Another use for heels

sscotty727

As probably like most of you, I have my cellphone sitting beside me when driving (I use hands free, so don't get on me about that). Anyway, the phone is always sliding around on the seat, etc. Anyway, I found a cool way to make a "phone stand" that us heel enthusiasts can appreciate. I got a pair of 5" US size 4 heels (yeah, didn't know they made them that small either!). Anyway, I put one of the heels in between the seats (works if you have bucket seats vs a bench seat). The phone then slides into the heel:) I took some pics, but since my phone is also my camera, you can't see how the phone goes into the heel, but I am sure you can use your imagination.

Scotty

Posted Image

(another pic so you can see how high the heels actually are).

Posted Image

you mean i can't use my phone while driving...? ;) heh, just kiddin... that's innovative! i used to just drop my phone in a cupholder (blah), but that's neat. just hope that the size 4 bandit ninja lady of the night doesn't see it...!

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

I know that make and model of car, Scotty, have compared the manufacturer's specs with respect to the gear shift housing dimensions, and know for a fact that those are NOT size 4 heels. Except it perhaps Lithuania. Then again, I don't know the conversion factor. Please enlighten me. Come on, Scotty - you wear those pumps, don't you? They're about your size, 11 US, according to the comparative dimensions of the gear shift lever? For that matter, if you were only holding your cell phone, why would you have two heels in the picture??? I'm not going to try and drag anyone out of the high-heeled closet, but I WILL say that if Scotty denies this, I'll trust him. It's a decision I take knowing his own background and support for the many issues I've been through. All I ask is that you be honest with us, knowing that we love you like a brother, man! Nothing more, nothing less. Just friends.

As I said in my rant post, I am a heel enthusist (sp?) but I don't wear obvious women's heels in PUBLIC. I do wear them to drive in. I don't need to hide that I was wearing pumps in the car, I posted the pics in another thread (driving in heels).

That isn't a gear shift, its a 2W-4W drive shift (look closer). The car is actually an automatic.

I assure you, the heels are most definitely a size 4, I can take a closer picture if you don't believe me. Maybe I can find a toy phone or something so I can put it in the heel for effect as well.

The second pump (they do come in pairs) I put on the seat beside me so you could see how high the pumps are (5"). I also confess, when sitting in bumper to bumper traffic, it is nice to have the extra heel to fondle as well;)

Any other questions?

Scotty

Ok Naysayer,

First of all, the heels are a size 4. Here is proof.

Posted Image

Here are two pics of my size 11s next to the 4s

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ok, here is some pics of the phone in the shoe (I used my wife's phone. Mine is an LG-6100, hers is an LG-6000, same size/dimensions, mine has a few more features). You can see how nice it fits. Fortunately, my phone is a speaker phone, so I can actually leave it in the heel and talk. Also, it hold is nice so its easier to see the display and buttons, etc.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That is one nice phone holder! Wonder if I could get away with having one on my desk at work? ;) Dr1819: Scotty did indeed post some pics in another thread of the five inch stiletto courts he wears in the car while driving, including some of him wearing them. Chris

There is a store around here that actually sells high heel cellphone holders. One of my coworkers has one on her desk.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Actually it was a single shoe stiletto open toe mule that was cheaply built in miniature just for the purpose.(leather sole and fabric upper) I'll have to snap a picture of it with my cellphone when I get back to work and post it here.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

• 3 weeks later...

As promised, my coworker's cell phone holder.

Posted Image

Sscotty727:-) Now that certainly is a different use for high heels. It seems to work well for you. Mother invention, eh! I like the real shoe much better than the holder made to hold the phone in the shape of a pair of heels, although you have a place for the charger cord to come through on them. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Dawn, Actually, there is a bit of a gap at the bottom where the charger plugs in, so it works with that too;) Another "benefit" is since the phone has a speaker phone built in, the heel kinda adds to the echo to make it easier to hear. Who says heels are bad for ya?:D Scotty

Sscotty727:-) Your heeled shoe sounds like it is filling the bill of a great phone holder for you in every way. Naturally the heel cup would act like an ampliphyer, (SP), to increase the projection of your voice speaker. Another benefit. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!