Favorite authors, TV shows, movies, etc.

I like Sci-Fi: Anne Mccaffrey, Andre Norton, Elizabeth Moon, David Weber, Orson Scott Card, Ben Bova, Emma Bull. And medical thrillers: Tess Gerritsen, Kathy Reichs, Robin Cook. Tom Clancy's not bad, and then there's Iris Johansen and the unforgettable Fritz Leiber. I like what my dad used to call "tear jerkers" for movies (I believe they are now referred to as "chick's movies"), as well as action adventure, and fantasy/special effects. Fav (American/Canadian) TV: I liked the IDEA behind the one season "Queen of Swords"; the acting was terrible, and scripting was worse! "JAG", "Law & Order--SVU", "The Division", "Strong Medicine", "Any Day Now", "Relic Hunter", and "The X-Files". And I'm a sucker for Disney's "Lizzie McGuire" and "So Wierd".

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

TV? Don't make me rant about that, this is the wrong section! Writers - I like Guy Gavriel Kay. Historical Fiction appeals to me, and Kay writes in a way that hooks you to the point of frustration. He creates history even when he changes the names, and he really gives on a feel for a time that seems to have passed us by. A history professor mentioned him one day, and I have been a fan ever since.

• 1 year later...

I go through authors but my favourites are the Bronte sisters especially Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights by Charlotte and Emily Bronte and I absolutely adore D H Lawrence as he really knew how a woman thinks and feels I'd say those were my favourite 3. TV well I love reality shows like Big Brother (except this years one :sleeping: ), survivor etc and films I love em all especially anything with Mike Myers, Clint Eastwood, Steven Segal, Bruce Willis, Goldie Hawn, Bette Davis, Madeline Stowe, Mel Gibson, Richard E Grant, Steve Martin and so on and so on

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

I have most of the Alfred Hitchcock anthologies which are collections of short stories by different authors. Lately I've been reading a book of Graham Greene's short stories (I especially like "The Destructors" and "A Day Saved"). TV shows: 50s and 60s sci-fi and suspense; Inner Sanctum, Lights Out, One Step Beyond, Twilight Zone, Boris Karloff's Thriller, Outer Limits. I also like "Are You Being Served" which used to be shown on PBS, especially the blue-haired woman who always talks about her pussy.

Michael

...and of course Lost in Space. It's funny when people mention thing like the Twilight Zone how you suddenly remember them :lol: that was a good series

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

"Inner Sanctum." Funny, I stopped at a Cracker Barrel Restaurant for lunch last week and I found a old radio show tape of several episodes of the "Inner Sanctum." Must be from the 50's. Squeeking door and all. Enjoyed listening to them. To bad producers don't make programs like those, any longer.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Favorite authors : I have none. My reading is based upon the subject matter, not the author. I am currently reading Blind Man's Bluff (non-fiction) by investigative reporters Sherry Sontag and Christopher Drew.

TV shows : documentaries, biographies, and old-time television shows from the 1950's and 1960's (especially comedies, game shows, variety shows and cop shows). I also enjoy British comedies such as Monty Pyton, Fawlty Towers and Are You Being Served.

Movies : I enjoy watching old mysteries, adventures and comedies from the 1940's, 1950's and 1960's. My favorite movie of all time is It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World (1963).

Radio shows : old-time radio programs such as Fibber Mcgee and Molly, Jack Benny, Abbot & Costello, Amos & Andy, The Great Gildersleeve, Life of Riley, Burns & Allen, and The Bickersons.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

I wonder if there's a Internet radio station that replays old radio programs where we could listen to them?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I wonder if there's a Internet radio station that replays old radio programs where we could listen to them?

Check out these sites and enjoy:

http://www.radiolovers.com/

http://www.otrnow.com/otrnow/index.htm

And if that's not enough, check out the many links at :

http://users2.ev1.net/~ey/audio.html

Have fun listening.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

I'm a big fan of authors such as John Grisham, Tom Clancy, John Le Carré and Agatha Christie. I've just finished reading House of Cards by Michael Dobbs. For non fiction I tend to read history, politics and economics. I also have a pile of law textbooks to plow through. The Sopranos and The West Wing are the two shows that I watch religiously but I enjoy The Simpsons and I even watch the odd episode of Star Trek :lol: My all time favourite film has got to be Clockwise with John Clease. Even after watching it over twenty times it still makes me laugh. Other favourites are Wall Street and Tommy Boy. Plus anything with Bill Murray. I just watched Scrooged on DVD last night and I was still laughing at bits of it this morning.