Almost but not quite...

kneehighs

I never really started street heeling until late 2001 when I discovered the Dephi Forum before hhplace was invented. One fanstasy I've always had since I first started street heeling was to go out on a date with a woman in heels.

I never had the courage to do it. And now its too late because I am in an exclusive relationship. However, in Feb I took a vacation to Buenos Aires and met up with about 30 people at a small party--some of which were from New York City. I met a pretty brunette from NYC there and we managed to stay in touch.

Fast Forward to last weekend.

Last weekend I went to a dance club called Quo on 28th and 11th. I wore my black pointy toe pumps all day--from Starbucks on 9th and 2d to Barnes and Noble on 22d. It's very liberating to say the least. The feeling of being true to myself and just doing it is amazing. I wish I could say I'd always wear heels and never look back, but alas, my girlfriend doesn't support my public street heeling when she is with me.

Which creates kind of a quandry for me.

For instance, last night I met a really cute girl in a black lacey camisole, distressed designer jeans, and pointy brown pumps with a brown flower on them. She had beautiful shiny straight hair, beautiful complexion that was smooth as they come, and was 5'9" tall.

We talked about the clothes we had on. She looked right at the points of my shoes and asked if they were Italian. I said they were Bandolino's and she said, "yeah, they are." LOL http://www.bandolino.com

Anyway, later we got to talking about things that would surely turn her off. And I said, "There is something about me that would turn you off immediately." She said, "what, you???"lol,

"no something you are looking at."

"what is it?"

"a trait of yours?"

"no, it's something material."

"why can't you just tell me?"

"because that's part of the fun....it's my shoes!"

"what about them"

"they are womens"

"why do you wear women's shoes?"

"because when you go shopping and see all the different shoe selections, the different choices are for women and WHY SHOULD WOMEN HAVE ALL THE FUN?"

"I understand that" in a very sober (she was sober) and serious tone of voice, "you guys don't have much choice."

"are all your shoes womens?"

"all but sneakers...but there is a time and a place for each outfit. So I match the shoes with the outift. At work I'll wear flat loafers that aren't perceptibly womens. At night, when I go out, I'll wear pointies for a sleeker effect."

she nodded her head yes....

So she looked at them again, and told me that she had already noticed my shoes before we even talked about them. She thought they were avant garde. After this though, she still gave me her cell number, I called when i left the club to leave a message, and she text messaged back saying it was a pleasure meeting each other and she looks forward to talking soon. Out of respect to my girlfriend that I live with, I had to delete even the text message.

Damn! Now, she would support public heeling, within reason! I know it because I alread experienced it. This is how me met. I know I can repeat this experience too. Problem is that I have a girlfriend though who I am very serious with.

now fast forward again to this Saturday night

I managed to keep in touch with that woman I met in Buenos Aires at the party and we made plans to meet each other in the East Village--alone. No one else was with us. None of her friends. No one. So it was about as close to a real date as I could get.

And then the debate came. Should I wear my pointy toe stiletto pumps without socks and my seven jeans? Or should wear my high heeled Franco Sarto loafers as an addition to my form fitting black long sleeved top with waffle textured surface? Or just wear mens shoes altogether?

At the last minute I decided to wear my high heeled Franco Sarto loafers.

Posted Image versus my standard Nine West black pointy toe pumps. I can pull these Franco Sarto Nolans off in just about any situation without any problem. So I decided to wear these to out little outing.

I went into the lounge and sat at the bar and ordered my first tequila sunrise. Then about three minutes later my female friend comes walking in the door. We hug, kiss each other on the cheek, and she sits down with me.

After we finsihed out first drink, we realized we were sitting right next to the speakers, so we moved from one end of the bar to the other. A perfect chance for her to see my shoes. Nothing.

After we finished our second drink, we decided to go to a wine bar to get some wine and cheese. So we walked a few blocks down the road. Another perfect time for her to see my shoes. Nothing.

Then we sat and talked for a couple of hours while enjoying fine italian wines, fine cheeses from around the world, and of course, I was really relishing my time in my heels. Naturally I steered the conversation to Fashion and fashion choices.

But I never brought up that I was wearing womens' heels at the moment. I don't think it would have mattered either. I felt I wanted to let her discover my shoes for herself.

I don't really know if she did or not. The entire evening did however help me fulfill part of my fantasy of going out with a woman for a night on the town while in heels. I didn't get to wear my pointys like I really wanted too...but that will come during my short excursion to Amsterdam where I already have plans to meet some local woman for a night out.

I would absolutely love to go out on dates and wear my pointies. If I was really serious with the woman, I'd probably tell her about my shoes on the first date too. Woman cam have a tendency to reject the entire man based on one small detail--like his shoes and I'd like to know if it was my shoes that caused her to reject me. But either way this evening was a success.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Kneehighs:-) If you feel that the evening was a success, then she didn't reject you. I'm sure she noticed what footwear you had on as on the previous meeting, but probably chose not to bring it into the conversation as you had covered that ground before. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

If you, Kneehighs, are still "in the hunt," I think it's time to reevaluate your relationship with the woman you are living with. While there are many aspects of a person's personality that are (should be) more important than her attitude toward your wearing high heels, I don't believe you will ever be "truly" 100% comfortable with her due to the very powerful "wearing woman's high heels" aspect of your desires.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

If you, Kneehighs, are still "in the hunt," I think it's time toreevaluate your relationship with the woman you are living with. While there are many aspects of a person's personality that are (should be) more important than her attitude toward your wearing high heels, I don't believe you will ever be "truly" 100% comfortable with her due to the very powerful "wearing woman's high heels" aspect of your desires.

Oh yeah. We are incredibly compatible. And if you ask me, compatibility should preceed comittment. We are temperamental opposites. I'm extroverted, she's introverted. I'm the thinker, she's the feeler. I'm practical and sensible, she's intuitive and idealistic. It makes for an incredibly interesting bond between us since we are both mature. I get to see the world in a different way than I normally would--every day. It's a constant learning experience too.

Chances are we'll be going down that path of lifetime comittment. If I make it past this "phase" of self doubt regarding the comittment and am still interested in her, then that will be the evidence I need that she is "the one."

But it's still fun to be in public with women (that are just friends) that support street heeling. That is amazing.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, kneehighs. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush... If the one you're living with loves you, that's worth quite a lot, even if there's one thing about you she doesn't like. The fact that she's with you in spite of your heeling says a lot for her committment to you as a person. Hard to beat.