High Heeled Training Diary #24

Laurieheels

There are times in life when people feel a bit burned out, they find that their normal interests become complacenet, and thus it feels more like a struggle to take part in what they enjoyed at one time. Now, heels are an addiction for me, I'll never stop, but the internet has lost some of the appeal for me of late. So you may have noticed a little bit less interaction on my part. Even as a moderator, I have not spent much time posting, even though I do check every day to make sure the postings are in order. I am not apologizing for it, hell no, it is my life and I live it my way. But I just wished to explain why I had not been posting as much. Now, this does not mean I am not going to write the diary, just be patient, you can read about things in a few minutes. But honestly, I was wondering why I write this every week. Eventually it will become boring, and quite complacent. However, that day is not here yet, so let's look at the week. Monday was a great start to the week. You see, I did wear my five inch patent stilettos to work (they are five inch officially, the heel tip has worn down enough) and that was a hilight in itself. It was still a bit warm, but that was okay. I looked good, that mattered the most. However, I had the great fortune of receiving a package in the mail! Shoes! I was expecting this package, and I do admit it took some time to arrive. But inside, two pairs of shoes, and how wonderful... Tan stiletto sandals from the Highest Heel. Yes, a nice five inch stiletto heel, Hush is the model, and the fit is quite nice. And the second pair, everyone will love this, five and a half inch white stiletto pumps, made by Jante. Okay, so on the Jante sight the model is listed as six inch heels, but these are just right at the moment. I wore both pairs for a few minutes at work, just to make sure the fit was okay, and it was! The other girls who work downtown with me really liked the shoes, so I had to feel good about it. I do admit, my black five and a half inch stilettos do not fit quite as well as the white pair, but then, different sizes for different companies. Both are still nice. Tuesday was another stiletto day at work. My older five inch stilettos were the victims, and of course, the worn down heel tips on this pair meant a bit of difficulty walking across the foyer at work. it took great control to stay on my feet and looking good. Not that I would have fallen, but looking wobbly on stilettos is not the image I would like to project. On Wednesday I worked out of a different office, and I wore my four inch stiletto sandals, the black patent ones I love so much. I had tried to fix the heel tips by turning them around, since they wear thge most on the back end of the tip. Well, this worked for a few hours, but at noon, I noticed that one had fallen off! Horror of horrors! Thankfully, I was done early, so after going to lunch with a few CSRs, one of whom is like, well he's cute, let's just say that, I was off to the mall (a mall, we have many). I needed to find a shoe repair shop. Oh, cobbler... I stood barefoot while my new heels tips were put on. I did not get to see it, the repair was in the back of a shoe store and that meant the back room. But from the sounds I could deduce what was being done. The wonderful news is that replacement heel tips for a pair of stiletto sandals is only $5.35 canadian, that includes the tax. I found the perfect place to maintain my shoes. Thursday, what the heck did I do Thursday, oh yes, back to my own office, and my repaired sandals were happy to be there. I wore them Friday as well. Twelve hours at least on each day. I find myself puting in at least twelve hours at any given time in heels. I can get up to sixteen hours out of four inch heels before my feet decide they are tired. I am thinking I could do anything in a four inch heel, and almost anything in a five inch heel. Saturday and Sunday were days off, and it is nice to have a proper weekend like most of the world. Saturday there was running around to be done, so it was a consistant third day for the four inch sandals. I did notice a few woman looking at them. Yes, I am a high heeled goddess, you cannot compete. :smile: No matter how much you spend on those low heeled sandals, I will look better. Saturday night I switched into the new five inch tan sandals, just to give them a go. They are wonderful. But this afternoon, after coming home from more errands, I decided to push the height up, and I am now wearing my five and a half inch white stilettos. They have an ankle strap which I have buckled, but really, I may not use it often. I should get in a few hours with these shoes today. That means a few more in the black 5.5s, a few more in these, and maybe I can bring a pair to work for an hour or two of field testing. I walk in them quite well, and I am not surprised. I know if I wore them for eight hours I would be sore, so I do need to build up to it. But they are easy to walk in, and the black pair are that way now as well, even if they are a tiny bit smaller. I am lucky, though, the weather is much cooler today, and my feet are happier about being in the shoes. Now, it has been six months since I started diaries. Six months of heel progression. I am now at five and a half inches. I figure that if I really wanted to just test my limits, I should be walking okay in seven inchers in six more months. I mean, in six months I went from a once a week wearer of four inches to being able to walk in five inch heels for twelve hours at a go, and I can handle five and a half inches at home with ease, and I would imagine out of doors wouldn't be too bad. It's progress... which is exciting. But I still feel a bit of burn out about the whole internet thing. I suppose we will have to see... Thanks to D and RC

Hi Laurie, thanks again for this last report combining very well your inner thoughts with the actual progress in heel heigth. I sometimes also think keeping up my diary on the "about me" pages of my website takes a lot of time and is of no interest to anybody but I often get e-mails of people who thank me for that. They find it interesting and even motivated some to start wearing heels themselves. I think your reports are excellent in that perspective and might help others overcome their fear and reservations to wear nice heels in their normal life. I know of no other place where you can read a honest and accurate report of somebodies experiences going from rarely wearing heels to going almost full time in almost extreme heels. Usually you only read these things from a fetishistic perspective, not a normal life like yours. I hope your burnout will only be of short duration because I for sure am interested in your progress nand experiences. Throwing in a little rant helps keeping the attention and to be honest, I prefer this style to your former "power postings". Keep up the good work and keep us informed please. Highluc, an avid admirer.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Two serious thoughts, Laurie: You need to write a book; could base it on some of your comments here. You might also think about writing a "Dear Laurie" column here. Jeff might go for it..Everyone else would, I'm sure. If promoted judiciously, it might be a way to further popularize hhplace all over the net. And it would help with your burnout.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

There are times in life when people feel a bit burned out, they find that their normal interests become complacenet, and thus it feels more like a struggle to take part in what they enjoyed at one time.

Burnout is real. Take Jenny, for instance. However, burnout can lead to "recharging." Let's call it that -- take some well deserved time off to recharge your entheusiasm. And, return to us with full batteries ready to continue posting with vim and vigor. :smile:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

laurieheels - i really like your weekly training diary. i don't post as many times as i did before either. just too busy. but you must do what ever "flips your switch". we will be looking for pictures of your new heels. i also have a pair of white patent jante pumps with an ankle strap. usually wear them without the strap. it cuts in to the ankle a little. however, they are still very nice and because they are jante, they are comfortable. would also like to know an internet site that sells the brand name "highest heel". it seems they come from all over. maybe you should just go out and buy a pair of 7" pumps and just try them every so often at home. that way you can also say ""i have a pair of 7" high heel pumps"" :grin: but they are real killers to walk in :smile: i think mostly for lounging or bedroom use only :grin:

patent leather and classic high heel pumps area.

Great post Laurie, Hey everyone finds their own groove on the internet. You will find a comfortable pace for you just like most everyone else. I for one am glad you have a life offline or are at least trying to have one. To live for this stupid box is no life. Whatever you decide I am sure you will have thought it through and will be happy. Dean PS, :smile: Since I am a typical guy after all..... LETS SEE Some Pictures of the new shoes!!!! LOL. No pressure, do it when you can. How about tonight? LOL :grin: