My New J-Lo Boots

barney15c

Well not the real ones (Prada Oklas I think they were called?) - they would cost me a small fortune even if i could get them in my size. No these beauties were considerably cheaper and fit me perfectly.

I have always wanted a pair of these ever since i saw them in a J-lo video a while ago. But for the reasons given above and also all the "Knock off" models i have seen not going up to my size they remained a distant dream ...that was until i saw these.

They are real leather in a powder blue suede with a 3.25 inch heel which is slightly smaller than the 4 inch heels on the originals. Size 12w US which fit my widish UK9 feet nicely. Unusually made by a US company called Valley Lane - which are not usually known for high fashion styles.

Won on Ebay with a snipe bid 10 secs from end of auction for $46 plus shipping (bargain!!).

Will be looking out for another pair in maybe a camel/beige or black but dont hold out hope as it took over 2 years to find these.

What do other forum members think and do they know of anywhere to get similar J-lo style boots in larger sizes.

Cheers!

Posted Image

Posted Image

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

I have several pairs. 2 in beige, one in pink and the kneehigh version in black. I found the latter in a charity shop in a size UK10! :D

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Thanks Dawn HH - Was certainly a long wait but now i have these I want more!!! Danielle: Tried Roamans site but nothing like my boots on there - thanks for link though. DrShoe: Any chance of a picture of the Size 10's what make were they,heel height etc.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

Thanks Dawn HH - Was certainly a long wait but now i have these I want more!!!

Danielle: Tried Roamans site but nothing like my boots on there - thanks for link though.

DrShoe: Any chance of a picture of the Size 10's what make were they,heel height etc.

If I can find them! :D

I might even wear them on a future heelmeet!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 1 month later...

Hi Everybody, I had a short but very fun outing in my J-Lo's the other evening. I was going out, but felt the urge to push the boat out, so I wore them with tight Jeans shorts from New Look and the tights in the picture above. I left the house with a pair of Jeans over the top - and different shoes. Mrs F has her rules about how I leave the house. Phew! that was a hot few minutes in the car until I'd taken the superfluous jeans off. I called at a motorway services as I needed petrol, and a leak. Parking first at the car park, I sat in the car and thought am I going to get out - and didn't. There were a few "hard" looking young lads and I didn't want any trouble. I definitely needed petrol so I thought I've just got to do this, once I'd pulled up at the pump I just had to get out. No one seemed to notice, although this is probably the most noticeably I've ever worn heels. I paid in the shop, got back to the car and then went back to the main car park, and after a bit of hesitation walked in and went to the loo. Nothing happened and the only reaction I had was an OMG from some school boys. This was such a buzz I repeated my adventure in the next services I came to! This time without the misgivings in the car. I got some cash from the machine. I was more conscious of people observing me, but nothing untoward. I then went and got a fiver's worth of petrol, well it was expensive. In the shop I walked round a bit, got a drink and queued and paid. No one seemed to take much attention until I got back to the car and the eyes of the two assistants and two other male customers followed my car as I drove out. I don't think old Volvos are that rare. Great fun, just doing it "because I can" the answer one of the Fury brothers gave when people asked him why he played so fast.

Um.... wow...that would be pushing it way too far here. I'm glad you're doing it of course and it shouldn't be a push but it's a rather conservative area here.

It's probably pushing it too far here as well! :roll: