Reactions to your heels?

Foon

Nice one, intoskirts. I´ve had a similar reaction when I was in Logo for Less, a clearance shop. As I walked in, a woman and her boyfriend were just leaving. She pointed to a couple of pairs lying down on a seat and said "You can try those if you like - they´re size 8". I thanked her and carried on, ignoring the look I got from her boyfriend. I think he was as much surprised as annoyed I was talking to her :lol:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

• 1 year later...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's true how the veterans here say that wearing in heels gets easier over time. When I first joined this forum in 10/02 I probably looked like a nervous trembling unfed dog with his knees shaking--and tail between his legs. It was only block heeled 3" boots then. Now in 3/04 things have definetely become easier. I have strolled everywhere from Astor Place, to shopping in Ann Taylor (for shoes), to sitting next to model caliber women with my 3.5" in view, during the day. I've walked up the steps of the subways, sat in the subways, even met and talked with cute women in clubs. One girl thought I was wearing loafers! Another thought it was feminine, and then I looked at her shoes and we had on the exact same pair. Occassionally, I will still feel a temporary nudge of anxiety, but just dismiss the thought instantly. It's really true that most people are so busy with their own thoughts, that even if they do care and are shocked, their own concerns and problems will soon overtake their focus, so that even in their minds, life continues Business As Usual almost instantly. While I may not yet be a pit bull when it comes to absolute bravery in street heeling, I've defintely morphed into what I think of as a dalmation: unique, stunning, and fashionable.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Damn, damn, damn. I've worn my various heels, from 2" to 5", out and about at odd times in different situations and never had a comment good, bad or indifferent. A friend who knows about my penchant for wearing heels and I went to Calais (France) for a booze cruise and I wore my camel 4" ankle boots for the whole day which was wonderful. The only time I saw anybody really notice was at lunch when sitting at the table, a young woman across the aisle noticed and said smoething to her companion. I wonder, do we all secretly want people to notice and comment. I'm pretty sure that I do and now I think that I would echo the sentiments of some of the other contributors; their mine and I like to wear them.

Women were never the first to volunteer their opinions to me. I usually had to ask. Except in rare cases, that is. It wasn't so hard, I'd just comment on some part of their outfit that I really admired, then digress to their shoes, then ask their opinions of men in heels, then if they seemed like the type that could at least tolerate a man in heels, I'd show them the heels I had on.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.