High heels in the news, but not for a good reason

sendra45

Good grief! That certainly is not good news for the men in heels movement.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

A murderer or rapist taking trophies is nothing really new, even back in 1980. Its been happening for decades if not longer but yeh it won't help people like our community here much :evil: I think thats what my mom worried about most when she found out about the small collection of boots I have. Trophy collection goes way back to the Mongols or who-ever, used to cut heads off their defeated enemies and display them..........maybe the romans - need to read up on that again. Just shows how the mis-deads of one person can cause the "punishment" of many! :x

I learned the truth a long time ago, being afraid of the dark is what keeps most of us alive...

Well now, maby if more men would wear their heels in public, we wouldn't have to worry about these sicko's. Then again I'm sure they have great mental disorders behond our control and need special attention any way. Looks like he did have good taste in heels though. :evil:

real men wear heels

A murderer or rapist taking trophies is nothing really new, even back in 1980. Its been happening for decades if not longer but yeh it won't help people like our community here much :evil:

...Trophy collection goes way back to the Mongols or who-ever, used to cut heads off their defeated enemies and display them...maybe the romans - need to read up on that again.

Just shows how the mis-deads of one person can cause the "punishment" of many! :x

Well I, for one, refuse to accept "guilt by association". If this bloke is out collecting "trophies" for his mis-deeds then he needs to face the music and pay-up for his crimes. But I came by (buy) all my shoes honestly and I really don't care if the bloke has a whole warehouse full of stuff, that really has nothing to do with me.

As for the other "trophies" mentioned - this is rather grissly - both the Germans (the ancient Assyrians) and the Japanese collected heads as war trophies. The Japanese women would even go to the trouble to clean-up the severed heads brought in from the battlefield and would even apply paints and cosmetics to them before putting them on display. (YUK!)

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

imo thats when you have a fixation to the negative side of things instead of sharing this with people who actually care...

maybe if hhplace.org was around in 1980, he would be here and venting plasma :evil:

Hmm,

I wonder if he was ever a member of this forum in the recent past ?

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

Well I, for one, refuse to accept "guilt by association". If this bloke is out collecting "trophies" for his mis-deeds then he needs to face the music and pay-up for his crimes. But I came by (buy) all my shoes honestly and I really don't care if the bloke has a whole warehouse full of stuff, that really has nothing to do with me.....

Not really! – although I agree with your sentiments

When Hamilton went postal in Dumblane there were a number of things about him

1) He owned a gun

2) He was into little boys

3) He belonged to a Lodge (actually the same lodge as the chief constable who authorised his firearm ownership in spite of him not meeting the legal requirements for such ownership).

Now the “powers that be” saw nothing wrong/kinky/weird about being in an organisation which insists that you have intonation ceremonies exposing one’s breast and leg, and other Enochian rites, but that wanting to enjoy a sporting activity using a gun is!

Therefore the whole media circus brought the idea that shooting was somehow connected with little boys, and that anyone associated with gun ownership must be weird and therefore into little boys, the Masonic connection was of course not promoted.

What has this to do with people here? – Well, although I do not share the view that men in high heels is wrong/kinky/or weird, I, just as most of you here realise that this is probably the most common thought for many of the general public, and almost certainly the views of the “powers that be”. So I would not be surprised if a connection is made directly between heels and serial killing!

Wrong – yes

Inappropriate – yes

Unfortunately also quite likely – especially if it he is found to belong to a Masonic or other “connected” organisation!

Just as those who shot pre-Dumblane were aware that that had nothing to do with them, and were equally horrified by the events, the media circus moves without regard to truth or facts, so if this "connection" is made so could thousands of innocent of heel wearers be made to suffer guilt be [wrong] association.

BB

Before everyone over-panics, I don't think we need to worry about secret police grabbing us for the crime of wearing heels. Sure some people might look at you strangely, but no more so then if you happen to drive a white box truck in the DC area during the sniper period. I think people are more likely to look at you as being bisexual or gay for wearing pumps than a mass murderer (yes they are wrong, but if you are going to be labelled with something wrong, that would be the first one applied). Also, the guy probably had a collection of lots of different sizes of shoes. By having a collection of shoes in YOUR size everyone will assume YOU wear them, not that you have been kidnapping and killing women for their shoes. Relax and just be yourself and go about your normal life. Things happen, sick people are out there. Scotty

I agree with Scotty. This is the action of one sick person, there's no suggestion that he was wearing the shoes he was taking them as trophies. Jerry Brudos did actually used to wear high heels and other items of female clothing, and no-one's linked us to him. Chris

Before everyone over-panics, I don't think we need to worry about secret police grabbing us for the crime of wearing heels.

Also, the guy probably had a collection of lots of different sizes of shoes. By having a collection of shoes in YOUR size everyone will assume YOU wear them, not that you have been kidnapping and killing women for their shoes.

Scotty

Good Point, A woman wearing size 10 shoes would be a little difficult to force into anything.

few, I have nothing to fear then.

Nigel.

The angels have the phonebox.

Good Point, A woman wearing size 10 shoes would be a little difficult to force into anything.

few, I have nothing to fear then.

Nigel.

Ok, you don't have to be sarcastic about it, you know what I meant.

Just because someone sees you walking down the street in a pair of high heels, they aren't going to assume you are a serial killer JUST because some guy kidnapped and killed women for their shoes. I doubt the guy even wore them nor had the same size in his collection.

I never said a woman wearing YOUR size shoe couldn't be overpowered. It is entirely possible that someone out there could be killing women in their size just so they could wear their shoes. But it is more likely that the person has a heel fetish and/or likes wearing high heels vs being a stalker/killer.

If someone outiside our group were to see a man in obvious women's shoes, the most common non-positive thought would be the person is bisexual or gay. Not "oh no, a serial killer, run!".

Likewise, if someone were to come to your house and see a collection of high heels in your size, they would just assume you wore them, not that you must have been stalking women and taking them.

If someone were to find a collection of high heels all the same size but not your size, then they would probably assume you had a wife or gf.

Now if they come into your house and found a collection of high heels in various sizes, well, then perhaps they would think something is fishy. Especially if said shoes showed signs of being worn.

My point is, don't overpanic about wearing heels just because some nutcase was found to be selecting victims based on their heels and then taking them as a prize afterwards. That would be like saying you were afraid of guilt by association for driving a sportscar because someone was found killing people for their sportscars.

Scotty

Ok, you don't have to be sarcastic about it, you know what I meant.

Just because someone sees you walking down the street in a pair of high heels, they aren't going to assume you are a serial killer JUST because some guy kidnapped and killed women for their shoes. I doubt the guy even wore them nor had the same size in his collection.

I never said a woman wearing YOUR size shoe couldn't be overpowered. It is entirely possible that someone out there could be killing women in their size just so they could wear their shoes. But it is more likely that the person has a heel fetish and/or likes wearing high heels vs being a stalker/killer.

If someone outiside our group were to see a man in obvious women's shoes, the most common non-positive thought would be the person is bisexual or gay. Not "oh no, a serial killer, run!".

Likewise, if someone were to come to your house and see a collection of high heels in your size, they would just assume you wore them, not that you must have been stalking women and taking them.

If someone were to find a collection of high heels all the same size but not your size, then they would probably assume you had a wife or gf.

Now if they come into your house and found a collection of high heels in various sizes, well, then perhaps they would think something is fishy. Especially if said shoes showed signs of being worn.

My point is, don't overpanic about wearing heels just because some nutcase was found to be selecting victims based on their heels and then taking them as a prize afterwards. That would be like saying you were afraid of guilt by association for driving a sportscar because someone was found killing people for their sportscars.

Scotty

Heh,

You should see some of the women where I buy my shoes, I was not kidding. they would overpower me!

I was not being sarcastic, I had not thought that my collection were all one size, it was a good point.

The angels have the phonebox.

Heh,

You should see some of the women where I buy my shoes, I was not kidding. they would overpower me!

I was not being sarcastic, I had not thought that my collection were all one size, it was a good point.

Ok, just thought you were trying to be sarcastic.

BTW, point taken about people assuming things. Case in point, a few years ago when I used to stay in a hotel for work during the week, I would stop by the toy store on the way home to get my girls something (small) since I wasn't home all week. Of course them being girls and all I would shop around the girls section. This one time there was this little girl also there looking at the toys. The mother turned around, saw me, grabbed her daughter (very quickly), glared at me and backed away as if I was some kidnapper. Of course I had to be huh, guys NEVER go to the girls section of the toy store ALONE. God forbid.

Scotty

Ok, just thought you were trying to be sarcastic.

BTW, point taken about people assuming things. Case in point, a few years ago when I used to stay in a hotel for work during the week, I would stop by the toy store on the way home to get my girls something (small) since I wasn't home all week. Of course them being girls and all I would shop around the girls section. This one time there was this little girl also there looking at the toys. The mother turned around, saw me, grabbed her daughter (very quickly), glared at me and backed away as if I was some kidnapper. Of course I had to be huh, guys NEVER go to the girls section of the toy store ALONE. God forbid.

Scotty

You can't blame her, people want to protect their children. Statistically the chances of you being a paedophile are infinitessimally slim, but a small number of incidents are publicised. Unfortunately these things do happen, and therefore you can't blame her too much.

Concern for her kid, no I don't blame her at all. Wanting to keep tabs on her, again, no problem. Even taking her hand, fine. But to flash me a dirty look while backing away? I was dressed nicely (just came from work) and wasn't making any threating moves to her or her daughter. I just thought the whole backing away as if I was some axe murder a bit over the top.

Concern for her kid, no I don't blame her at all. Wanting to keep tabs on her, again, no problem. Even taking her hand, fine. But to flash me a dirty look while backing away? I was dressed nicely (just came from work) and wasn't making any threating moves to her or her daughter. I just thought the whole backing away as if I was some axe murder a bit over the top.

Who knows what goes through the femail mind! :evil:

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

if it's the female mind - I do! :) It’s men’s brains I can’t understand! :evil: In my case had I seen someone in a toyshop in the girl’s (or boy’s) section, if it was a man, I would just assume he was the father or uncle etc. and probably feel sorry for him because you just know whatever he gets won’t quite be as good as the box! :D The problem is in spite of people thinking that we are all actually quite cleaver – we are all surprisingly dumb! Whenever we see something that doesn’t quite fit our (simple) understanding, we get scared and go all defensive and we try to fit it into our simple groupings. :D I would hazard a guess that perhaps Scotty was wearing slight heels so her thoughts were along the lines of: “Oh he’s looking for something for his daughter” – “Oh he has heels on” – “He must be gay” – “he wont have kids”- “he must be a ….Oh no” – “must protect” “must protect” “must protect” With the only reasonable assumption there being that she must protect once she believed there was an issue, all the other “connections” being nonsense! :D It could of course be any number of things, perhaps he looked at her heels with “too much interest”, he looked a "bit like uncle Harry" who was a “bit odd”…..etc Unfortunately most people have a very “small minded” attitude towards what they have not experienced or aware of, men and women alike – the only difference being that women are more likely to notice! BB :D

Actually, this was BEFORE I started wearing any kind of heels, so I was dressed extremely normal. However, it was in the end of fall/beginning of winter so it was cold out, so, imagine this, I was actually wearing a long jacket (men's of course). OH NO! Long jacket, in the GIRLS section! Rapist, rapist! Yeah, I know. I am just saying, any time a guy goes into a female section of the store (be it the girls section of the toy store of the women's section of a clothing store), pervert. A woman though can go ANYWHERE and no one thinks a thing. In another case, my ex-boss was divorced and had a daughter. When he took her out to the mall, get this, at times she would have to use the bathroom. Delima. Does he take her to the mens room (oh no, pervert!), he can't go into the ladies room, he can't just let her go alone (bad father!), so he was left begging female sales clerks (pathetic!). Now a woman, no issues what so ever with this type of stuff. Fair? No. Understandable, yes. Unfortunatly, the vast majority of sickos in the world are men, SOOOO, we are lumped into the sterotypes. Scotty

That’s what you get by belonging to a sicko type species!! :rofl: :rofl: But nice (non-sickos) none the less :) Actually it's a problem on the other side of the fence as well - every time I take my car in, or look at anything vaguely technical I get treated like a completely air-headed blonde bimbo! :evil::D It is equally irritating when people think you must be completely dumb just because of your gender, that your partner would be the major breadwinner, and that you are only doing a job – until you find the right man :D Welcome to the world of stereotypes BB :D

if it's the female mind - I do! :)

It’s men’s brains I can’t understand! :evil:

In my case had I seen someone in a toyshop in the girl’s (or boy’s) section, if it was a man, I would just assume he was the father or uncle etc. and probably feel sorry for him because you just know whatever he gets won’t quite be as good as the box! :D

The problem is in spite of people thinking that we are all actually quite cleaver – we are all surprisingly dumb! Whenever we see something that doesn’t quite fit our (simple) understanding, we get scared and go all defensive and we try to fit it into our simple groupings. :D

I would hazard a guess that perhaps Scotty was wearing slight heels so her thoughts were along the lines of:

“Oh he’s looking for something for his daughter” – “Oh he has heels on” – “He must be gay” – “he wont have kids”- “he must be a ….Oh no” – “must protect” “must protect” “must protect”

With the only reasonable assumption there being that she must protect once she believed there was an issue, all the other “connections” being nonsense! :D

It could of course be any number of things, perhaps he looked at her heels with “too much interest”, he looked a "bit like uncle Harry" who was a “bit odd”…..etc

Unfortunately most people have a very “small minded” attitude towards what they have not experienced or aware of, men and women alike – the only difference being that women are more likely to notice!

BB

:D

It probably wasn't even rationalised - fight or flight is wired into our psyche as humans. The reaction probably bypassed the thinking part of her brain, what she saw didn't fit her view of what was normal "very small minded" and the reaction was there without her even thinking about it.

Exactly!

The above process doesn’t go through rational thought – because it is outside one’s comfort zone, the process just passes through the panic part of our brains – it builds the stupid irrational thoughts and connections. BB :D

I think you've hit the nail squarely on the head, BB. Maybe that's where the writers got the idea for the TWILITE ZONE. :D Whenever we start to feel uncomfortable, instead of thinking things through, we just short-circuit all the reasoning processes and go straight to PANICSVILLE, where no rational thought ever goes unpunished. :D

But based upon some current news stories, I'd have to say that some of the gals have a few marbles loose, as well. :evil: (Gosh, neva thought of THAT.)

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

nice thread... i had a similar conversatoin with my lady on how stereotypes affects the way we treat others.. and how such gender stereotypes.. if left unchallenged.. colors some aspects of relationships and cause headaches for no reason. BB... i like a lot of your comments!!! we all use stereotypes to make our days easier.. but the open-minded person knows when not to run to panic-ville and use the higher functions of the brain to figure what is going on without passing immediate judgement. it's the really smart ones who are able to look past history... stay current in the present.. make the right choices.. to enhance the future. only if that advance thinking was easy! RPM

we all use stereotypes to make our days easier.. but the open-minded person knows when not to run to panic-ville and use the higher functions of the brain to figure what is going on without passing immediate judgement.

RPM

The snag is the emotional part of the brain works a hell of a lot quicker than the thinking part.

• 1 year later...

We recently had a reasonably well covered murder trial. A woman recognized by those around her as mild mannered, killed her husband. During the court preceedings the years of abuse, threats, and fear were presented. Her husbands high heel fetish was part of that which was forced on her. The shoes were introduced in court. The media played up on her inability to protect herself in light of what she had experienced. A woman caught in that scenario can't win. She looses no matter what. In the end, he's dead, there are children involved, and she's free with a devistating cloud over her. The lives of an entire family destroyed. This swings squarely in the reality of the thread, "life as it is, not as it should be", found in this section. I certainly don't have the answers, but I do recognize reality. There is a recent post on this forum, "..., it is the way she is required......". It's the concept of "required" that jumps out at us. In the general chit chat section of this forum I opened a thread titled "A woman's prerogative to say no". It turned into a war. Why! :wave: How! :silly: Much of the thread has been deleted, what's left doesn't make sense, and it's been locked, stopping any further discussion. That gives cause to a vivid reality and sends a very distinct message. Recently there have been a number of posts that have simply disappeared. One of them was a personal attack on me. All traces of it are gone. Now everyone can pretend it didn't happen. :smile: In the previous posts on this thread there are descriptions of irrational, small minded, some of the gals have a few marbles loose, and such. Then there is the "stereotyping" thing that's been introduced. Now, I'll refer you to the first paragraph of this post. If that woman had seeked help from authorities and told what was happening to her she would likely have been identified as irrational, small minded, and she had a few loose marbles. Her husband would have denied everything and in all probability nothing would have been done to protect her. History of our social system proves it. Now, before they send the lynch mob after me I'll remind everyone of the description of "open minded" and see if it works both ways. I have passed no judgement and expressed no opinions. Everything I wrote is verifiable fact. This is touted as an adult forum where free thinking people can meet and discuss issues of significance. Can we? This thread was started well over a year ago before I elected to return and I knew nothing of it. The issues are real. Until the high heeled male defends a woman's desire to say "NO" equally as loud as their desire to wear heels, nothing is going to change. I'm as serious as it gets. I'm just the messenger. Susan