Goth guide from old fashion to futuristic cyber

Zero

Amaryllis 1 (Gothic Collection 1)

I have been talking a lot about gothic styles and fashion and many members may still wonder what the idea behind it is all about.

First of all it is about fashion and life style. Clothing and footwear is not always required to be extreme since the goth old and new wave still accepts the regular outfits.

Second it is the variety of styles tagged by categories. It all started in the late 70's where the first wave brought by music bands such as The Cure and some other bands introduced the Goth style. For more information search on wikipedia.

Last not least, life style, music and association. We goths (mostly youngsters) are mostly silent but helpful people. We are polite and most likely above average of intelligence. However, if it comes to regular fashion and stereotypes of people in our surrounding, we call ourselves bored. Thus we invade the public society with our ideas that may have a shocking impression, but many forget that in the 80's it was more oftenly spotted and so called accepted for almost ten years. In the 90's it sort of died and the wild hairstyle of the 80's along with it. What a shame...

Today I bring you this to enlighten you about why goths have such a good taste of fashion. http://www.creative-camera.co.uk/exhibitions/exhibition.php?ex_id=30 here you can view a couple of images and if you are hungry for more, I would do my best to post all kinds of goth styles and hopingly to add some pics with high heels as well.

For now opinions and questions are very welcome...

If all is lost as it may seem,

in a cruel endless game,

I'd rather live to redeem,

than to die in shame!

• 5 months later...

Looks like a guy to me, look at the hands- always a give-away and "her" face is rather masculine as well.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

OK, let's take the first option- Amaryllis is a girl. She may have very small breasts, or for some reasons no bust at all, and still be a woman- and look very sexy, especially in Victoriana outfits (that's my personal opinion). Now, let's assume this is a boy. He may be just a fashion freestyler (like many of us here), but I'd doubt that- the appearance is PERFECTLY feminine! Other options may include (but not be limitted to) being TS/TG and having a feminine "inner world" despite male primary sex characteristics, or just simple crossdressing- I guess he can (apart from the breasts, but that's not a case when wearing an overbust corset) very skillfully pass for a woman.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!