Buying and shipping of Shoes from Payless

barney15c

I have found some really nice ankle boots on payless which are very cheap - the big problem is that they do not ship overseas (Just like Zappos).. I dont really want to go down the route of using a mail forwarding company which gives you a US potal address as I dont think I would use it enough, also Ebay USA although i have bought many pairs of payless shoes before in auctions, i could wait ages for them to come up for auction , if not at all. My only option from what i can see (unless anyone else knows better) is to use something on Ebay where you make a request of what you are looking for on a type of message board and then sellers mail them pointing to either an auction they are running with that item or offer to sell outright. My question is - has anyone had any experience of this and to what level of sucess they had. Also does anyone have any alternative ideas. A while back I was a regular customer of an ebay seller in the states and was able to ask her to source shoes for me and i would pay her a small "finders fee" per pair , unfortunately she has now given up selling and I have no more contacts :wink:

Any advice greatly appreciated!!

Out of interest here are the boots i'm after:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

Maybe one of our US heeling companions on this site will be able to help us by forwarding on any shoes we order to us. For a token fee of course. There are several pairs of shoes I'm after on payless and zappos, and like yourself Barney, I'd prefer to not have to use those mail forwarding services. If all else fails I'll wait until I go to the states in November.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Why doesn't one of you subscribe to the service and then act as an agent for anyone else in Europe that wants to buy a pair from an American supplier that doesn't ship outside of the United States?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Why doesn't one of you subscribe to the service and then act as an agent for anyone else in Europe that wants to buy a pair from an American supplier that doesn't ship outside of the United States?

Not a bad idea... :wink:

Well I tried the "Want it Now" option on ebay and got two replies within 12 hours both offering to sell the 4 pairs of boots as a job lot, also it appears that one of them is prepared to act as an intimediary for me should I wish to purchase any payless shoes in the future (fingers crossed). The selling prices varied quite a bit $151.99 against $105.96 + shipping (which may be quite expensive). So it looks like in my case this is a possible solution. Not a bad result methinks! :wink:

That's a good solution to your problem, barney15c. Especially if you just want to confine your purchases to shoes. A mail forwarding facility would be handy for making any other purchases you might happen to want to make, though.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Agreed Bubba. Its a good idea, I have not dismissed the suggestion and will look into it in the near future. Heel D if you are thinking of buying some payless shoes or indeed any other forum member but live outside the US , this may be a viable way of doing it. I could give you the mail addy my new contact if you are interested HeelD, assuming of course that she was willing to do the same as she did for me.

Yes, I'd be very interested barney! Something for my next pay day! :wink:

My address is heel-d*at*hotmail.co.uk. It is also in my profile.

Thanks.

HeelD - I have mailed the lady in question to see if she will agree for me to give out her email address to you. Once I have confirmation I will mail you privately.

Heel-D Did you write to the lady that I am dealing with regarding the Payless shoes? I "won" my auction and she will send them on when they arrive from payless and I have paid her. Lookimng forward to getting them! Cheers, Lee :wink:

Lee, I haven't as of yet. I'm unfortunately a bit low on cash until pay day and I'm going to be hopefully booking a flight for me and my girlfriend to NY this week (for November). Plus I have car servicing and insurance to purchase this month and into October, so I should lay off the shoe buying until later on next month or when I go to NY (I will go to Payless there). Let me know how it goes because I will definitely be using her if she is good in the near future. There's a pair of shoes on Zappos I'm after. :wink: Cheers.

Isn't it terrible when life's little necessities -- like rent, food, automobile insurance, etc -- eat into the budget and prevent a person from buying high heels? :wink:

Heel-D have emailed you.

Paid for boots last night - so will be posted today and shall have them within the next 7-10 days, cant wait.

Have already asked my contact to ordered another two pairs of payless boots as I found some more I liked.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Barney. Yes, thanks for the e-mail. These are a few of the shoes from Payless I'm interested in:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And I'm also interested in these boots:

Posted Image

Hope it all goes well. I'll send her an e-mail probably in the next few days, it's free shipping on 3 or more pairs until 23rd September, so it might be worth getting some now (might not be going to New York until next year now!). We'll see.

What do you want to bet he does, unless the manager forbids it.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I declined the job offer, despite the flexibility of being able to go pretty much anywhere in the USA once I'm done here in Georgia. I picked up a job in a leadership role at a popular southeast restaurant though, and I think that will ultimately open more doors for me. Sorry to disappoint, but I will be a regular customer there until other shops take their sizes to the next level

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

If he did (is allowed to) wear heels on the job, I bet he would be able to tell some interesting stories after just a few days on the job. :wink:

My payless boots have arrived!

Well worth the wait and much better than I thought.

Very good value for money even with the extra costs involved

Still another 2 pairs to come, will post pics when they arrive.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Very nice boots Barney. I had looked at those on Payless' website as well. If the heels were higher I order a pair, or two, or three.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Thanks for the pics, barney. I'm glad to hear the extra manuvering worked to your advantage and allowed you to get the shoes you wanted. Hope the system continues to work well for you. (I really don't understand why PayLess doesn't ship outside of the United States?)

Thanks for your comments Bubba and Shafted.

The boots are very well made considering their price - around $25 - $30 each plus shipping and a "finders fee" for the lady who is sourcing and redistributing them for me. They probably work out a £1 per $1 when you factor that in, but I havent found that type of design in the size I require is not available in the UK, so it is worth it to me.

The only problem I had was a big customs bill which I have to resolve (the customs form was filled in incorrectly - instead of sayng that 4 pairs of boots were $15 each (I asked that my buyer underdeclare value and send as gift to keep customs fees down), the form stated 4 pairs at $60 each!! Then for some reason she repeated the order so it effectively made 8 x $60 = $480!!!). I have spoken to customs in the UK and I should be able to recover most of it back as I had paid through Paypal and through an Ebay auction, so all I have to do is send copies of those through with the customs docs on the parcels and I should get a cheque back in due course.

I'm glad I got them when i did as all my sizes have sold out (but Payless slashed most of the boots down by half price too ;) )

I would imagine that the margins on payless shoes is such that it isnt viable to ship abroad - unless anyone knows different?

More pictures of my other payless shoes ordered - in due course.

Thanks for the pics, barney. I'm glad to hear the extra manuvering worked to your advantage and allowed you to get the shoes you wanted. Hope the system continues to work well for you.

(I really don't understand why PayLess doesn't ship outside of the United States?)