a little feminine touch to start with; maybe a cowboy-styled boot with a THIN sole,

Or a designed cuban-heel with a little more curves than the mens-version

Or a low heel with pointy toes (like in the pics)

Or just some cowboyboots with hard heels so you'll get used to the sound.

It's all up to you

Well done, thighhighs! Well done! Here's an idea: try a turtleneck for a reall sharp and sophisticated look with the jeans and flat boots! I often wear turtlenecks with my outfits and love the look. Give it a try sometime, I think you'll enjoy it too! :wink:

I've found some thing on the internet that I actually liked.

I spent 3 hours scanning through ebay.com/de/co.uk and Tradera.com for some boots that I like.

I've found these:

Posted Image

these should work well in the winter, they have a rubber sole and it looks as they are rather rough so they won't slip.

I'm also bidding on these beauties:

Posted Image

And in my dreams, I'd be walking around in Stockhom in these:

Posted Image

I'd really love to do that, but... I wouldn't have the guts to do it...

but these looks good I think. The are lined with a soft teddylining so they should also be warm in the winter:

Posted Image

Any comments?

And in my dreams, I'd be walking around in Stockhom in these:

Posted Image

I'd really love to do that, but... I wouldn't have the guts to do it...

Well, why not? I think those boots are awesome! Thighbootguy would drool for days over those beauties! And he'd wear them out in a New York minute!

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah... I might have done it too in New York but not in stockholm...

I just received these from my last post (I did mention I bid on them?):

Posted Image

They are warm like hell and very comfortable.

I also recevied these; very sharp and nice dark brown cowboy boots:

Posted Image

Still waiting for these to show up:

Posted Image

These should be fully lined and really nice looking.

And of course these will soon show too:

Posted Image

Even more boots...

All of them I bought yesterday so they have not arrived yet...

These 4 pair costed me less then $90 on eBay, all new except for the last pair.

First pair in a rigid canvas/leather style with a sole perfect for our snow:

Posted Image

Second pair a like the first, but in a bit smoother design:

Posted Image

Third pair, I couldn't resist for only £12, on big sale!

Ok, not real leather but the look...

Posted Image

And the last in a vintage style of the 80's (only $4).

Waterproof but stylish, also perfect for the snow and melting later on...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Impressive! I like these the most! Mondo sharp and sexy! Perfect for wear with tight jeans tucked in them. Give that a try and let us know what you think!

;)

They are my favourites too and I sure will wear them at work later on.

I have a nother pair that I plan on using outside, with my pants over the boots, at least to start with...

I think they'll look nicewith a pair of dark grey or black jeans that ends just above the heel. ;) Don't want to cover that up...

Posted Image