Getting more courage

footwear equality

1st off let me say hi to everyone, i've been readign posts on here for a long time now, just have never gotten around to joining up! Pleased i finally have as this is a great place Anyway, im a 22 y/o guy who likes wearing heels/occasionaly crossdressing. I used to crossdress a lot when younger, but I have now come to the decision that I think I just like the feminine styles of clothing etc. Not indeed presenting a female image. Possibly more of an androgynous one. I used to be very subdued with regards to my wearing of heels etc. in public, but after a few positive experiences, I have now become a lot bolder. Yesterday I went out to a busy shopping centre for some Xmas shopping, and I wore my low rise miss sixty boot cut jeans, a black belt with big silver buckle, and a cute top, which when covered by my coat (denim jacket) appeared to be a roll neck jumper but was infact sleeveless. The boots I wore were 4.5inch chunky heeled round toed with an inside zip, and my jeans covered all but about 1" of the heels. I did find myself pulling my jeans up higher, to show off more of the boots as people really didint seem to care, even if they did notice! I also wore a diamond stud in each ear, I really want to grow my hair out and my nails longer but worry about the negative reactions i may encounter. What do you all think? And once again fantastic forum!

Hi and welcome along, funny that sometimes when you are wearing your heels you now try to show more of them, I was xmas shopping myself yesterday and whilst waiting outside the shop with my little girl in her pushchair, I played a game with her. I made clip clop noises with anna everytime a pair of noisey heels walked by. There was only one chap making that noise and he must have had some sort of metal heel or toe protector in his shoes (flatties before you ask). My point is that you could try some more daring heels if you want to get noticed, but dont be dissapointed if nobody cares. As for your hair and nails, hair should not be a problem, but depending on what you do for a living you could have a problem with nails, even then, i think the only chance of you getting noticed is if you break one and make a scene about it, that would be a little over the top. welcome along and thanks for joining in the fun. Nigel

The angels have the phonebox.

footwear equality -

Welcome to the forum. You say you have been reading, so you know there are lots of folks here that are into heels that have lots of advice on wearing them. Nigel has made a good start.

You didn’t tell us about your boots. If they are below the knee or higher, try wearing them over your jeans. It looks great and is lots of fun. After a while you will discover that most people don’t notice and if they do, they don’t care. Several of the board members have been wearing thigh boots with stiletto heels out and about on a regular basis and my experience is that people either don’t notice or don’t care.

Don’t go at this with a fear of being noticed. Many female garments are designed to attract attention so don’t thwart the efforts of the designers by hiding. Pick a look you like and want to present then go for it.

On the other hand, I tend to pick the places we go while wearing thigh boots. Don’t become complacent and go someplace where being a fashion maverick really won’t be accepted.

There is a lot of fun to be had out there. Please keep us posted on your adventures.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

hi footwear equality, I am also 22 and wear heels. Do your folks know, if so how did you get around to it... thats the stage im at now. Its good to see more young guys wearing heels maybe if more do then eventually it'll just become "normal" for guys to be able to wear heels without the worry of being laughed at etc. I have also been wearing heels now for a few years (in secret outside) and recently have started to wear pointy toes stiletto type boots if i so feal like doing so - see im back!! post a few posted down in the for the guys section for more info. keep info coming in about your experiences.

1st off let me say hi to everyone, i've been readign posts on here for a long time now, just have never gotten around to joining up!

Pleased i finally have as this is a great place

Anyway, im a 22 y/o guy who likes wearing heels/occasionaly crossdressing. I used to crossdress a lot when younger, but I have now come to the decision that I think I just like the feminine styles of clothing etc. Not indeed presenting a female image. Possibly more of an androgynous one.

I used to be very subdued with regards to my wearing of heels etc. in public, but after a few positive experiences, I have now become a lot bolder.

Yesterday I went out to a busy shopping centre for some Xmas shopping, and I wore my low rise miss sixty boot cut jeans, a black belt with big silver buckle, and a cute top, which when covered by my coat (denim jacket) appeared to be a roll neck jumper but was infact sleeveless. The boots I wore were 4.5inch chunky heeled round toed with an inside zip, and my jeans covered all but about 1" of the heels.

I did find myself pulling my jeans up higher, to show off more of the boots as people really didint seem to care, even if they did notice!

I also wore a diamond stud in each ear, I really want to grow my hair out and my nails longer but worry about the negative reactions i may encounter.

What do you all think?

And once again fantastic forum!

Hi footwear equality,

from my standpoint you are the most normal guy of the world (*grin*)

My favourite trousers in the summer are my Miss-Sixty-jeans. Especially the Flare Nixie with a backside zipper and a broad white belt. Worn over black or rosé coloured pointy stiletto boots together with a narrow pink top shirt.

Since years I'm wearing 1'' inch hoops in both ear lobes. It seems to me that we both are "gaga" in our brain :D

The best fashion is your own fashion!

WOW! Thanks for the compliments guys, you truly are a nice bunch :wink: As for the style of my boots I wore, they are ankle length, I do also have 2 pairs of ankle length stiletto heeeled boots, black and brown, with a 4" heel, I love this look, flared faded blue jeans combined with a nice matching belt, maybe a bag? and Either a nice sweater or I have been known to wear a white shirt, from the 'girls' side of the shop :D I also own one pair of knee high black stiletto boots 4" heel and a pair of wedges (black) a pair of loafers 4.5"? heel and a couple of pairs of court shoes, and 2 pairs of flats. I have worn all of these out and about, and havent had 1 person say something to me yet, sure I get the occasional stares, but let em look! formallyknownas: my folks do know and are kinda ok with it, but they are just pleased i am not gay because this is apparentley the 'vibes' i can give out, very outdated and ignorant attitude in my eyes. My sister also gave me a hard time concerning it, calling me freak, tranny, queer etc. but now is ok, since she understands it's only clothes and we all have the right to wear what is available (yay) My sister and I went grocery shopping the other week and I told her I wouldnt wear 'boy' clothes if i didnt feel like it, so I wore large silver hoops, a cool baby blue and white Addidas baseball cap (worn properly for all you chavs :wink: ) a tigh fitted white T shirt, hipster jeans with wide brown belt (you could see my midrift when i walked apparentley) and a pair of brown kitten heels, my jeans covered the heels, well most of the shoe TBH except the front. Yes I got some stares that day, but I also had my sis on my side saying "they're only clothes, he can do what he likes" So i'm kinda pleased she can be cool on the subject when I need her support! As for my job with regards to my hair and nails, I work as a call centre operator for an insurance co. so the enviroment I'm in doesnt require short nails or hair, but I think the management consider it 'preferable' on men if you get my drift. Lol Plus I am also a very keen mechanic, doing engine conversions etc. and do my own bodywork on cars too, so I suppose thy could get in the way then! Sorry for the rant, I just feel I have so much to say! J

Hi footwear equality,

from my standpoint you are the most normal guy of the world (*grin*)

My favourite trousers in the summer are my Miss-Sixty-jeans. Especially the Flare Nixie with a backside zipper and a broad white belt. Worn over black or rosé coloured pointy stiletto boots together with a narrow pink top shirt.

Since years I'm wearing 1'' inch hoops in both ear lobes. It seems to me that we both are "gaga" in our brain :wink:

Hey Misha you have a cool fashion taste M S jeans rock :D , and I love belts and earrings too!

Keep it up dude :wink:

Thighbootguy: I have never worn my boots on the outside of my jeans as I only own pretty flared jeans, However I think the skinny jeans can be really hot over a nice pair of stiletto/wedge/plat/flat boots.

It's just not something im wanting to show the world yet I dotn think! Plus I really like the look of jeans covering most of the heel!

You can do long nails and still work on cars . I own a autorepair shop doing both mechanical and body repairs and I personaly work in the shop on cars everyday . My nails range from 1/4- 1/2 inch long . There are 2 things to do . Get UV gels applied to you nails this will make them very strong . Where rubber gloves . This will help keep them clean and help against snagging them on anything. Once you have gotten used to having them long you will be fine .

• 1 month later...

Ptwhbfan:-) Welcome to the HH Place Forum. Tell us more about yourself and why you like high heels. It appears that you have not worn heels before, so my advise would be to get yourself a pair of chunky heeled boots with a 2" to a 2.5" heel on them. Start low on them and you can build to a higher heel after you master them over a period of time. Look for a pair of boots with a squared off or a rounded toe box and cover them with long girl's boot-cut jeans leaving an inch or less of the heel showing when standing. Wear them at home until they are well broken in and comfortable for your feet before venturing out in them in public. Get the practice of walking in them comfortably until you forget that you are wearing heels. Till later--- Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

hello i do love high heels and they look. esp black. ive going to my church all my life and see high heels every sunday. and i just wanna wear em. theyre so sexy. is 5 inch heels really hard to walk in these days

hey im new to this forum.. and i love high heels. and my g/f doesnt like em. so i need to take the next step and buy some..how high should i start off wearing them???

thanks

First of all, welcome to the board. Second, do you mean your gf doesn't like wearing them OR she doesn't like the idea of you wearing them.

If she doesn't like wearing them, perhaps you can go shopping with her, show interest in them, find out what styles she likes and try to find something that you can both enjoy. I've done this with my wife and she is starting to come back to wearing heels.

If it is that she doesn't like you in them, you need to sit down with her and talk out why and see if she has any issues/insecurities with you wearing them. Then as I said with you getting her heels, you need to do the same with you. Have her go with you to get heels and look for heels and find out what styles she thinks is acceptable that you can still feel like your wearing heels. Slowly over time as she is more comfortable seeing you in heels and assured it's just fashion, maybe you can talk her into letting you be more daring with them.

Either way, I would say open communication and shopping together would be the best way to go.

As far as the height, I would say start off with something low (2 to 2.5) and build from there. You will be fasinated in seeing how fast you can progress to much higher heels.

Best of luck and please keep us informed of your progress.

Scotty

hey scott

my g/f doesnt like high heels at all. she said they hurt too much. they might hurt but theyre so sexy. and i wanna wear the 5 inch heels or high heel boots

I understand, they are sexy, BUT, if you want your gf to remain your gf, I would suggest you work WITH her on finding something you like but is comfortable with her and not just insist she wear 5" heels. Go shopping and see if you can't find something that looks sexy to you but doesn't hurt her feet as much. You will have to compromise, but it will pay in the end. Besides, you can make a fun day out with her shoe shopping.

Good Luck,

Scotty

I also wore a diamond stud in each ear, I really want to grow my hair out and my nails longer but worry about the negative reactions i may encounter.

I also wear a variety of hoops and studs (both ears), with no reactions from anyone but a couple of relatives, who now have no problem.

Long hair is no problem, usually.

Nails wont be noticed if you just grow them long, as most people wont even notice. I have had really long nails on occassion, and its a non-issue. It may prove more of an issue if you paint them. However, as you don't actually meet you customers, and you can answer the phone happily with long painted nails, your management can't stop you, under the European Human Rights Act.

Of course, it depends how much of a stand you are prepared to take!

go for <80mm thicker heel boots in black or tan for a starter. If nervous [ no need to be] wear jeans that just touch the floor when stood errect. Practice walking before attempting to go public, keep from looking down at your feet. Be confident, act as if you are dressed in your normal attire, revel in the great feeling you get.

totter along into history

Lorriette is offering good advice. Whatever you chose to start with, practice, practice, and practice. Your walk has to be smooth and natural for two reasons: 1) so it looks good and doesn’t appear that you are doing anything unusual, 2) so you are confident in the way you walk. If you have confidence it will show and people will accept it. The other thing to do is to look at yourself and your heel in a mirror and get used to that look. Be sure YOU like the look before you go out. If you do, and you are comfortable with the image of you in heels that will add to your confidence and as I said, that will show. I drive in heels all the time but be sure to take the time to get used to the heel and the peddles. Preferable when the car is not moving. I recommend starting with boots, as they offer more support, but then I am biased. I also recommend leather over synthetic materials because it is more comfortable and don’t forget a cushioned insole if you plan on walking very far. Have fun heeling.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.