Reactions to your heels?

Foon

Just wondering what kinds of reactions people have had to their heels? I've had plenty of double takes and puzzled stares, but I had some interesting reactions at a party last weekend. The guys didn't say much about my 5" heels, but I got a range of positive reactions from the women. Some were impressed with the heel height, others couldn't believe my feet were comfortable in such pointy shoes, and one girl was really pleased that a man had finally found out what it's like when the crowd is walking slightly too fast and you can't keep up because of your heels :smile: All were impressed with my shoes in one way or another, and all agreed that it took a lot of confidence and guts to wear them. A very positive experience all round - anyone else care to share?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've mainly gotten a lot of positive and supportive compliments from the ladies, and only a few questions from the guys. I remember one time going shopping in the mall and my wife overheard this couple say "Is that a guy or a girl?". The only other comment I usually get is "Aren't you tall enough already?", since I am 6'2" and usually wear 4-8" heels. :smile:

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I get a few double takes outside from people in the street, but my friends and colleagues for the most part ignore them. They know I wear them, it's no secret, nothing hidden, no shoes under the bed, no quick dashes to the rubbish bin at midnight, no peeking through the curtains to check if anyone is coming back early. If someone is up front about something they don't get much reaction. For example if your mate died his hair green, you might comment the first time you saw it, but after that you all have to get on with life.

I had surprisingly little reaction on my heels. I have worn my 2.5" heels now about 4 weeks and most of my friends where verry positive about them. My latest buy most havent seen yet. They are 4" Last sunday there was a BBQ at my parents house. eventually they saw the shoes, My brother and father didn't care to mutch, only wanting to ask if they walked comfy. and my mother kept asking if it was the latest fassion.An other friend of mine saw it imediatly and asked if the heels where a but to small to walk on. But till now no negative coments.

To be honest, I haven't had much reaction either. My brother asked me how I bought shoes, and a friend asked if I could drive in them (I can), and that's about it. I think I've had a couple of double-takes, but what the hell - no-one's ever confronted me about it. So I'm keeping on going!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I still get the odd comments and mickey takes, a few wolf whistles from the girls and the occasional idiot, but generally no problems. Most people couldn't give a monkey's what you have on your feet, but some do get intrigued or outraged by a difference to their perceived 'norm', but that's their problem. Wear your heels with pride and sod anyone that doesn't agree!

I wore my open toe wedge 4" mules to a social thing this evening. It was a hot day. One of the girls I know quite well had 3" wedge mules. She's in her 30's like me. Anyway she says "Ooo yours are higher than mine." Then she said I should wear red nail varnish like her. She kept looking under the table and winking. Actually I know her quite well and we often tease each other. She wears boots a lot like me too. We often invite each other round for games evenings (hahaha, not that sort of game!)- poker, bridge, mah-jongg etc. That's why I can't understand people if they say it would affect their social life or they would be an outcast. I've never lost any friends over it, indeed I've made friends because of it.

Yesterday I wore my 4" boots when I went to some friends of mine. We had something to discuss about the upcomming TT of assen next week. One of my friends opened the door and looked a bit strange... he said "what are you standing strange and what are you going in girlie shoes" A other friend om my who already saw me in 2.5" boots a other time shouted from a other room that I was just waering nice boots. (He hadn't seen my new 4" boots at that time). Later we all went to meet up with some more friends. After about 2 hours his girlfriend came home and she saw the imediately and asked if they walked nice en easy, I told her: not they don't I have to practice some more in them. Than the others started joking a bit about that I sould'n walk in grass or mud, than I would sink in quite a bit. I was happy that we all went home my veet realy started to hurt (not showing :smile: )

Other than the predictable odd stare or double take, I haven't had any problems. And, as you all know by now, I've been wearing standard pumps at work for several months now. Everyone at the office (nearly two hundred people strong), from supervisors on down have accepted me for what I choose to wear and it's no big deal. They've all seen my shoes (and have figured out that I wear pantyhose to boot!) as I make no effort to hide them and have got numerous compliments here and there. It's been a great experience, one I will continue for a long time to come.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

The wierdest comment I've ever got was when I was wearing my 5"heel/1"plat stiletto ankle boots to school. The teacher asked, when I was walking out of the classroom, "you must have bought those in the ladies section, right?" :smile: like there was any doubt about it...

Yes that's what I don't get. Manny people ask me when I am wearing my 4" boots, Do they sell them in a man's size? Hello !!! I am a man and wearing them.... of course they sell them in my size. An old saying: If the shoes fits.....

I've never had anything but compliments. Mostly from women, and occasionally from the guys. The other day, I was with two co-workers in Long Island. (I was wearing 4" chunky heeled boots) We were at a bar, and were people watching when one of the guys saw this real goth gal. He said to me "Charlie, take a look at her, she's your ideal gal! You've got your cool boots on, so go introduce yourself....." He was kidding as he knows I'm married, but he really thinks I wear the coolest boots. He's said this before too........... Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

Well, this weekend was probably the most embarrassing moment I've had. I had the nightmare car trip from hell - 200 miles from the West Country up to Cutlery Country. On the way there I had to park up next to a car full of young girls, and got severely giggled at. Oh well, such is life.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

when we moved to a small farming community, we always lived in large metro cities, we were new to the community. on new years eve they had a new years eve dance, what else. my s/o wore her black patent pumps, what else, and she was the only one there in heels. most of the other people either had flats, or even tennis shoes on. when we were danceing it was fun to watch both the guys and especially the gals stare at her stiletto heels.

patent leather and classic high heel pumps area.

• 1 month later...

i think if i were to see a man in heels, and if he looked approachable enough, i'd compliment him. it does take courage to go against the grain! sometimes all it takes is one person to say "hey, you look nice!" to make your day.

The other night, I was out for coffee with some friends of mine, and I was wearing my 4" baby-doll pumps under pants, and when using the "facilities", on the way there I heard this guy talking quite loud saying "Did you see that guy over there? He's got high heels on his feet. Just wait til he comes out...you gotta see this!". *sigh*...some people STILL need to get a life I guess. I completely ignored the fact he was breathing air and just walked on totally oblivious to his statements. :smile: I was comfy in my new pumps, and no one was going to spoil my mood. :grin:

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Christ, you guys are the coolest. Ive wanted wear heels since I was about 12 years old, yet never have done so, probably because I'm too scared and worried what others might think. Even uy girlfriend doesn't know about my obsession and we've been living together for 2 years...nighmare...

I don't think I've *ever* been described as 'cool' before :smile:

In this, as in many other things, the first time is the scariest! After that, it gets easier.

Oh, and far be it from me to tell someone else how to manage a relationship, but perhaps you might want to have a chat with your girlfriend. You never know - you might have some extra support - a couple of ex-partners have pushed me to do things I'd never have dared to do on my own!

And if/when you do decide to have that chat - good luck!

I've had a lot of nice comments from women, some of whom admired my shoes, some who thought i was being brave etc.. Some of my friends have been supportive, but generally they were women. I've drawn my fair share of negative comments too: i've been laughed at by women but that's about it- not a big deal. from men the reaction has not always been as good. i've been called fag, i've been asked if i like men [only as friends], nothing worse than that. Today some one asked me if my shoes were starting to hurt yet [5" Granny boots: answer- yes but not much] What I have discovered, at least in LA and Santa Barbara, is that the hardest part by far is stepping out the front door. Of course, I am unusual in that when i go out, I wearing feminine clothes without any makeup apart perhaps from nail polish. Anyway, once I pluck up the courage to leave the apartment complex and get to the busstop it's suprisingly easy.

the truth shall make you fret

• 2 months later...

Hello! Today was the first day ever in my life--during the day that is--that I ventured out in 3" heels in full view. My black pants did not cover my 3" heels from Nine West. I went to Starbucks in the middle of New York City and then ventured a few blocks to Barnes and Nobles. For my first session, I was completely nervous at the beginning. But then I relaxed, said to myelf "Go for it anyway,", remembered the positive experiences others have had on the board--and was able to relax and really enjoy myself. I put myself into a state of mind where I didn't even look to see if others were looking. It didn't even matter to me if they were. I would rather have had beautiful women complimenting me, but alas--shoes even in New York City (Fashion Capital of the World), didn't really even turn heads. At Barnes and Noble, a girl sitting 1 table away from me in the cafe had to notice my heels. I deliberately and nonchalantly pulled up my pant leg exposing the heel. She went to the counter to get a coffee and came back and nodded her head a hello like way, but in a VERY respectable way. At Starbucks, in line for the bathroom, I'm sure the guy behind me noticed. Here I felt scared. I used the restroom and walked out the door. Quickly I glanced at the guys eyes and he looked at me funny. Overall, it was definite proof of pleasure and courage coming together to form one definite experience I will again muster.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Here's a fun little story for all to enjoy! I found a super stylish pair of black patent pumps at Payless on Saturday. The zipper-like ornament on the side and the 3 1/2 blade heel made for a really killer combination, and I wasted no time wearing them at the office on Monday. I was dressed from head to toe in black: shirt, pants, hosiery, plus the new shoes, and the compliments flowed like water. One female co-worker said I looked too sharp for words! Another was awed with the zipper ornament, a third said flat out that I look better in heels than most women while a fourth, a notorious fashion queen was actually jealous and vowed to go shopping, saying to me, and I quote: "No way am I gonna let a man strut around here in better looking pumps than me!" Needless to say, I had a ball today! I'd say this was my best day at the office yet in heels!!! :-D

a notorious fashion queen was actually jealous and vowed to go shopping, saying to me, and I quote: "No way am I gonna let a man strut around here in better looking pumps than me!"

Wow Jeff, most of us can only dream about such feedback!

I don't see that happening here soon.

Bert

What's all the fuss about?

Am I jealous! I have been waiting for over two years for someone to say I like your boots/shoes. Oddly enough I have only had that comment when wearing mens shoes and from women. About three years ago while walking down a hall by a complete stranger and about five years ago in a Cole Haan store in Chicago. The first time I was wearing a Donald Pliner shoe that closely resembled a woman's model (mostly a lower heel). The second time it was as pair of monk strap Italian shoes with about an 1 1/2" heel that the Cole Haan woman clerk almost drooled over. I bought both of these shoes because they were the nearest thing to a shoe I liked in the womens department.

Go gently through life.

Well, I've been very fortunate in that I work with so many open minded and accepting people, none of whom find it odd to see a man wearing heels. A goodly number of them tell me I wear very nice shoes, not very nice "women's" shoes, just nice shoes. And that never fails to make me feel good inside.

Here's another add on to my stories on the streets of New York City. I was in a bar in the Village on Bleeker street. Naturally, I picked this bar because the floors as well as the lighting is dark thereby hiding my 3.5" Nine West heels. Well, on about 5 separate occassions while in the normal course of a conversation with a woman, I asked her for her opinion on my shoes: BEAUTIFUL BRITISH BRUNNETTE: she saw my boots, and instantly smiled and held out her hand with an excited thumbs up. Her friend soon conceded that my boots with the blade heel were stylish and even volunteered their room number in mid town to me for future visits. BRIGHT BLONDE BOMBSHELL: I wasn't wearing my blades, but my 3" block style knee high Nine Wests. She said it was "cool" and in a very friendly tone of voice that was warm too. BABALICIOUS BLONDE: I first showed her my flat nine west knee highs with my legs crossed masculine style, towards her. "Do you like them?" Yes, she replied. I said, "You can feel them if you want too." And she placed her beatuful smooth hand on my right foot and rubbed the leather. Then I said, "feel up here too," as I gently and flirtatiously glided her hand up my calve along the shaft of my black boot. Did she like it? Of course! She said that was cool just so long as no one else knew. And even though she qualified her positive response, in the whole spectrum of beautiful womens reactions to my boot wearing, it was joyous and positive to hear a GOOD WORD AND HONEST FEELING combined.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

So far the only time I know of a verbal response to my heels was when my GF and I were at a County Fair in Maine (Hicksville and Red neck territory). I did not know until later but my GF and I bumped into a coworker of hers. The coworker mentioned to my GF that I was wearing 4" high heel boots. My GF response was a shrug and said "So". It explained why I saw a slightly confused look on her face when we meet. :smile: But what would you expect from a 19 year old?

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

i like to wear my black leather crotchtall hiheel boots in public as well. lately i have been going to shopping malls,etc. usually early in the morning when it isnt as busy. i have found that most people dont even look...especially the guys. the women look at bit and then ignore u. i have also found u have get quicker service...perhaps its because u stand out. of course,the rest of my outfit is extreme as well. all black leather other than the black dress shirt. i wear biker boot chains and a garter of my own manufacturer to hold up my boots. skin tite jeans,shoulder length gloves,spiked choke collar,d ring wrist restraints,and biker skullcap set off the rest of the ensemble. i also like to swim/wade in this outfit...usually in indoor motel pools.

...shoulder length gloves,spiked choke collar,d ring wrist restraints,and biker skullcap set off the rest of the ensemble. i also like to swim/wade in this outfit...usually in indoor motel pools.

You swim in leather and chains? How come you don't drown for the weight? :smile:

Anyway - you have a cool style. I guess when you look that outrageous already - with all the "armor" - the thigh-high boots don't stand out that much any more. So you can wear them easily everywhere...

BTW - how high and what type of heels do you wear under your thigh-high boots?

HH forever!

i have 40 pairs of boots,but my favorite are the black leather 4 inch spike heels with sidezips. got them from doug dealy at www.perfectstitch.com. oh,btw...how do u change to footwear icon on the left side? i would rather have an icon like yours than those dumb comfy loafers.....