High Heel flexing

Trolldeg

I know this subject has been brought up before, but I found some pictures on different sites that really show the poor quality of the heels, bending under the shoe with each step. On celinas-heels.com there's also a video clip showing the shoes, and how bad the quality is. There's one on archenemys.com too, btw.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image looks like the heel is about to snap here.

Very high heels are designed to flex otherwise it would be virtually impossible to walk. This does not neccessarily mean they're poor quality though taking other factors into account, they could be.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I like the looks and style of those very high heels. Especially the pumps from ArchEnemy. Members that have related their experiences with ArchEnemy have really turned me off on considering buying a pair. Has anyone here purchased a pair of their shoes recently? I believe we all would like to know about the customer service, quality of shoes, etc.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Very high heels are designed to flex otherwise it would be virtually impossible to walk. This does not neccessarily mean they're poor quality though taking other factors into account, they could be.

I doubt they should be able to flex as much as they do in the video at Celinas site.

or look at this shot:

Posted Image

The truth is steel has a rather high elestic modulus for a metal. It is capable of flexing alot without forming stress fractures and returning to it's original shape. As the heels get longer the apparent flex will be greater. Other metals such as titianium, although very hard and unyielding is also very brittle, not something you would want under foot. The other thing to consider is do the models even know how to walk properly in such high heels. A great deel of force should not be put on the heel until the ball of the foot is also in contact with the ground.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I have a pair of white calf-boots with 4.5" steel tipped compound stiletto heels - and they bend like crazy on hard floors. One of our local shopping malls has marble floor tiles and when I walk on those, my heels make a loud "click clack" on the tiles - and I can feel them bend in and then flip out again when I put my foot down and then lift it up. It's kindofa sexy feeling 'cos they're slipping too :wink: !!

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

6IHF (Six Inch Heels Forever) had some threads commenting on quality and fit before many posts were losts after Feb 2005. My only experience with them is that they could not get the sizing right on shoes after two attempts, with foot sketches and detailed measurements. Furthermore, they were very reticent to make exchanges based on bad fitting. Best of luck to you.

• 2 weeks later...