Driving In Heels

Hello Again Everyone: As mentioned in several other places here I am wearing heels of one sort or another to my courier starts and stops...the heels on my right foot are wearing off the color from the foot placement on the gas/brake pedals....looks like I will have to carry a bottle of polish with me for constant touch-up... ..has anyone been "here" and what have you tried to minimize if not completely overcome this problem... Jim JSpikeheels

If you are talking about stiletto heels, try shrinking a piece of clear heat-shrink tubing on the end of the heel. Trim it to length so it does not extend beyond the heel tip, and of course be careful with the heat so you don't damage the heel. This makes a very nice protector to preserve the end of your heels. These are actually available as heel-protectors in some of those household-items catalogs like Lillian Vernon and such. But heat-shrink is available in most hardware stores, just make sure you get clear tubing because most of the available colors will not match your shoes.

Have a happy time!

• 4 weeks later...

..that was a great suggestion for "wrapping the heels" to avoid wear to the heels..but I would like to expand on this a bit more in the form of a second question...

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_10/602-9080168-5965414?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000F8LU0Q

..if you look closely you will note the heel is that off-tan/brown color that many of the styles are favoring this season and, as such, it's pretty hard to cover any dings or color breaks in the heels..does anyone have any suggestions on how to REPAIR blemishes and small wear-marks in heels of this type?

Jim

JSpikeheels

..by the way, a pair of these just arrived today and they are beautiful!!!

..want to keep them as nice as possible for as long as possible...

Perhaps you could do something simple like placing a piece of clear plastic on the floor near the pedals. That should reduce the wear on the backs of your shoes. Just a thought.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

. . . if you look closely you will note the heel is that off-tan/brown color that many of the styles are favoring this season and, as such, it's pretty hard to cover any dings or color breaks in the heels..does anyone have any suggestions on how to REPAIR blemishes and small wear-marks in heels of this type?

. . .

I guess I'm not quite clear here -- are you asking how to match the color of a polish or other material to be used in the repair? You mention a bottle of polish earlier in the thread, am I to assume that did not perform satisfactorily?

Depending on the construction of the heels, you might try a wood stain to effect a repair. They are available in many colors and those heels appear to have a wood-grain look to them. If they are simply a plastic construction, wood stain probably wouldn't work.

Another possibility might be model paint like Testors. Color matching would be a challenge, you would have to mix paints.

Have a happy time!

..that was a great suggestion for "wrapping the heels" to avoid wear to the heels..but I would like to expand on this a bit more in the form of a second question...

...if you look closely you will note the heel is that off-tan/brown color that many of the styles are favoring this season and, as such, it's pretty hard to cover any dings or color breaks in the heels..does anyone have any suggestions on how to REPAIR blemishes and small wear-marks in heels of this type?

Jim

JSpikeheels

..by the way, a pair of these just arrived today and they are beautiful!!!

..want to keep them as nice as possible for as long as possible...

Weeelll, at the risk of sounding like a square peg in a square hole, it seems to me that you basically have 3 choices: 1] find some type of overshoe that you can use to protect your investment(s), or 2] find some kind of very durable urathante to coat the shoes, or 3] abandon the heels at work as being impractical. My experience with matching paints and colors has generally been unsatisfactory, so all I can say about that is good luck.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels