size three UK shoe size 4 inch heel

lil_becs

Hello there I have a friend at school with tiny size 3 UK size feet who can walk in 4 inch heels rather well, her boyfriend doesnt understand why she carries flip flops in her bag and changes into them when she is tired. Her boyfriend has a size 9 UK shoe size, is there any way of working out the ratio of a size 3 shoe with a 4 inch heel. In other words, what size heel would a size 9 shoe need to feel the same? I hope to hear some scientific answers lol

Hey Becs, Don't know the answer on the size/height thing, but your friend has given me a great idea. I've been trying to get my wife to wear more sexy heels (not even that high, even 3 inches would be great) but she wears "flip flops on steroids" if you have ever seen them (the ones that are stacked real high front and back?). Anyway, I will try to suggest she wear the ones I like but we bring the others with us so she can change if her feet get tired. I will even volunteer to carry them:) Perhaps overtime she will build tolerance for the nicer ones. Thanks and also thank your friend for the idea! Scotty

The problem is is that you cannot measure aesthetics or "feel". The only would be to take every kind of measurement you can and then scale the heel up in proportion. Measure along her foot and divide this figure by 4 (the height of the heel) and then measure his foot and divide by your original ratio and you should have a heel height. For example, your friend's foot would be about 9" long at size 3 and her boyfriend will have an 11" foot. Therefore, your friend's "ratio" is 2.25" and if you divide his foot by the same figure will come out to only 4.9". This is plainly wrong aesthetically and a 4" in a sz 3 should look and feel more like a 6" in a 9 but this does not go along with "science".

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Hello there

I have a friend at school with tiny size 3 UK size feet who can walk in 4 inch heels rather well, her boyfriend doesnt understand why she carries flip flops in her bag and changes into them when she is tired.

Her boyfriend has a size 9 UK shoe size, is there any way of working out the ratio of a size 3 shoe with a 4 inch heel.

In other words, what size heel would a size 9 shoe need to feel the same?

I hope to hear some scientific answers lol

Sure. Go here: http://www.payless.com/en-US/Consumer/CustomerSupport/Finding_Size.htm#measurementtips

Then, divide 4 inches by her foot length, and multiply it by his to derive an equivalent heel height.

dr1819, i did do the divisions by foot length, however my gielfriends foot even though 5 whole sizes smaller is only a around 3cm shorter, which put into the calculations doesnt make the figures alter as much as we hope they should cheers

Wow, didn't know you had to be a mathmatic genius to wear heels. I've been doing it all wrong. I see, I like I buy, I wear. But thats just me. Just a little humor. Thanks for the info cause my girlfriend has size 4 in us and that is very small.Posted Image

real men wear heels

She doesn't want to get her bf a pair of heels i was just going to help her out by saying to her boyfriend

"Her wearing her 4inch heels with small feet is like you walking in 6 inch heels" or words to that effect,

I really only think he mentioned it (while he was with a group of girls) was so that the topic would turn to womens shoes (which has happened a lot lately since word spread about me writing on this website)

Also i wanted to know for myself.

I just hoped they would be some 'over the top' formula like there is for the sex and the city high heels

heres the link

http://education.guardian.co.uk/higher/news/story/0,9830,1173811,00.html