London Revisited

BeHeels

We were looking forward to our next trip to London for some time, but sadly enough couldn't make it to the meeting in may. Our trip to London now finaly got scheduled on august 3, 4 and 5. I don't expect that any of the attendees of the meeting in may left some breakcrumbs (or any other form of trail) for the next heeler in london :roll: So any advice on good places to ge shopping for heels would be welcome (high street, camden ...) Were at that famous italian restaurant you visited in may? And if some of the 'local' heelers are around we could maybe plan a meeting? BeHeels

--- Going up, up ... ---

We were looking forward to our next trip to London for some time, but sadly enough couldn't make it to the meeting in may.

Our trip to London now finaly got scheduled on august 3, 4 and 5.

I don't expect that any of the attendees of the meeting in may left some breakcrumbs (or any other form of trail) for the next heeler in london :roll:

So any advice on good places to ge shopping for heels would be welcome (high street, camden ...)

Were at that famous italian restaurant you visited in may?

And if some of the 'local' heelers are around we could maybe plan a meeting?

BeHeels

My suggestion: come to Amsterdam!

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Several shops in Camden. The one at about number 236 has the complete Pleaser lineup in the basemant - but there are about 30 shoe shops in the main road (including an Aldo sale outlet). There are several shops stacked out with New Rock boots too (one of them is actually called New Rock).

Several shops in Camden. The one at about number 236 has the complete Pleaser lineup in the basemant - but there are about 30 shoe shops in the main road (including an Aldo sale outlet).

There are several shops stacked out with New Rock boots too (one of them is actually called New Rock).

Thanks Jo,

I found this online shopping map of Camden High street and chalk farm road, and Aldo liquidations is listed there.

It's impossible for me to know if the map correct or outdated as it has been a few years since i last visited London.

We have been to Camden of couple of times. I wasn't wearing heels myself at that time.

So i actually didn't notice the shops selling larger sized heels :roll:

It will be a race against time to do as much as possible in the short time we are in London.

BeHeels

--- Going up, up ... ---

Perhaps we should concentrate our visit to the Camden area and then go elsewhere after if we have time?

Good idea!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

It could indeed save some time if someone familiar with shopping in Camden would lead the way.

As Camden is crowded during the weekend i would rather go to Camden on friday afternoon, or late afternoon. (depeds a bit on the closing time of the shops there)

How does this fit in the schedule for you all?

We expect to arrive on aug 3rd around noon in our hotel next to Euston station.

On saturday we have to be at Waterloo International between 14.00 and 14.15 (eurostar departure 14.41)

BeHeels

--- Going up, up ... ---

You know it's funny, Camben is one of the few places in london, I've had a shocked assistant when I've asked to try on shoes. There aren't that many shoe shops in Canden, BUT the ones they have are well worth visiting. There is an Aldo Clearence shop, and a couple of places sell a good rage of Pleaser shoes and the like, plus if you keep heading up past the bridge, there are a few more shops up that way.

When woman get taller, their shoes will fit me better.

You know it's funny, Camben is one of the few places in london, I've had a shocked assistant when I've asked to try on shoes.

:wink: And i have been thinking that anything goes in Camden! :oops:

At certain moment it's 'plain clothing' that sticks out like a sore thumbs among all other :roll: .

--- Going up, up ... ---

Time to get this thread back on track:

As Camden is crowded during the weekend i would rather go to Camden on friday afternoon, or late afternoon. (depends a bit on the closing time of the shops there)

How does this fit in the schedule for you all?

BeHeels

I noted that these heelers had the intention of joining the group:

* Dr. Shoe

* Dr Shoe

* fogborkenvv

* Calv

* Secreto

Could the Aldo shop be a good starting point for the meeting? (easy to find for everyone)

BeHeels

--- Going up, up ... ---

What time are you planning to start? I will get away from work early, I've been working lots of free overtime so they owe me one. Perhaps we can pm mobile phone numbers. There's a Wetherspoons/Lloyds bar by Camden Lock, perhaps that would be a good place for a rendezvous.

What time are you planning to start?

This depends a bit on the actual closing time of the shops in camden. Is that the same as high street shops?

I was thinking to meet about 2 hours before closing time (having a look around the different shops... trying some heels on)

There's a Wetherspoons/Lloyds bar by Camden Lock, perhaps that would be a good place for a rendezvous.

Any place will do as long as i can find it :roll:

The Wetherspoons bar is that the one called 'the ice warf'? (found that on their website)

--- Going up, up ... ---

This depends a bit on the actual closing time of the shops in camden. Is that the same as high street shops?

I was thinking to meet about 2 hours before closing time (having a look around the different shops... trying some heels on)

That won't be long enough I'd say you'd need 3-4 hours at least.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I'd say you'd need 3-4 hours at least.

I'm aware that 2 hours is very short, but i had taken into account that fogborkenvv was planning an 'early finish' from work. Maybe 3 to 4 hours will make that too early.

Let's see what fogborkenvv has to add to this matter.....

--- Going up, up ... ---

I'm hoping to get away by about 2pm - perhaps even earlier - crises permitting. But by all means don't just make the start time consequent on what I can do. I think if people are coming from some distance they'd be less likely to come into London for a really short meet.

Currently i'm mainly guessing when other members can/want to join the group. Why don't we split up the tour of Camden so that there is a possibility to join later. 1st rendez vous ___@ 14:00 (4 hours of shopping to go) ___@ Wetherspoons bar near Camden lock 2nd rendez vous ___@ 16:00 (t minus 2 hours) ___@ (maybe again at the same spot, or otherwise at Aldo) If there is a need for that i assume meeting up for a late lunch just before the first rendez vous should be possible. Members wanting to join in between the two rendez vous point should contact the group by mobile. I hope this solves it for most of the attendees. BeHeels

--- Going up, up ... ---