Feeling better going heeling in public

dalecep

Thank you everyone for the nice stories who gave me encouragemnt to heel in public. Since my two good experiences with my hair stylist's acceptance I got bravor. Here are some of my new stories. My first attempt was to set out for Best Buy to buy a radar detector. I got to the store and headed in. My thigh high Jean Gaborit blade heels sounded fine on carpet, when I walked on the tile I felt a little parinoid but that wore off. Everyone went about their business. I purchased my radar detector and exited the store. I then went to a gas station, no one noticed either. I then headed back to town and went to a discount store. I picked up some razor blades, shaving cream and toenail polish. I made it through that store with no problems that I could see. My last stop was an adult novelty store. All this time I wore blue jeans over the 4" blade heels. I was greeted in the store by a younger girl who said if I have any questions dont be afraid to ask. I broused around and noticed they sell the whole line of Ellie shoes and boots. I just kept this thought for another time. I put my items on the counter she noticed that my earlobes were stretched to 7/8" in diameter and I have 3/8" holes in my nostrils with plastic plugs in them. She asked me about the nose plugs if the procedure was painfull. I told her I like to be out of the norm, she said theres nothing wrong with that. We each told other to have a good evening. And I headed home thinking about the next visit to ask about ordering boots. Enough said for now. Take care

If that store really sells a full line of Ellie boots and shoes, and if I were going to order a pair, I would really try them on before I bought them -- if they had a pair in my size. I have three pair of Ellie shoes and find them to run about ½ size small.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Dalecep:-) Congrats to you as you begin your street-heeling. The more you do it the easier and more confident you become. And then you begin to get more enjoyment out of it as you become more used to doing it. Enjoy! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

If that store really sells a full line of Ellie boots and shoes, and if I were going to order a pair, I would really try them on before I bought them -- if they had a pair in my size. I have three pair of Ellie shoes and find them to run about ½ size small.

Interesting, i bought a pair of Ellie's thighhighs yesterday, which where a size 14, though i normally wear a size 11. No platform, but the heel was not wobly at all.

(It is the pvc see-through model, which is obsolete now i think)

For some reason the sizes i wear are all over the place, even from the same manufacturer, the size can go up and down 1.

I think if it comes down to Ellie's and Pleasers shoes, you always gotta try them on, but then, you really gotta try every shoe on before you buy one.

My username changes every now and then on here. God knows why.

Keep it up, dalecep. You are just beginning to have the time of your life, enjoy.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

dalecep, you shouldn't have any problem wearing heels in public at all. With plugs in your nose and stretched earlobes, who the hell is going to notice your high heels, anyway? :wink:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

dalecep, you shouldn't have any problem wearing heels in public at all. With plugs in your nose and stretched earlobes, who the hell is going to notice your high heels, anyway? :wink:

Or if they do, who's going to care, as they're saying the same thing - you choose to be different.

Good work by you, dalecep! You set out and did what you wanted, you went and wore heels in public. The first time out is always the hardest, but the more you do it, the easier it gets. Anyone here can tell you the same thing. Hope you get to go out more in the future! :wink:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!