Rocky Horror Picture Show

Brandy

Has any one here ever been to a cinema showing?

I have only ever seen it once many years ago on a video tape.

Here is a writeup for the DVD's that give you a flavor of the movie:

http://www.qnetwork.com/?page=review&id=679

It was on at a local movie house last night which I missed but is due again in two weeks. Menlo Park, CA - Guild

I sure I will go just wondering what to expect.

-- Brandy

Not personally, but I have friends who have. Expect everyone to get dressed up for it, and lots of people joining in with the songs, heckling the cast etc. Basically pretty much everything that goes on at the stage show, but of course the cast can't answer back. Chris

Basicly it's a spoof of the monster/sifi movies with a musical twist. The movie is a very camped up version of the classic frankenstein theme . Various sexual inniuendoes are shown and I have seen the movie at least 50 times. "Don't dream it be it" Crotchhiboots

77r90dL lf

Hello -

The first time I saw this movie, I was....well, under the influence, so to speak, and I thought, OH MY GOD, that was NOT real........

So my sister-in-law and I went back the following weekend....It was wonderful! I think we went almost every weekend for a very long time. We actually dressed up several times and had a blast!

The audience participation is great! They add lines to what has been said on screen, they sing along, they dance, and they throw several things at the screen, such as hotdogs, toast, toilet paper, confetti, and may squirt water also.

It is a lot of fun............Let us know how you liked it.

Katherine - Old enough to know better now, so not having nearly as much fun!

I've seen the movie in many different theaters in several countries on two continents. Going to see it in my homeland was fun, and the props and talkback were great but I didn't have the personal confidence to dress up. I more than made up for it after moving somewhere warmer, where there is a cast who meet almost weekly. I went many times, dressed in everything from normal guy clothes to skimpy lingerie and f-me heels to full ancient Highland dress (think Braveheart) to a Magenta costume. Watching the movie in a tiny basement theater in Paris was a blast, especially as the movie was in English with French subtitles. It seems the concept of dressing up is somewhat lost on the French, as my PVC miniskirt, velvet top and 5" pumps got some bemused looks from other patrons, although the cast seemed to approve. Parisienne's don't seem to care how much rice or water gets thrown about, with the result that everyone is soaked and the floor is slick; it's not easy to Timewarp in heels when the floor is slick like ice. Where I live now we have an annual Halloween Rocky showing that I attended wearing my Magenta costume, complete with feather duster and high heeled boots. For some reason that seems to go over really well, especially in an area where most people don't bother to dress up for it. :rocker: Geo_T: Also old enough to know better, but young enough not to give a damn. :biggrin:

I've been to four of them, once in high school, twice in just heels, and once in full regatta (just for kicks). However, I didn't dress as one of the characters, nor did I participate in the action. But I did enjoy the show.

A couple of years ago, this film was featured late at night (after 11 p.m.) two or three night a week, for three or four months straight on a local cable TV channel. And, in the same timeframe, on the nights that it wasn't shown, the channel broadcast "The Rue Paul" Show. I managed to watch both programs often. :rocker:

I've been to the stage show a couple of times, but not been to a movie showing. Here in Manchester, the usual venue has a big problem with people bringing stuff in (toast, rice etc). One advantage of going fully dressed (in my case corset, miniskirt, fishnets and 5" thigh boots with my partner worrying about keys &c) is that the staff don't search you - they can *see* you aren't hiding anything!

I've now left HHPlace. Feel free to use the means listed in my profile if you wish to contact me.

Strange - I never had any problems with the rice, toast, and water. I'm sure cleanup was a mess, but they usually had a full theater, and at around $5 a pop, that hires a lot of cleanup. Probably took them all night, which is perhaps why they show it last, and only once to a few times a year. I'm certain the cleanup fees are nothing more than a sizeable fraction of the net income from each showing.

dr1819 - I was at the stage show, not the movie. Some idiots are liable to throw rice+water onto the stage, making the front of it like an ice rink. No fun for the cast to try to dance on, even if they weren't in heels.

I've now left HHPlace. Feel free to use the means listed in my profile if you wish to contact me.