my first street reaction

kneehighs

Friday night was an interesting night here in NYC. I wore my black bandolino pointy toe pumps to Quo. Quo was celebrating their first anniversary. Its a trendy nightclub. No problems at the door. My name was on the guest list, so I got in free and was granted VIP access also. Free drinks were also thrown in for an hour. I talked with three girls while at the club. First was a girl who approached me. I really wasn't into her, but we had a cool rapport so I hung out for awhile. About 30 minutes later, I saw her in the hallway approaching the VIP section. I asked if she had been back there yet and she said no. Then she said, "lets go check it out." As soon as we get back there, a crossdresser is the first thing that we see. He is wearing a sequing dress with glitter, only one shoulder is draped, and he is wearing knee high boots. Then this girl says, "now they have drag queens here." "Im doing something similar right now, right in front of your very eyes." "What is it? Something psychological?" "no" "something emotional?" "no, its something right in front of you. Can you guess what it is?" "I don't know." "Okay, so I have a black tshirt...and what else am I wearing?" "I dont know" (not very bright) "These!" and I point to my pointy pumps. Of course, I get the usual reaction and the first thing she asks is "Why?" "You know how when you shoe shop, you have an entire corner of the whole department store to choose from? Well you women have all the fun and men have very limited selection." After talking with her for about five minutes, her friend came back to the VIP room and said she had not found their other friend out in the dance room yet. So this girl had to leave, but I surmise she lost interest in me after this. Then I talke to another girl from Brooklyn. She was cool and I didn't mention my pumps, she had no reason to notice them. The last girl I talked to on my way out the back door. She was standing with her left foot in her pump and her right foot in her hand. I said, "your shoes must really be killing you?" "Yeah, you are right." "I understand" "actually, you really don't understand." "Yes I do, " then I showed her my black pump. Of course the first thing she asked was why? Then I had to go through my canned speech again. She was very accepting of it. We went and sat down close to each other on a nearby bench. She told me she thought I was very cute. But then I asked her if she would be seen with me in public while I was wearing heels. "To tell you the truth, I'd have a hard time with it. I'm not so sure my friends would think that was cool." "I totally understand. When socitey is not used to seeing something, they want to stare." At that very minute in time, her friend Jen came up to us. She asked me if she could tell her friend Jen about my pumps. "Sure," I said. Jen loved them. She was really into the shoes and I think she was into me a little bit too. But Jen was wearing flats. The other girl said, "look how confident he is. He doesn't care what other people think about his heels." No big deal not caring really if you ask me. Shoes are just background experience to the greater spectrum of reality we call life. This other girl said she might have a hard time telling her friends that her boyfriend wears heels. However, she did accept that a man could wear heels if they were just friends. She made it clear that she would support me as a "friend". I am not pursuing this girl, but I gather that over time, she'd accept a man in heels in public. Then after I had left and was walking down 28th street, a car drove by and an african american gentlemen stuck his head out of the sun roof and asked me, "Whats wrong with your shoes? Why are you walking like that?" I said, "Why not?"I felt very calm too. Very poised and cool like a cucumber. No big deal really. He said, "Okay" and sat back down and drove off. Overall, an interesting night. I think I can pull off pumps at any nightclub in NYC. As could any of you other guys. At first, i tried to keep track of the girls that were in black pumps. After about an hour, there were more women than i could remember. Wow, the scenary was great.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Sounds like a most interesting outing you had, kneehighs. I'm sure you must've found it refreshing to get honest opinions from women, some of whom said they weren't sure they were comfortable with being with a man who wore high heels. Better honesty than some made up stuff just to make you feel good. It's always better to get the unvarnished truth. And you got to explain your passion to those girls as well in order to bring about a sense of understanding. Nevertheless, that was a great adventure you had! :wink:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

kneehighs, On the rare occasions some one asks me "Why?", I usually say because womens medium width fits, mens medium width does not. I have a mens 9C foot, almost impossble to fit with a mens shoe. As the saying goes "If the shoe fits, wear it."

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

kneehighs,

On the rare occasions some one asks me "Why?", I usually say because womens medium width fits, mens medium width does not. I have a mens 9C foot, almost impossble to fit with a mens shoe. As the saying goes "If the shoe fits, wear it."

I keep things simple. When someone asks me "Why?", I say: "Because I like to." Why waste time and breath dreaming up excuses or spouting explanations when the truth is a whole lot easier?

:wink:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I keep things simple. When someone asks me "Why?", I say: "Because I like to." Why waste time and breath dreaming up excuses or spouting explanations when the truth is a whole lot easier?

:wink:

You're absolutely right, Jeff! I use it as my excuse, because it is true.

Truth is I could find a 101 reasons for wearing them, but only 1 reason not to, FEAR.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Interesting night, knee-highs. I find that nightclubs and bars are the most accepting environments, provided you can get past the bouncers... Most of them do look for what the management may feel is inappropriate attire, and I've been denied entry a couple of times after they've glanced at my heeled shoes or boots, as conservative as they are.