Thigh boots

Debbie(HK)

• 1 month later...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't mistake me for a prostitute, but i own four pair of thighhigh boots, three in black and one in red, all with heels ranging between 4 and 6". Most of them have laces. I love it when the leather of the boots encases my legs. It is just a wonderful feeling, to feel these boots when walking. I understand that most of you won't wear them in the public. I have done it quite often, but have to endure many calls by guys and nasty remarks by gals. Especially when the combination is with short leather skirts. Therefore most of the times i wear the over tight jeans, though i prefer the skirts. I just like to test the reactions. BTW Minnesota has nine months of boot weather. I wouldn't like to wear thighhighs in Singapore either. _________________ Never without 5" heels <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: viktoriaheels on 2002-05-26 20:48 ]</font>

Never without 5" heels, and always with a very short skirt

To Francis, love your boots. I've thought about buying these also but haven't come around to it yet. Not too afraid to be taken as a male prostitute, I must let you know that I have 4 pairs of thigh high boots in my collection. Heel height 4" and 5", all stilletto. I love the way they grab my legs when wearing them. The only problem I have with thigh highs without zippers is that they take some work to get on and off me. Someday you will see me out in the streets with them. Jo-Jo, do you have a picture of you in your boots?

My favourite boots: Bronx Scarlet Hi, as in my avatar.

• 2 months later...

Well, after reading the discussion, I just wanted to offer my take on things. I myself own a pair of thigh boots, and have worn them out on occasion. The boots themselves are pretty comfortable, rubber soled and with a flat heel. Because I live in a military town, I'll cuff them down to just above the knee. Any higher, and being a male in the aforementioned environment, I'd stand getting jumped and beat up by the less self-confident folks that seem to be most of the population. I wear them over jeans, either blue or black. One entertainer friend of mine likes the look. She says they're more of a biker or pirate look that way. She also likes the fact that I cut a more distinctive figure that way, too. As to the many comments about the outside environment, be it Hong Kong, Singapore or such, I tell you Texas can be just as bad! :smile: They get worn at night, and usually to a bar where it's cooler inside!

I wear mine with leather pants during winter. Sometimes I cuff them down too but normally wear them turned up. Few people seem to even notice but then i live in central london where most people have "seen it all" anyway.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 1 year later...

This is from a guy that loves thigh boots. It is also my first post. I have been reading the board for months and finally decided to jump in. Recently (before the weather got too hot) I decided that it was time to go out in public with my 4" heel thigh boots. I have been wearing a pair of 3/4" (flat) heel boots in public for several months, mostly shopping and around the house. I have several pair with 4" and 5" heels but had never worn them in public. On the way home from work I thought, "why not let's see what happens". So... I put on a pair of black leather 4" boots over (not under) my blue jeans and stopped at our local Sam's (this is a big warehouse style store). I got out of my car, grabbed a shopping cart, and away I went. At Sam's you have to present a membership card to enter. The lady at the door noticed, smiled, said "hi", and that was it. Up and down the isles I went, some people noticed the boots, but all either ignored me or didn't notice. A digression -- Using a shopping cart with heels is a good idea if you have trouble with balance (I don't) or just want something in front of you. Some people don’t see past the cart. When I finished shopping, I had to stand in line at the checkout register. Everybody noticed, no one said a word. (I'm sure the employees are trained to not say anything and to be polite). After going out through the parking lot and loading my car I went to the gas station, filled the tank and went in to pay. Nothing... I stopped at a Taco Bell and went in to pick up a salad. Again, I stood in line at the counter. The first comment was from a lady directly behind me who wanted to know where I had gotten the boots. We chatted for a minute, I got my salad and left. I have since been back to Sam’s several times wearing thigh boots. Several times heads have turned but no one said anything. I either live in a very liberal area (I don’t think so), or my view of the world is all wrong (a distinct possibility) and people really are nice, or I have been very lucky. Whatever, I still am cautious about wearing heeled thigh boots in public. When the weather cools off I’ll start again. I’ll share some more experiences later.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

A great first posting Thighbootguy, and welcome to Megaforums! The only thing is, I find it very tantalising when members only describe their heel heights without saying whether they are wedges, block heels, semi-chunky, blades or stilettos. Can you tell us what yours are, and then we can visualise the scene a lot better? Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

The pair I first went out in were Pleasers-8868.

http://www.howcool.com/pleasersshoes/PL-8868.htm

The weather cooled off a bit and I went shopping last night iin a pair of Pleasers-8890 boots. I had a great time.

http://www.howcool.com/pleasersshoes/PL-8890.htm

The thing that stopped me from going out were the stiletto heels. Block or chuncky heels didn't bother me. I have several pair of below the knee boots that have a block heel and have worn them several times in public. But the stilettos... somehow that was a stopper. I'm getting over it. :lol:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Nice choice of boots thighbootguy, and congratulations on bringing up the courage to break down the walls around yourself. That was the hardest bit, the rest is peanuts. Enjoy your life in your stylish boots, Highluc

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

• 2 months later...

I have 2 pairs of thighhigh boots. I occassionally wear them out to the club-generally in winter 'cuz LORD they are warm!

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

• 7 months later...

Until recently, I had 2 pair of thigh-high boots. One pair were black patent zip-ups and as Anita says, "Lord were they warm". I really did like the feeling of the shanks around my legs and thighs even though they were quite stiff. Especially around where the knee bends when sitting down. they had a 4¾" stiletto heel and there was a time when I could wear them with that type of heel. The second pair of thigh-highs were pull-on's in black leather with a 4¾" stiletto heel and were a bit harder to get on. I solved that problem by putting on my ladies leather gloves and the glove leather would grab the boot leather just fine. They also were much cooler and more flexible to wear as the leather would breathe and keep my legs cooler. I have just recently had to get rid of both pairs of thigh-highs and in the process I'm looking for 2 more pairs with chunky heels to replace them with. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 5 months later...

I usually wear mine with a black leather skirt which I think looks good. I suppose that they are a bit outrageous and not everone would have the bottle to venture out in them. They are good fun though :)

Debbie

I'd love to see you in your thigh high boots with your black leather skirt, Debbie. I'll bet your boots have stiletto heels. What a sexy woman you must be! :o

• 4 weeks later...

Getting in late on this topic..but my wife owns about 20 different pairs of thigh boots in all heel heights and wears them out on the twon regularly. Her favs are a pair of lace up's with a 5 inch heel. She wears those with a denim mini quite often and they look sharp. She has quite a lot of comments and they were all positive. She mainly gets "where did you get those at".

Anyway..kudos to all of you that wear yours in public! :) It's a wonderful thing and what a fashion statement!

Nick

www.sultry-leather.com

• 5 weeks later...

I suppose I've GOT to post here (see left). :D I LOVE thighboots - and have worn them for years - with tiny tight miniskirts, over tight stretch jeans and even some stretch lycra jeans left over from the '80's. :oops: I have a pair of white "Susie's" with 5" stilettos, the white lace-ups (on the left), from Leatherworks, plus the Pleasers (in white and black) that Thighbootsguy also has. In addition I have a pair of black and red lace-ups with 6" heels from Zeitgeist, and some lace-up scalloped Leopard prints with 6" stilettos bought at a market in Germany about 7 years ago. The latest pair are from SHAAXX (bought in a boutique in Bournemouth). They're white again, back laced with a 'V' vent at the back of the thigh, stitched panels and 5 buckles and straps up the side to the top. 5.5" chrome stilettos. :) I'll wear thighboots ANYWHERE! Especially if the guy I'm with likes 'em - which they DO!!!! I'm looking for a pair of denim ones for the Summer - I usually wear white ones with a microskirt in the Summer - and it drives men of all ages to distraction! :o

I'll wear thighboots ANYWHERE! Especially if the guy I'm with likes 'em - which they DO!!!! I'm looking for a pair of denim ones for the Summer - I usually wear white ones with a microskirt in the Summer - and it drives men of all ages to distraction! :o

I bet it does!!! :)

How would you feel if he was wearing a pair too?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I suppose I've GOT to post here (see left). :D

I LOVE thighboots - and have worn them for years - with tiny tight miniskirts, over tight stretch jeans and even some stretch lycra jeans left over from the '80's. :oops:

I have a pair of white "Susie's" with 5" stilettos, the white lace-ups (on the left), from Leatherworks, plus the Pleasers (in white and black) that Thighbootsguy also has. In addition I have a pair of black and red lace-ups with 6" heels from Zeitgeist, and some lace-up scalloped Leopard prints with 6" stilettos bought at a market in Germany about 7 years ago.

The latest pair are from SHAAXX (bought in a boutique in Bournemouth). They're white again, back laced with a 'V' vent at the back of the thigh, stitched panels and 5 buckles and straps up the side to the top. 5.5" chrome stilettos. :)

I'll wear thighboots ANYWHERE! Especially if the guy I'm with likes 'em - which they DO!!!! I'm looking for a pair of denim ones for the Summer - I usually wear white ones with a microskirt in the Summer - and it drives men of all ages to distraction! :o

Super! Always love a great boot loving woman! Please share some pictures! And please.... let me know if you find the denim thigh boots! We have been looking for those for over a year. :D

Nick. :oops:

I'd LOVE to share some pics! :D There's nothing better I could think of than a hot blooded man enjoying my legs in sexy thighboots!!!! :o:)

I've been waiting for some decent weather over here in dismal England - DawnHH and Raponchigo are waiting for me to post some pics of my tan over-the-knees and ankle boots as well - so I guess I'll have to start a new thread when I get them all done!!

But for sure honey - I'll do some thighboots too!!! :D

Can anyone give me some pointers as to how to post them once I've got them into the PC??

Thanks! If you'll mail me some, I will add them to our website. (her_dream2003@yahoo.com) I am trying to make a "friends" section to share other "real" thigh boot wearers! No worries... the weather here in Las Vegas hasnty been much better the past few weeks. We have broken records for rainfall totals here in the desert. If you are ok with it, I like "full shots" with your face and all showing, if not, I can settle for about anything. :):o Anxioulsy awaiting your pictures, Nick

I have relocated to Shanghai for about a year now. Surprisingly, the whole idea about stereotyping has not yet caught up in that part of the world. I have seen a few girls wearing thigh boot's in the street. And yes, they are walking in them. Cars are still a luxury for most people; most people use mass transit; involved fair amount of walking, in spiky heels no less, for the girls. No one(i guess the western media) has made a big enough influence as far as what to wear and what is fashionable. Fashion sense are all over the place. Dont think I have seen any girl wear black fishnet stockings, knee high boots and miniskirt to office in the US; but they do here. And no, i am not complaining. I just got back home, New York last week. Went to a few shoe shops, I am surpised to find out that a couple regular shoe shop carry thigh boots(okay, or over-the-knee boot); made by NineWest and Steven Madden(not sure). Did I missed another fashion trend about thigh boots while I am away? Kent

No - not new fashion. But maybe a new trend. As far as the High Street retailers in the UK are concerned - thigh boots are the new 'big thing' and all the "tarty" girlie shops are full of them. A year ago you would have had more luck getting blood from a stone..

I don't think thigh boots are in, I think they still have a stigma. Knee boots are in, I see them a lot, and in a place where winter is super cold at times, you'd think people would want as much boot as possible to cover up the legs. But I still suspect a stereotype exists with boots. The higher they go, the younger a person should be seems to be the idea. Or if not young, single, or looking, or trying to make a statement... Still, boots here are all about the knee for the current trends. Is it a shame? Sure it is. I don't think the style of boots is for me, but it should be out there, available to more than a marginalized section of society standing on street corners or swinging around poles on an elevated runway stage. For me, at 30, single, and not looking for a guy at the moment (though always open to the chance of falling into one's lap, so to speak) I don't think some fashions fit. But it would be nice to know that I have the option without falling into a stereotype. It sounds like some parts of the world have it right in allowing a bit more fashion freedom and expression without an automatic judgement.

Hi Laurie... I agree on the limits of localities. We are fortunate enough to live in Las Vegas. No one here really cares what the other wears. Funny thing is, Sultry was born and grew up here, and has never seen a single hooker in thigh boots! I blame that on the media. I have seen plenty of hookers on stiletto and chunky heeled knee boots, and spikey pumps, but never a single one in thigh boots. I think the way people dress with their boots alos helps. Generally, for a trip to the grocery store, Sultry will wear her thigh boots with jeans and a sweater. She has on occasion, after heading home from a party stop into a store in a very short meni and a pir of her lace up boots with the 5" heel, and a leather halter. Again, no one cared. She does get the occasional "where did you get those" and the "I wished my wife would wear those", but that is about it. :P:P