My Brighton (UK) Street Heeling Experience

HeelD

Well, as I mentioned in the Lunchtime Shopping thread, I went to Brighton, UK with my girlfriend on Saturday. It was a beautiful day for driving along the coast.

During the day, I wore my Pr!vo by Clarks Petra Slings with grey jeans and white Abercrombie & Fitch T-Shirt. No-one noticed what I was wearing (as I suspected) even in the Clarks store and even in the D2 store where I bought some Dunlop Flash trainers (for £20!:lol:) the sales guy or teenagers didn't take a double glance at my shoes. They were comfortable but after walking in them for a few hours your toes begin to feel squashed, but that's probably because I still need time to learn how to walk properly in heels i.e. leaning back properly. I did some shoe trying on in Primark and George (as mentioned in the other thread) but didn't buy anything - saw stuff I fancied though.

In the evening, me and girlfriend decided to have a drink and look for a drag queen/cabaret act bar in the gay and lesbian district (my girlfriend loves drag queens and that scene). I got changed into my light blue bootcut jeans and wore these heels by Kit which I bought last week (from Additions Direct for £15.50) -

Posted Image

Very comfortable heels, non-leather, black mary-jane type shoes (a lot darker than the photo) with a 3 inch heel. Easy to walk in. Spent about an hour of the evening wondering around Brighton looking for drag/cabaret bar or the gay strip, and I recall only 2 people noticed my shoes. They were women with their husbands/partners sitting outside in restaurants in the Lanes area of the city. They were probably wondering how I was walking around in them TBH. We found the gay/lesbian area in the end and found a nice quiet restaurant/bar called (no name). We decided to go in as we were tired and thirsty. We had a drink and it was great because the service was brilliant (the waitress who served us was very friendly). Also no-one made a fuss or thought I look weird because of my shoes. We had 2 couples sat near us and I don't think they bat an eyelid. We will definitely be going there again for a meal when we're next in the area. After a couple of soft drinks we walked back to the car. We found out where we can go to to see drag/cabaret acts on the way back, so we know where to go next time we visit. By the end of the evening I couldn't wait to get out of my shoes and into my trainers as we were some distance from the car and my feet were tired. It's going to take me a while to get used to walking high heels for a long distances.

Throughout, the whole evening I was petrified while at the same time loving every minute of it. My girlfriend was brilliant at making feel at ease, and told me I have every right to wear those shoes (and others) as women do! I loved every minute I was wearing these shoes! I can't wait to do this again! :oops:

So, all in all a great street heeling experience. One I thought I'd share with you. :wink:

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Thanks for sharing, Heel-D. Sounds like you two had a wonderful evening, and it's great the way she supports you wearing high heels.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Thats fantastic that your girlfriend supports you in your public street heeling while she is with you. Good for you and I like that second pair of heels too.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Heel_D:-) It sounds like both you and your G/F had a wonderful evening. It's great that she supports you in your street-heeling. She sounds like a keeper. You may find walking in the second pair of shoes much different than walking in the first pair of shoes because of the heel height. You will get used to this over a period of time. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Thanks for the replies (sorry for the belated response!). She is great. Very open minded to this sort of thing. Love her to bits. kneehighs - yeah they are very nice heels, aren't they? Immediately caught my eye when browsing the autumn Additions Direct catalogue. Soon as I saw them I knew I had to get them. A good price too methinks. There's a great selection of heels, boots etc this autumn. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Just to add, here's a couple more pictures of me actually wearing them:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I wasn't wearing those jeans pictured. The jeans I wore were lighter than those and probably a touch longer.

Just thought I'd share these. I think they're a great pair of heels! :wink:

D, you're fortunate to have a g/f who supports your heeling, especially on out on the street. All other things considered, you might have a keeper there! The M/Js look quite comfortable for extended wear. A classic look.

"It's just a flesh wound"

Heels with jeans just seem to always work so well together, especially for us guys.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Heel-D:-) Those MJ's look very comfortable on you and they seem to fit you well. The lower heel means that you should be able to wear them for an extended time without any problems. Cudos! Wear them well, my friend and enjoy. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 2 weeks later...