tightening suede boots

Question to all you boot lovers...... I have a pair of lovely brown suede 3" heeled knee boots in a size UK 10. They fit my feet a treat but I think they must have belonged to Tessa Sanderson in a previous life (bought them from ebay) because the calf is about 2 inches too wide. Is there any way, or anywhere where I can can get the calf material shrunk or sewn in to fit my own calfs?

eat more pies. there is not a ounce of fat on you sir! seriously though, I am sure somebody might have an idea. Did you colect those boots from their owner or were they posted? I very much enjoyed our chat when you bought and collected the pair of heels I was selling on ebay. Nigel.

The angels have the phonebox.

Hay we both have the same problem with wide calf boots, skinny ankles!!! The only way is to find a local cobbler or shoe repair shop, just make sure he explains what he is going to do beacuse there is only so much he can do plus, it's going to cost you and you don't want to be disapointed.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Use strong pegs on a front or a seam to get the fit you desire. Take the boots to an upholstery workshop and explain that you need the fit adjusted and I'd wager they would be able to do an excellent for a tenner.

totter along into history

Firstly, Nigel, thank you for your advice on the pies. But after being on paternity leave for almost 2 months I have eaten enough pies for a year. Hoverfly, it isn't a problem of having skinny ankles man. My calfs are pretty meaty from running and rugby and motorbiking (motorbiking doesn't do anything but I thought I would add it anyway). Lorriette, thank you for the good advice. I will speak to an upholstry place soon. Our local cobbler has retired and no-one has taken his place. Such a pity, he was brilliant. Dr Shoe, umm thanks............lol