artiste formerly known as prince

lorriette

im fridays newspapers, (mail & mirror)Oct.15, an article states that he is in need of a hip replacement (he's 47 ) probably due to his regular wearing and dancing in high (5") heels. I've yet to see the same written about a femail singers hip replacement. Whilst accepting his penchant for heeling may not have helped, statements such as that tend to put a downer on peoples attitudes. Anybody on this forum developed hip problems and consider heel wearing the cause?

totter along into history

I think that's just the media again! - Someone at 47 needing a hip replacement - OK somewhat young - but hardly news. - But let's see let's find a story - he wore heels - and a man at that! - Gosh I think I can see a news story forming...... BB (Actually my Mum pretty much wore high heels all the time, and she has a touch of arthritis and low blood pressure – she’s 70 but I guess it was the heels) ;)

While the situation with Prince certainly qualifies as a cautionary tale, I view his situation as being the worst case scenario, the exception rather than the rule for heel wearers. After all, we are talking about a guy who probably wore heels seven days a week, fifty-two weeks a year for more than two decades. Throw in all the years of performing and whatnot and voila! A ready made prescription for joint trouble. I don't think his situation applies to us. I view us as being recreational heel wearers, spending perhaps a few hours a day, a few days a week in heels. Some of us may have only been at it for a scant few years or so, and even then, maybe for brief periods. Again, nowhere close to Prince. Still, like I said, this could well be a cautionary tale, something to make us think about how much time we spend in heels, that we should be careful about what we do and how we do it. Food for thought.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Wear and tare from the line of work he did. Nothing more nothing less, properly from all those splits he did on the stage in five in heels!!

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!