Tallness?

azraelle

I have a "niece-in-law" who is 6'1"--an excellent volleyball player by the way, even got a scholarship in it--whom I belive would prefer to wear, say, 3" heels, instead of the flats she usually wears, but feels self-conscious about her height, even though her husband has repeatedly said he couldn't care less that she is taller than him--if it mattered, he wouldn't have fallen in love with her in the first place! Would you mind an informal survey as to your barefoot height? And would you be as freely willing to wear high heels if you were tall, like my niece? Or does it matter?

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

• 3 weeks later...

5'6.5" here :grin: I'd wear heels regardless of my height. Though, breaking 6'5" with heels may become an issue of practicality -- doorways and such. _________________ Lisa :smile: <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lisa on 2002-06-20 15:40 ]</font>

• 1 year later...

Being 6' myself I remember what I was told when I became concerned about my height. "Stand up straight! DON't slouch! Be proud of each & every inch of your stature each and every day of your life". . . I have never slouched since & carry myself proudly.

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

I'm 5 foot 10" without heels so do tend to tower over many men in my heels (which as you regulars will be aware, I have to wear). I love being taller than most men though - it gives me power and makes men feel powerless and less in control (they find tall women intimidating). Helpful in business!

I'm also 5'10" and I can truthfully say that I've never found any woman intimidating under any circumstances. In heels or not, taller than me or not. Sometimes I'll just walk away or just not comment to remarks they make rather than continue a "discussion" -- which might give the woman the impression that she's had the "last word" or intimidated me into retreat. However, I consider the source and just walk away rather than waste my time trying to accentuate a point. So, your blanket assertion that "men" are intimidated by you isn't true. Perhaps you should modify your statement by saying "some men."

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Being 6' I just love tall women :( I find them extremly attractive, never imtimidating. But I hate it when they wear low heels because of their height. My pet hate is short women, you have to stoop to talk to them and I hate looking at the top of their head all the time.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

4'10"! You are SO lucky. Last time I was 4'10" . . . well, John Kennedy was President! :( OK, so I'm OLD! :drinking:

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

I AM ONLY 5'9" AND MY SO IS 5'8". WITH HER 4" TO 5" OR TALLER HEELS SHE DEFINATELY TOWERS ABOVE ME. I LOVE IT. THAT'S WHY I LIKE FOR HER TO WEAR STILETTO HEELS WHEN WE GO OUT, OR OTHER TIMES AT HOME. NOT WEARING HEELS JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE TALL IS ROBBING A DEFINATE SENSATION. YOU JUST BECOME MORE SEXY LOOKING IN HEELS!!!

patent leather and classic high heel pumps area.

I did not expect such a thing! I was certain everyone would be saying that men like really short women, for reasons that can not be mentioned on the message board. yes, quite crude, I know. At least I didn't make a comment about flat heads for resting beer... Oh damn, I suppose I just did. Well, I must be in a better mood tonight.

• 7 months later...

I'm 5'9" and I just love being tall and wearing the highest heels that I can manage - though one has to be strong enough to withstand some of the less pleasant comments and just bask in the, more frequent, compliments. I think very high heels actually tend to look better on taller women. It's something to do with the proportion, I suppose, though I would always want to encourage anyone to wear whatever heel-height they enjoy. The important thing is when you wear heels you must be able to walk easily and gracefully in them otherwise the image is destroyed.

I'm 5'9" and I just love being tall and wearing the highest heels that I can manage - though one has to be strong enough to withstand some of the less pleasant comments and just bask in the, more frequent, compliments. I think very high heels actually tend to look better on taller women. It's something to do with the proportion, I suppose, though I would always want to encourage anyone to wear whatever heel-height they enjoy. The important thing is when you wear heels you must be able to walk easily and gracefully in them otherwise the image is destroyed.

Hi, Anne_Louise!

Seeing Geena Davis in 3-inch heels in Stuart Little is for me, a bigger thrill than seeing some other bombshell in 5 inch heels in some other movie.