HH in Public

DanG

I'm 21 and own some heels that nobody other than me knows about. Recently I decided to wear them outside for the first time when it was raining and dark and there'd be noone else out. Some people walked by but didn't say anything. I walked about half a mile in 6" spike heel boots (the new Pleaser Domina line, black pu leather) and my ankles started to get real tired. I was walking kinda crooked by the time I got back. I guess I need to wear them more than 5 minutes randomly indoors when nobody else is around to build up the stamina to wear heels that high longer. I used to have 5" boots and never got tired walking in those, but never had the courage to go outside in them. I also have the 7" heel boots from TheHighestHeel but I can barely walk in those for a few minutes.

DanG

WELCOME to the forum.

I admire your stamina for going half a mile in 6” stilettos. That’s above what I can walk in and 7”s, for me, are just nice to look at. But, I would suggest that was not the best way to start going out.

As you have found out, wearing high heels takes practice, practice, and more practice, especially when you get above 4” stilettos.

When I go out (and I suspect when most of us go out) we want to be noticed. Having said that, I don’t want to be noticed for walking in heels poorly. You have to have confidence with every step you take. You said you were comfortable in the 5” heels so I suggest you take them out for a nice walk. As you have found out, going out can be a lot of fun.

Enjoy.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

DanG:-) Welcome to the Forum. At least you can walk in heels that high, I certainly couldn't. Practice, practice, and practice some more and you will get used to them. Walking outside on different pavements is a lot harder than walking for 5 minutes indoors. Cudos to you. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Hi, DanG! Some of us want to get noticed, but others simply like wearing heels, and we do it not to get noticed, but because it's our choice of fashion. I'm glad you're going to take some time getting used to your heels before the next time you go out!

I may have overstated my meaning. We wear thing that are we consider fashionable because fashionable clothing makes us feel comfortable and depending on the clothing may attract attention. As a variation on my sermon on contrast attracting attention, if we wear the same thing as everyone else, there is no contrast and we attract no attention. If we wear something different than everyone else, there is a contrast and it attracts attention. It makes no difference what the clothing article is, heels, boots, skirts, leather clothing,... , unless a lot of other people are wearing similar stuff, the wearer attracts attention. Not too many people are wearing thigh boots (guys or gals) and they do attract attention. For me it’s part of the fun. I appreciate that not everyone wants to attract that much attention (or thinks it is fun) but no matter if your wearing thigh boots over jeans or block heels under jeans that cover the heel The fashion statement is different and will attract attention. That means you must be confident in the way you look. The confidence will show and you will have a much better experience.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.