Look vs Feel

sscotty727

Hi All,

In my rant thread, I talked about heels I wear on a regular basis and why I wear them, etc. I am not sure I did a good job explaining it there, but I thought I would do another thread that talked about heels that look nice vs heels that feel nice. For example, for me wearing heels, it's not about how they look or how noticable they are (actually, the less noticable the better), but how they feel on me. Take the following heels for example:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now, I would never think of these heels as looking "sexy". If a woman walked by wearing these heels, I probably would take very little notice. They are non-descript and descrete, which is exactly what I am personally going for, for me in daily wear. Even though they don't look sexy, they do feel sexy because they give my heel the lift and change the way I walk enough to let me know I am wearing heels instead of flats. Yes I wish they were a bit higher and I have made inserts for them to give me a little more of a lift, but again, for daily public wearing, I am more concerned about the feeling of heels vs the look or others seeing me in them.

Now, by contrasts, take these heels:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

They are very sexy and if I saw a woman wearing them, I would definitely notice in a good way. Also, in my private life (at home, in the car), I would much rather wear them. But in my public life, they are far too conspicuous for me to wear just for that reason. I don't wish to draw attention to the fact I am wearing heels.

Now there are those of you who do wear the second set and like the attention. To those of you, I say well done, that is great, more power to you:)

My point is your reason for wearing heels in the first place (enjoying the feel vs being seen wearing the style) will determine the kind of heel you wear. Again, for me, it's all about the feel, less about the look, and actually, the more descete the better.

Scotty

The feel comes first, but I can't help but want to wear what in my eyes looks good.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Hallo, nice way of explaining your feelings Sscotty and thanks for the pictures. This forum we had to respect eachother in the way somebody want there heels, flats, wedges, stilettos or plateaus to wear them. The feel of the person is important and how the publick or us react to them comes second. keep on going in your heels and life Adri

Shafted, It sounds like look and feel are equal for you, and that is great. It sounds like the style you wear works for you as my style works for me. In the end, all that matters is that we are happy with ourselves. a3, Thank you very much. Even though ballet boots aren't my thing, it appears as though you mastered them and enjoy them very much. I am very glad you have a style you like and it works for you. Please keep up the great work. Taliheels, As I said, we all have our own styles we wear as well as what we like. For me, what I wear (in public) and what I like looks wise is very different. I can appreciate your dislike for the first ones, as I said, I don't find them appealing look wise, but they serve the purpose for wearing heels in public for me. Truth be told, I think you and I share the same likes for styles we like to see. Scotty

I wear flat heeled thigh boots at home because I like to wear thigh boots but I don’t do much heel wearing around the neighborhood, but when I go out I tend to switch into thigh boots with 4-5” stiletto heels because I enjoy the look. I think when you are out in public it should be about the look. Although I’m not in the camp of wearing uncomfortable stuff just because it looks good. I find 4-5” heels easy to walk in and comfortable.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I wear flat heeled thigh boots at home because I like to wear thigh boots but I don’t do much heel wearing around the neighborhood, but when I go out I tend to switch into thigh boots with 4-5” stiletto heels because I enjoy the look. I think when you are out in public it should be about the look. Although I’m not in the camp of wearing uncomfortable stuff just because it looks good. I find 4-5” heels easy to walk in and comfortable.

I concur with TBG. I think for most of us, the look is the predominant reason we chose to wear high heels. I also think it's extremely possible to combine look AND feel. Like TBG, I never exceed five inches while in public as a big concern for me is comfort, expecially for long outings. Some of us prefer the feel, others, the look, there's no reason we all can't co-exist with our own takes on this very special passion we all share.

:D

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

My point is your reason for wearing heels in the first place (enjoying the feel vs being seen wearing the style) will determine the kind of heel you wear. Again, for me, it's all about the feel, less about the look, and actually, the more descete the better.

Scotty

For me it's the opposite, but with a catch.

I'll go for the look of the shoe (usually a boot) all day long UNTIL it's no longer very comfortable.

Thus, I really should say that the look drives my selection of what to consider to buy, but the feel determines whether I buy it or not.

As a result, I don't buy very much!

I guess I should clarify a bit. Of course I am concerned with the look as most of you are. Some of us like more descrete look, others like to "flaunt" it. What I meant by the feel isn't comfort vs uncomfortable, we should all wear shoes/heels that are comfortable. I meant, I enjoy the high heeled feeling more than wearing heels that "look" high. So if I can find a pair of heels that feel high but look descrete, that is what I mostly go for. Others like the high heeled feeling, but want everyone to know they are wearing high heels. Hope that makes more sense. Scotty