Shoe Therapy

utahnylon

Ok, so I'm at the mall today. Walked by an Aldo shoe store and walked into browse. I found these boots that I could not live without.

To Die For Search for lazarina.

One interesting note. When I just looked them up by searching on the name "lazarina" the price shows up at 139. When I manually navigated the site looking for boots the price was 109.

They only went up to a size 9... ;) But they to have them up to 11 on the internet. Needless to say... they are on order.

I get so compulsive when it comes to shoes!

I'm totally EXCITED, these will be my first steel heels.

Posted Image

I just ordered two different Aldos boots, size 11, from their website, after first trying on size 10 in the store. They were too tight and the sales person suggested buying online to get the larger size. They've arrived, but one pair was still too small, so I retuned one pair and kept the other. I kept the Majori kneehigh boot, black, back zipper, 4" heel, with a slightly western sole that makes it both stylish and easy to wear out and about.

Posted Image

I must say those are definitely nice looking boots. The contrast of black with a silver looking spiked heel was very intriguing to me. I could certainly go for a pair if they only came in my size. Success to you with those boots!

;)

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Those are great looking boots, I'd wear those in a heartbeat.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I don't mind the steel stiletto heel (I've two pairs myself), but I remain aghast at any shoe which forces one's foot into such an unnatural position that podiatrists will sack half your retirement while painfully and surgically correcting the mistakes you made a decade or two ago with respect to your choice of shoe ergonomics.

dr1819, Pointy toes look like they are crushing the feet, but the current fashion is to have the pointed part of the toe box in front of the toes. The toes are comfortably located in the wider part of the shoe and don't get sqeezed together. This style creates a shoe that is very long compared to the foot. If you look at these shoes, you'll see how unusually long the toe box is. So I don't think there will be many foot injuries from the current pointed toe designs. Bluetango P.S. I have some of these pointy toe shoes. The problem I have is that they are so long, I am always colliding with some object. They require a good deal of attention to obstacles.

Bluetango

So many shoes and only two feet.

I think it's all a matter of personal style and what each person likes and finds pleasing to the eye. At the office on Thursday, I mentioned to a couple of co-workers about a lady I'd seen wearing rounded toe boots and got conflicting opinions. One said they sounded nice, something she'd like to wear while the other made a face and said in so few words that she wouldn't be caught dead in them. As to demographics, the former wasn't much into shoes while the latter was one of the facility's fashion plates. Again, personal style. Speaking for myself, rounded toes leave me cold, but, at the same time, I don't think I'd wear something extremely pointed either. I try to find the middle ground which would provide both style and comfort. But then, that's just me. Opinions, anyone?

HI!

Got my boots today!!! They fit very nicely, size 41. IN this size the heel is nearly 4 and 1/2 inches! :lol: The material is really soft! They came with an extra tip for the heels! I LOVE them!!!! ;)

I must admit to feeling more than a tad envious. In any event, you must post some pics of yourself in those boots! Should be fun!

:D