Buying and shipping of Shoes from Payless

barney15c

barney15c wrote:

would imagine that the margins on payless shoes is such that it isnt viable to ship abroad - unless anyone knows different?

While I'm sure that might be part of the reason, I also know that "shipping and customs charges" are usually paid by the buyer....

I wonder why PayLess doesn't arrange to have the fees paid by the buyer upon receipt......as they say here "leck'it on the other end." ;) ))

But, I'm glad you do have a way to get items not shipped outside of the United States. As it seems to work well.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hey Barney. Glad it went well. Bit of a bummer with the customs charge - hopefully that will be sorted. I'll probably order a pair at a time or something to avoid being stung by customs (the limit to import goods tax free is £18 I think). Those boots look good! ;)

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Hey Barney.

Glad it went well. Bit of a bummer with the customs charge - hopefully that will be sorted.

I'll probably order a pair at a time or something to avoid being stung by customs (the limit to import goods tax free is £18 I think).

Those boots look good! ;)

Thanks Heel-D

The lady apologised and i've accepted it was a mistake, I told her to double check when she sends my next lot of boots off.

Customs have said providing I have sufficient evidence I should get a fair wedge back but I will have to take a hit on Parcel Forces charge (£13.50).

The boots are so good i'll accept that!

They are suprisingly well made and are better than some far more expensive shoes I have bought in the past so quality isnt an issue.

I would advise just ordering 1 or 2 pairs to avoid the shock I got, but she has assured me she will ensure that the forms are filled in correctly in the future :lol:

She will send marked as a "gift" so limit is £36 for that.

LMK how you get on if you do order any payless shoes (BTW she said she will order Zappos too if you want!)

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

Barney15c:-) Your new boots look very nice and they seem to be of a better quality than most Payless brand shoes that I have seen. How do you like the fit and feel of them? You seem to be well satisfied with your purchases and I'm sure the extra cost was a mistake and that you will receive a refund for them. Keep us posted on your next buys. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Thank you Dawn ;)

Yes the Ankle boots are particulary nice - there was one more pair that I was going to get of them (A Wine Coloured Tweed Material) but unfortunately my size has sold out (13, I could get away with a 12 but that has gone too). The feel and fit is very good, because of the lower heel 2.5 - 3 in they are very comfortable indeed.

Posted Image

All four pairs are of excellent quality and worth the extra mile it took to get them. I will defanately be using my contact again and have another pair of ankle boots on order.

The customs forms were sent off today to claim as much of the excess back as I can. My contact has apologised profusely and said that it will be made up to me in future orders.

Here is what i have on order at the mo'

Posted Image

I'll let you all know of my other orders as an when I get them.

Cheers,

Barney

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

Barney15c:-) That sure is a good contact that you have. That person is sure good to work with and making it up to you on future orders is one way to keep you happy and keep you as a future customer. BTW:...Your pic didn't come up for some reason. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I like them all! You have great taste in boots.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.