Bargains

Magickman

I was taking advantage of after Christmas price markdowns, to go shoe shopping yesterday in the local shopping malls. While out perusing the bargains, at two different stores, women started conversations with me about shoes. One wanted to see the boots I was wearing, which I showed her, and the other asked why I wore women's shoes. I told her that there were no men's shoes with the heel height that I wanted.

Back to bargains. At J.C. Penney, I bought two pairs of 3 1/2" heel, St. John's Bay "Dixie" leather western boots, in black and brown, marked down to only US $29.99 per pair. At Marshall Field, a pair of Franco Sarto 3 1/2" wedge heel, black suede low ankle boots for US $50.00, and at Nine West, a pair of very nice "Pioneer" style black leather ankle boots with 4" heels, also US $50.00.

Here are the URLs:

Nine West:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7218082/c/72.html

==============================

Franco Sarto:

http://www.onlineshoes.com/productpage.asp?type=brand&brandid=26&brandcatid=561&gen=w&pcid=27824

St. John's Bay:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000A1XPWY.01-A1EA4817DKX2U7._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Has anyone else been out shopping for shoe bargains?

Those are some great boots there! Today I went out with my girlfriend into Oxford City and bought a pair of comfy brown 2 inch wedge heeled boots from New Look for £20 (were £35). Shoudn't really have an issue wearing them to work and out casually. I'm intreged by those Franco Sarto boots. I already have a pair of leather pumps made by them and they are great quality. Are the boots comfy? There's a similar pair Clarks boots I'm after. They weren't available in the sales unfortunately so it's a matter of sitting it out a little before they are reduced. They're currently £60 IIRC.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

• 2 weeks later...

I too take advantage of after Christmas sales here in the US. There is a new discount outlet that opened up a couple of months ago. It is called Burke's Outlet and I think it is a national chain. Anyway, I was perusing the shoe section (they only carry womens and childrens shoes) and was surprised at the wide selection of larger sizes with decent heels. I spotted a pair of 4 inch stiletto pumps in a size ten that I tried on. Unfortunately, they were cut small and the left shoe was too tight, but $7.95 for a brand new pair of stiletto heels was hard to pass up. If they had been any other color than light tan, I might have bought them and tried to stretch the left one. Oh, well, so much for bargains. Happy New Year, Terry

Looking to share my fetish with like-minded individuals. I love to wear classic opera pumps in public with 4-5 inch stiletto heels.

Spikes: I think at that price if I had tried them on in the store I would have bought them. BTW, I've been out twice in 5 inch stiletto pumps and I agree that's the way to go but man was my heart pounding. The outlet you mentioned sounds promising but none in my state. It sounds like a TJ Maxx or a Burlington Coat Factory type though and they have some great things in footwear. Keep up the good hunt, Wineanddine

Heel-D asked about the Franco Sarto wedge heel boots. They seem to be well made and comfortable, although I had to buy 1/2 size larger than normal to get a suitable fit. The wedge heel ankle boot was a look I wanted to try, and these Franco Sarto boots are attractive, at least to me. Since the wedge heels are covered in suede matching the rest of the boot, the heels are almost invisible--- stealth heels.

I can't honestly say I've bought any shoes lately. Even heels have become just somewhat of a fashion accessory to me -- albeit an indispensable fashion accessory. I find myself looking for "cool" clothes other than shoes now: Funky shirts, designer jeans, textured oxford button down shirts, fun blazers etc. etc. Stuff that has kind of a "New York" edge. Instead of analyzing the architecture of a high heel, I'm paying attention to stiching on shirts, the fabric mix, where the pockets are placed, artistic designs on t-shirts, how to wrap a scarf around your neck and tie the bottoms in little knots....etc. etc. All which when paired with heels, make for great overall outfits and tasteful representation of our cause. Heck, I have 5 pairs of high heel knee boots, 3 pairs of flat knee boots, 3 pairs of pumps, 1 pair of kitten heels, 1 pair of high heel loafers, and thats 13 TOTAL which is really enough for me. But I do live vicariously through others' shoe shopping experiences! :D

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I just checked out Victoria's Secret. They got some nice strappy heels on sale that caught my eye. Many nice styles up to size 11 US. Frederick's of Hollywood (I think they are the same company) has lot of stuff on clearence and sale. There shipping is pretty cheap also.