Chinese slippers

Whoever is responsible for getting these things in style should be arrested by police and locked away for a very long time. You know those plastic chinese slippers with the mesh toes? You can buy like 10 for $5? I hate those things with a passion. I don't personally like flip-flops either. I have only 1 pair that i wear if I am going to the beach. But i can tolerate other women wearing flip-flops as long as it goes with the outfit. But...those chinese slippers get me mad whenever I see them.

Welcome abaord, jessica01! Can't say I've seen those plastic chinese slippers, but they sound horrid. As for flip-flop, I've seen too many women wearing them when they just shouldn't. Example: There is a teller at my bank who is very attractive and dresses well except for cheap rubber flip-flops. If only she was able to see herself in a pair of heels, or even in a real low heeled shoe.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Hey, did you people realize that if no one wore flip flops, Jimmy Buffett wouldn't have been so popular....He never could have "blew out his flip flop" by stepping on a pop-top in Margarettaville. Then, where would we be? :wink:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Welcome abaord, jessica01! Can't say I've seen those plastic chinese slippers, but they sound horrid. As for flip-flop, I've seen too many women wearing them when they just shouldn't. Example: There is a teller at my bank who is very attractive and dresses well except for cheap rubber flip-flops. If only she was able to see herself in a pair of heels, or even in a real low heeled shoe.

Thanks for the welcome...

here is a pic of those slippers if you wanted to know...

http://store.yahoo.com/funstorecom/shoe.html

Ive seen flipflops worn in inappropriate places as well. I find it irritating too.

Jessica01:-) Welcome to the HH Place Forum. Those chinese slippers are bad enough in the bedroom and much less out on the street. Not only are they fugly, but pug-ugly fugly. YUCK!!! And flip-flops aren't much better. EUWW!!! That's all I have seen being worn at the Science Center where I work on adult women down to the smallest girls. And yesterday I even saw some men wearing them. Not a decent shoe in the bunch. Maybe when Fall comes I'll be able to see more heels and boots. I can't wait. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Ahh, I was unsure, since the topic at hand was the equally tacky chinese slippers. While I would probably applaud or at least appreciate a man who had the bravado to wear the chinese slippers in public, I wouldn't do it myself

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

I thought these 'chinese slippers' had passed us by on this side of the Pond but once you'd mentioned it I immediately noticed a pair a couple of days ago and agree they are indeed rather nasty. However the ethnic, more 'Indian style' crocheted (loose mesh) closed ballerina-type pumps are rather popular here with lots of street stalls selling them though they all looked like small sizes at a quick inspection so not looked more closely. Certainly not as bad as the chinese slippers and I've also seen the idea with a small wedge too. I think the word describing this current fashion is BOHO, though I'm yet to understand quite what it is supposed to mean (bohemian I assume). Lots of references to a celeb called Siena something who I've never heard of ~ time to get my head out the sand I guess :wink: :sleeping:

/I

• 1 month later...

Yep agreed the chinese slipper things are vile. Infact i refuse flatly to stock them. The Indian style arn't so bad. I have seen many styles that look really nice. I think the worst style of shoe above all has to be those see through plastic "jelly" things, you know the ones you can get on stalls at seaside resorts. *yick*

You mean like these? I understand why you wouldn't want to sell them because class establishments wouldn't ever stoop that low. The bigger question that I would like to know the answer to is why would any normal thinking shop owner ever want to sell something so ugly?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

People will buy anything. One of my nephews owns a chicken farm. Faced with the problem of disposing of massive quantities chicken dew, he got the bright idea of bagging it in 40 Lb bags and selling it for garden fertilizer under the label "Cock-a-doodle-dooooooo"! And, can't keep up with the demand (or the chickens can't ;) ).

Yes they've been around for years here. There is only one person who looked ok in them and that was a black lady called Sharon . Normally she looks dead sexy but she looked ok when she was wearing these! ;) Women go down about three notches on the "sexy-o-meter" when they wear crap footwear.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

There comes a time in every person's life when they place comfort over style. Usually, thank everyone, when they are at home and in private. Now, spending a full 12 hours in "uncomfortable" shoes -- sometimes with very" high" heels -- relief is sought earned and, in most cases, well earned. So, even though chinese slippers are hideous and as extremely unpleasant to the eye as they are, they do serve a useful purpose. (I don't wear them. But, my wife likes to "kick around" in slippers similar to them)

I thought these 'chinese slippers' had passed us by on this side of the Pond but once you'd mentioned it I immediately noticed a pair a couple of days ago and agree they are indeed rather nasty.

However the ethnic, more 'Indian style' crocheted (loose mesh) closed ballerina-type pumps are rather popular here with lots of street stalls selling them though they all looked like small sizes at a quick inspection so not looked more closely. Certainly not as bad as the chinese slippers and I've also seen the idea with a small wedge too.

I think the word describing this current fashion is BOHO, though I'm yet to understand quite what it is supposed to mean (bohemian I assume).

Lots of references to a celeb called Siena something who I've never heard of ~ time to get my head out the sand I guess ;) :sleeping:

Sienna Miller, the Boho Queen and Fiancee to Jude Law.

On Ebay you tend to see Sienna/Kate, referring to Kate Moss.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Posted Image

After wearing a pair of these (yeah, actually found the m in a 12!), I'll say this much...

Blah. Not the most stylish thing in the world at all. The little mesh in the front makes it comfy while not hot - I'd like to see that incorporated on to a heel somehow (minus the flowery decor of course). The fact that they're rubber and flat makes them hell on your back from lack of proper support - I think my 5" heels that I had several moons ago gave me better support than those slippers do. In all, I'd say that at best, they're not bad for around the home, and flat-out horrible for outerwear.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

If someone wants to wear them at home, that's their business. But I dont think they are appropriate for outdoor wear. They ruin any outfit. And in my opinion, it makes the wearer look cheap. If comfort is the issue, there are so many stylish shoes out there that are comfortable and can make you look good and sexy. These chinese slippers are the lowest of the low in my opinion.

My opinion, a kitten heels can't save that hideous design. How about a real high heel?

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Sscotty727:-)

It had to be. I wonder if that heel will grow in the future. Can you see them with a 5" heel?

Cheers---

Dawn HH

The trend on these slippers is starting to fade. So now they are being forced to start throwing a heel on it to make it look better.

Put a good heel on it, get rid of the floral design on the front, and make a few other little changes and it might almost be somewhat acceptable.

Kind of like what they did to flip-flops to make them more fashionable.