Reactions to your heels?

Foon

...how do u change to footwear icon on the left side? i would rather have an icon like yours than those dumb comfy loafers.....

You have to post more messages... read the FAQ section of something... When you reach 25 - you get your first heels :smile:

HH forever!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in case you were curious about the "zipper pumps" I talked about a few posts back, here's what they look like! Hopefully, this pic will show here:

Posted Image

So, what do you think? Pretty cool, huh? Between the zipper ornament and the stylish 3 1/2 inch blade heel, these are my prettiest shoes! And my co-workers liked them a lot too! :-)

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Even though yesterday was Casual Friday at the office, that doesn't stop me from wearing heels. On this day, the combination was a nice turtleneck sweater, a pair of noticably tight jeans and my Payless 4 inch blade heeled ankle boots. As usual, I was warmly complimented, the ladies saying I looked very nice and that the boots and jeans made for a killer outfit. I don't bother to hide my heels, in fact, I'm PROUD to display my heels, I see no reason to hide what I wear, after all, they're only shoes! So what if I choose to wear something associated more with the fairer sex? As far as I'm concerned, when I'm wearing pumps, they're not women's shoes, they're MY shoes! Plain and simple! And that's the way it's gonna be! :-D

JeffB; Congatulations. The picture you posted looks great!! I must admit seeing a non-functioning zipper on the side of pumps is quite unusual. No wonder you get all those comments at work!! You are setting a new style trend for your co-workers. I'm just happy you are receiving acceptance from them. Too bad others can't be as open minded. PJ

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

....the rest of my outfit is extreme as well. all black leather other than the black dress shirt. i wear biker boot chains and a garter of my own manufacturer to hold up my boots. skin tite jeans,shoulder length gloves,spiked choke collar,d ring wrist restraints,and biker skullcap set off the rest of the ensemble. i also like to swim/wade in this outfit...usually in indoor motel pools.

crotchboots-m;

While wearing this outfit, do you stay in the shallow end of the pool or do you use the deeper end as well ?

PJ

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

I thought it was time to be a little more adventurous. So a couple of days ago I moved up from 2" zip ankle boots with a buckle to 3" boots. OK they are chunky with a Vibram type sole, but the heel is clear, even with bootcut jeans. The wife asked if I was going to take the kids to school in them. No problem, I don't get out of the car - she didn't protest. Then it was general pottering around the house and dog walking - no problem. Then a trip round the local supermarket. Met up with at least six people who knew me - no comment and no looks. One girl going round the store was wearing a beautiful air of blade heels about 4" high - she got my looks! Finally into work. Yes, I'm on holiday and I know I shouldn't go in during the evenings. The cleaner was there as expected - chatty Australian girl working here way round Europe. She looked! After glancing down about three time she said "Nice bootcut jeans." Did she miss the heels or was she just coding the message. I'll never know - she's move away, it was her last night. Hopefully I've left her with an interesting memory. Next week I'm going for a haircut - will I be brave enough to wear my heels in full view? Lets wait and see. Biggest problem here is that it is a very small town andeverybody notices (almost) everything. B-booted

Getting a haircut was one of the first places I felt that I could wear whatever I wanted to, 4" block heels and 4" block heeled boots, in safety. Never a comment one way or the other. Nothing but women and gays where I go--what's to worry. A very accepting atmosphere--that plus I pay and then tip well.

Go gently through life.

Well, I've done it again! Thanks to Statuesque http://www.statuesque.com, a mail order outlet I recently found, I've added yet another great looking pair of shoes to my slowly growing collection:

Posted Image

These gorgeous pumps from Ros Hommerson sits on a stylish 4 inch heel and are pretty striking if I do say so myself! They're a dream to walk in and are very comfortable. I wasted no time showing them off at the office today, and, as usual, the compliments from my co-workers were many.

One lady rolled her eyes and said: "What? Again? Another new pair of shoes? Aren't you ever going to stop?" I chuckled and told her no, that I was only just beginning. She then said my shoes were very nice and that they looked nice on me. No one bats an eye anymore at my wearing women's shoes, only when I show off new additions! :-D

Well, I wouldn't call this a story regarding someone's reactions to heels, rather what I wear with them. As most of you probably know from previous posts, I wear pantyhose daily, and on Saturday, I was in Macy's stocking up on Hanes hosiery which was on sale. When I got to the register, I was met by a rather cheery and talkative cashier who, upon seeing the six pairs of Hanes Resilience (three each in off-black and gentlebrown) I had asked if I were buying the hosiery for a lady friend. I shook my head and casually said the hosiery was for me. That threw her considerably as her eyes bulged and her mouth fell open. Jeez! You'd think she never encountered a guy who wears pantyhose, like that's any sort of big deal. Well, she recovered quickly, rang up my purchase and, in a nervous tone said she hoped I enjoy my purchase. To tell you the truth, I rather enjoyed the dumbfounded look she wore. It was all I could do not to chuckle at her consternation. :-) So, I guess that counts as a reaction, eh?

Why didn't you hold up your foot, pull your pants cuffs up and show her your hose and high heels? I wonder what her reaction would have been then? :smile:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Damn! Why didn't I think of that? :-D And I wore both yesterday too! Yeah, that would've blown her mind! HA!

I've been wearing my heels "out" for only a little while so far, but can report absolutely *no* adverse comments or reactions. Took a trip into London with my wife a few weeks back, and this was our first outing in public with me in heels. Walking around Covent Garden at 2pm on a Sat afternoon - it was busy - had a few looks (apparently) but no comments that either of us heard. Off to the theatre (matinee) where the heels where just so visible walking up & down stairs, then restaurant, back through CG and back to our hotel. About 8hrs of heel wearing (4" blockish ankle boots from Faith), with not a single verbal comment. That gave me (and my wife) a whole lot of confidence. Since then I've been in and out of hotels in them, around Ikea (in Glasgow), a shopping centre or two, and still nothing bad! One of the shopping centres, I went into a shoe store (in the same boots), and had a chat to the assistant, who could clearly see my heels. We decided there was nothing there for me, but what a great conversation! So, after many a year of worrying about what the reaction would be, now I just wish that I'd done it earlier!! Enjoy all

I don't go out in heels all that often, but when I do nobody seems to notice, certainly nobody says anything! If only the majority of people who suffer from a lack of confidence over wearing heels realised the same...

Man is born in freedom, but soon becomes enslaved, in cages of convention from the cradle to the grave - Jeff Waynes War Of The Worlds/Sung by David Essex

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys. I don't wear my heels much outside. Living in a place where the population isn't that large. But I still have to tell about an experience I had about 6 months ago. I was driving for a convention and had my crotch high boots on while driving. I had long wanted to wear them in public, but never dared. But as I drove I got in that mood where I really wanted to go public in them, so I decided to stop at a gas-station and go inside. I prepared a backup-line as I knew there would be reactions. There where no customers inside and behind the counter was a woman (25 - 28 years old). She immediately looked up when she heard the sound of the heels clacking on the floor, and I could she was pretty surprised, and by the look on her face she didn’t like what she saw. So I smiled at her and gave her the line: “This is what happens when the stakes are high, and you loose the bet”. She started laughing and said “You shouldn’t have made the bet”. The ice had been broken. I walked around a bit in the shop and got a few items to buy, and as I walked up to the counter she said: “Actually you look a bit cool in them. And they’re quite sexy boots”. What else could I reply but: “Thank you! Maybe I should start wearing them regularly”. She laught and said (as I expected):”I don’t think so”. Still as I got back to my car I was the happiest man on earth. This is without a doubt my best public wear experience! - Moda Stivali

My most positive reaction was actual praise and compliments at the Brum meet! And the worst I've ever had was some giggling from a carload of girls.

My brother knows; he just calls me 'Imelda Marcos' when no-one else is around :lol:

My old Uni mates either didn't notice or don't care. The worst I had from them was very broad smiles when I had to run up a street to the pub as I'd got distracted by a model shop and they'd carried on.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

First, Moda, those knee high boots in your pic are awesome! Second, I wore some Nine Wests just like them but concealed under my pants for the first time in public in the Village and Times Square. No Reaction from anyone and I deliberately crossed my legs masculine style to fully reveal the heels towards the women I sat next too and NO REACTION at all.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Interestingly, all the positive reactions i get to my clothing are when I wear women's items. I have some loafers (not bery high heels, but women's nonetheless) which always get comments like "Great shoes". Same with some bacl women's sweater I have. This goes to prove that there really is a lack of style in men's clothing. When used properly, men can really dress much nicer when mixing in items that sell only for women.

AGREE! The only compliments I ever get about my clothes are usually from women, and always for some article that was originally sold as "Women's". These include several shirts made out of polyester/lycra microfiber "moleskin", boots, and whisker wash lace-up (cotton/lycra) jeans. I have several all polyester microfiber moleskin shirts made for men--but never get compliments--the fabric doesn't "drape" as well if it has no lycra (and it sure as heck doesn't feel as good either).

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

I've only worn my heels out a few times, but other than the time when I was in complete drag/CD, I've had no adverse reactions. A couple of stares (I was wearing 5in heels under long jeans, so perhaps they could have been spotted, just) and a comment from a college friend along the lines of "Have you grown or have I shrunk?!" which was followed by various 'jokes' about me wearing high heels... which of course was true, but they don't know that! :lol: SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

You know, I have a few sweaters from Dress Barn in the USA. And every time I wear them, I get compliments from women too. Plus, they feel softer and smoother than the ordinary mens fashions.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

So far no one has said anything to me when wearing my high heeled boots in public or at work. I have seen a few women taking a second glance but that is all. Since most of my heels are only 2" to 3" in height I think only the more observant people in society even notice. Maybe it is time to crank up the height a bit :lol: . Chris

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm new to these pages, I have been reading them for a week or so. Thanks to you guys I finally got up the nerve to wear a pair of pumps with 3" heels out in public. I went to 3 different stores while shopping and I didn't have anyone notice one way or the other. I have more shopping to do tomorrow and I plan on wearing them again.

I wore 4" block heel thigh boots today with my denim catsuit with a leather trench coat over the top. When Ruth and I went to Lakeside with Firefox and Xaphod. A few double takes but not many noticed despite it being VERY crowded.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I said I had more shopping to do and I did. I went to a store we have here in the states called DSW. It is a shoe store that is almost warehouse sized. As you enter the store mens on the left and womens on the right. Well no doupt where I was headed. I started in the center and worked my way to the end. At the back wall they have the out of stock sale items and I found a pretty pair of pointed toe levi covered 3" pumps. Without even a hesitation I just slipped off my shoes and tried them on. One other woman was in the isle with me looking for shoes. We carried on a nice conversation while all of this was going on. She didn't say a word about the shoes and neither did I. They fit so I took them off and boxed them up. Then it was back to one of the center isles where I had seen a pair on ankle boots with heels I liked the looks of. I found them in my size and right there on the stool in the mail isle I tried them on and walked around in them a bit. They fit just as nicely. They have rubber caps on the heels so I plan on wearing them to work tomorrow.