Privacy Included

dr1819

For kicks, yesterday I stopped by a store downtown I've ridden by several times that sells ladies fetish wear. One pair of boots caught my attention. They were lace-up thigh highs with a 4-1/2 inch tapered heel, but they came with a matching waist cincher which belted to the boot-tops by means of two straps. After noticing that I was looking at them with some interest, the proprietor asked, "Would like to try them on? I think we have a pair in your size." When I said, "Yes, but..." she said "Then I'll close the shop for a few minutes for your privacy." She flipped the sign, locked the door, and we went into the back, where she retrieved a box with the pair in my size. No pointy toes, just good, old-fashioned well-made boot with a great, appropriately placed heel. It took about ten minutes to lace them, then another five minutes to lace the waist cincher and attach it to the boots. By this time I was down to my T-shirt and a pair of biking shorts (I'd cycled there), so when she asked if I'd like something to go over all of it, I said "Yes, please," not knowing that she'd return with a black cotton-spandex short-sleeved shirt dress that fell to mid-thigh. I felt silly enough, but she seemed supportive, so I said, "Ok, whatever," and took off my t-shirt and donned the dress. It was comfortable, and definately completed the look, except for the rib-cage on up. Definately lacking shape, and the mug, well, let's just say the dude doesn't look like a lady, at least not without some help from Clinique. I don't think I'd ever be able to wear a dress in public, although I'd definately get away with the boots/cincher and a pair of jeans or even a long, dark skirt with a long dark dress shirt worn over the top (as I've done with my knee-highs. The boots themselves - extremely comfortable. If they'd had a thigh-high or knee-high pair, in a lesser price and with a lower heel (3.5" would have been perfect), I'd have bought them in a heartbeat. Regardless, I'd had my fun, and although she was disappointed that I didn't splurge the 650 Euro she wanted for the boots and cincher, she invited me back to try on anything else I wanted, "privacy included." I got the impression that she does this a lot with male clients here in Germany...

Dr1819:-) That shop owner could not have done any more for you than she did in temporarily closing her shop. She may not have made a sale at that time, but the door is open for a future sale. A very smart businesswoman, I'd say. Keep us posted if you return there at a later time. Sounds quite interesting. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

wow what a kind person.

i have always bought ebay as i am too shy and Uk is so judging

I tend to buy online a lot but more because I can save money, or get hard to find shoes. I've tried on heels in shops a couple of times, and the assistants have been friendly and helpful. You might be a guy buying women's shoes, but you're also a paying customer and deserving of the same courtesy they'd give anyone else.

Chris

i have always bought ebay as i am too shy and Uk is so judging

Actually, it isn't that bad to be honest. The UK is generally diverse and accepting of people who are different. It depends where you are really, and how much confidence you have.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Actually, it isn't that bad to be honest. The UK is generally diverse and accepting of people who are different. It depends where you are really, and how much confidence you have.
And if they're trying to sell you fetish wear and they've got it in your size and you look like you're giving off buying signals - it's hardly likely they'll be judgmental.

Personally, I wouldn't ask the shopkeeper to close the store, just so I can try on some high heels. I'd simply do it out in the open, not caring if anybody saw me in heels. But, I do understand your need for privacy and if you'd like, we sure would love to see you wearing those beauties.

Black patent, open toed high heels are the best!

Just thought I'd share a really nice experiance I had today. For those who don't know my mom works at a local Department store, so natually she knows next to everyone who works there as well. They usually have really nice boots with heels come this time of year and going into the winter, however with mom working there I'm always worried if anyone will say anything to my mother about seeing me trying on women's shoes. So today I just briefly walked through the women's shoes and looked at the boots quickly to see if they had a certian pair in my size. Just as I did one of the women who work in the shoe dept. came up behind me and said: "We haven't got any of the thicker heels in yet but we're expecting them soon." I was shocked, I asked her "You mean I haven't been the first guy to look?" She said: "No, me and the other girls see plenty of guys looking for chunky heel boots. My son is into the gothic look and he likes them himself." I took this time to tell her I'm not into the goth look myself but I do like heels so then she asked if there were any there I was looking for. And there were, I told her the brown pair of cowboy boots there but I don't see a 10. So she went to another isle and got them from the storage space on top, and handed them to me. I went and tried them on, I really liked them but I'm more partial to black over brown. I put them back with the rest then I went ack to tell her how much I appreciated her understanding and how much of a relief it was to find out that her, and the other girls, are use to seeing guys in the women's shoes. She also said that my mother would hear anything from her. But who knows, if I see the boots drop in price, I may go back for them. :evil:

Newfieguyinheels, your story reminds me of an event during my earliest heeling days. You couldn't get shoes online, then, and the only place in my size was Payless. Fortunately, with their traditional "ding-dong" as people walked in or out, you always knew whether or not the store was empty. Back then I was deathly afraid of what might happen if someone came across me trying on a pair of ladies shoes, so I always waited until I was alone in the store, or at least that section was alone, before rapidly trying on a pair then cramming it back in the box. I'd just pulled zipped up two pair of 3" chunk heel ankle boots when the store clerk walked around the corner, took one look, and said, "most in that size are on the next isle, which is seldom visited." My jaw must have dropped, because she smiled and added, "Oh, don't worry - guys are always in her buying heels. Several times a week, at least." Based on this, some other comments I've received from other shoe clerks, and stats I've read, I think the phenomenon of guys wearing heels is a whole lot higher than people think in general. I think we're just a lot more secretive about it, in general, than women have been about changing their fashion choices.