NYC Heel Meet: Dec 3, 12 pm, Blue Moon Mexican Cafe

kneehighs

Meet Up in NYC for fun, drinks, and getting to know one another.

Time: Sunday, December 3d. 2006: 12:00-12:30 p.m.

Place: Blue Moon Mexican Cafe

150 8th Avenue (between 17th and 18th street)

New York, New York 10011

Heels are not mandatory, but appreciated.

No pictures will be posted on the forum without prior specific individual approval. We respect your privacy.

For latecomers or directions call kneehighs (347) 297-9236

Probable Attendees:

1. Gary0618

2. MrsHeels--Married spouse of Gary0618

3. HellOnHeels--

4. HellOnHeels Spouse--

5. kneehighs--am I going to be the only single one here? :rocker:

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

admirer5577 You're so far away? You have historical utopia at your fingertips (plus a few other scenic benefits as well). And I'll be sure to have a drink in tribute to your Trans-Atlantic Heel Meet Trip :biggrin:

pam thanks for the update

HellOnHeels Great! It will be a pleasure to converse again. Hope the Mrs. likes the location where we are meeting at.

gary0618 It will be fun to see you there!

FunInHeels and HighHeelArt Looking forward to hearing from you guys either way.

:rocker:

• 2 weeks later...

It was great talking to your guys on the phone. It was the best I could do for the moment being so many hundreds of miles away. Hopefully I surprised you all a little with my call. mrs HellOnHeels: Did you have the Bloody Mary for me? :rocker: /admirer aka Halloween Pirate

I just walked in the door from another amazing heel meet. There were five of us total: me, Gary0618, MrsHeels, HellOnHeels and his wife.

Here is a group picture, posted with the permission of everyone in the pic, taken outside of Aldos on Fifth Avenue:

Posted Image

From L to R: MrsHeels, HellOnHeels and his wife, gary0618, kneehighs

We started the meet at Blue Moon Mexican Cafe as scheduled. I was the first to arrive, then HellOnHeels and his wife showed up, then gary0618 and MrsHeels showed up. I think we were all pleased with the chips and salsa they served us there!

Then a nice surprise occured. I realized that I had my cell phone down inside my messenger bag on the floor. So I picked it up and placed it on my chair, just in case we had a late visitor. Within 60 seconds, the phone rang. I checked my caller ID and didn't recognize who it was. "Hello?" And the voice on the other end of the phone said, "Hi kneehighs, its admirer5577!" That was a pleasant surprise admirer5577! :rocker:

At brunch, HellOnHeels once again offered his insightful deduction that alot of board members are in some type of engineering or computer related profession. Hmm, sounded reasonable to me! After finishing our delicious Mexican meals, we walked to Purple Passion, a famous fetish store on West 20th. They had some really interesting shoes there; from hoofed horse feet to standard Pleaser 5" stilettos to two giant high heeled shoe chairs that you could sit on while trying on shoes. I wonder if gary0618 is going to buy MrsHeels that school girl outfit she was lusting after?

Then I was craving my daily Starbucks fix--I can't seem to operate at optimum performance without my daily fix--so we stopped at one on 8th Avenue while gary0618 fetched MrsHeels' coat from the car and changed his boots.

After we left Starbucks, we proceeded to Fifth Avenue and the Union Square area. First we stopped at Kenneth Cole. Then we walked across the street to Aldos. It was getting dark by this time, so we decided to take the group pic posted above. Then we walked a block uptown to Nine West. Alas, HellOnHeels bought some new shoes for his wife and I bought a great new vest sweater.

From there, we headed to DSW. Here gary0618 bought some new knee high boots, MrsHeels bought some new shoes, and HellOnHeels bought some new oblique toe boots. Here is a pic of the view uptown from Union Square:

Posted Image

After we did our shopping we walked uptown on Park Avenue and settled on a French Bistro for dinner. In my opinion, I found the conversation at dinner was extraordinary. We touched on some really sensitive issues with men and heels (should the man compromise his passion in a relationship with an unsupportive significant other, or should the woman leave?) Great food for the mind.

All in all, it was a great evening :biggrin:.

Thanks for the summary Kneehighs. It was a pleasure meeting Gary and MrsHeels for the first time. We very much enjoyed the conversations, food and shopping. Can't wait till next time. Oh, in case anyone is curious. I think it's safe to say we attracted exactly zero negative attention. Come to think of it, I don't think we attracted any attention at all.:rocker::happy: Oh and I almost frogot, It was a very nice surprise to get a call from admirer5577.

Thank You KneeHighs......Again!

We all had a great time. It is always a pleasure meeting new heel enthusiasts. Nice meeting you Mr & Mrs HellOnHeels.

Yes it was a ver nice surprise getting a phone call from overseas during our lunch. Nice talking with you Admirer5577.

Also nice was the fact that each of the 5 of us came away with something new. KneeHighs, don't forget to post a pic of you in your new sweater vest.

Katherine was happy that she was not the only female this time. Thank you Mrs HellOnHeels. Lets get some more of our female members out next time.

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

Hello Friends

What a wonderful way to spend a Sunday, with old friends, and making new ones too!

We all had such a great time, relaxing together, sharing two meals, and getting to know each other. The shopping together and realizing we were all becoming friends, was the highlight of the day.

Thank You Kneehighs for putting this all together, you are truly a great friend and such a sweet guy!

I believe several people noticed the heels the guys were wearing, I believe they also noticed the positive attitudes, and decided it was fine, afterall, we were in New York........

Mr. and Mrs. HOH, thank you both for making the trip out, and for making the day great!

There are many places we all have yet to explore, lets do it together!

Anyone with a desire to meet and make new friends, are encouraged and welcome to join us next time....

It was very nice of Admirer to call and speak to all of us, it made the miles between us fade away...

Be At Peace, For All Is truly Well.

Katherine