Can tights/pantyhose be sexy?

RubberVicki

Country Cuti, I found the story about your friend showing off her garters and stocking tops quite interesting. I wonder if women showing off their garters and stocking tops is gaining in popularity? Does anyone know? Laurie though has a dilema regarding work. What about a convertible skirt just like those pants with zips that turn into shorts. Daring women could unzip those longer skirts as they walked away from work, and maybe even once again as they neared home. There could be a zip up the sides as well. Maybe it's been done. Any information would be welcome. I thought about women showing off their stocking tops for about a week to see if the idea would grow on me. I'm trying to be more open minded. Guess I'm back to thinking about how nice women look in pantyhose. It's the sleekness that I like and the fact that really short skirts can be worn even to work with them. So do I like to peek I asked myself? Honestly I found my mind drifting to women wearing not pantyhose, but tights. I remember reading a fashion article some years ago predicting that eventually skirts would get so short and then entirely disappear in which case women would only wear tights with short tops. So where is that idea going, anyone know? Is it fading? I was goofing off working today and walking with a friend and dozens of women ran by in running tights. I call that looking good innocently. A lot of people think that tights are sexy but also very practical, the combination which makes them just barely conservative enough to wear in many places. Can tights be worn with high heels. High heel boots especially go with tights to form an amazing combination. Any thoughts from anyone on any of this would be interesting...Ben

• 1 year later...

I like pantyhose too. Not for me to wear (I've tried that and it didn't work , unfortunately), but on Katherine. We went Christmas shopping last Saturday with Kathy driving. I could not get my eyes away from her black tights and Naturalizer Eastern boots. The Naturalizers are black leather and are fairly conservative knee-high dress boots, the sort that never go out of fashion.

Michael

Michael, was Katherine wearing pantyhose or tights, according to my definitions below. With a dress? I suppose when pantyhose gets heavier in weight it often is referred to as tights. But perhaps that is confusing. As I was with your explanation. I'd be interested in hearing more of your thoughts on this fashion statement. (1) Pantyhose...A one-piece undergarment covering the legs from the waist down to the toes and meant to be worn typically under a dress. (2) Tights...A snug stretchable garment covering the legs from the waist down to the ankles or sometimes the toes and meant for wearing as an outerlayer.

Me, I really like to wear pantyhose. The feeling is absolutelty great. I'm very confortable to wear that. But, stockings, I prefer to leave that to my girlfriend. She cannot support the pant on her. She hates that. I really enjoy watching my girlfriend wearing stocking. But on me, I don't have the same feeling. I prefer pantyhose, the DIM brand.

Fashion is a funny thing. What is considered to be acceptable or nice. And when is it acceptable? For what occassion? And in what combination? Take tights. And here we'll talk about women wearing tights, as men wearing tights is sort of a different topic. See my definition below. A popular fashion of today is women wearing tight stretchy pants for street and office wear. Realistically the top portion of stretchy pants are just like tights. They are close fitting to the body. But the leg part of stretch pants is cut with room. Another popular fashion of today is women wearing pantyhose with short skirts for street and office wear. They are close fitting to the legs. There seems to be some resistance for women to wear tights for street and office wear. It is done, but not by many women. Women feel comfortable wearing close fitting garments for the upper leg, and for the lower leg, but not together? Why is this? If wearing tights is sexy, then surely tight pants or pantyhose with short skirts is equally sexy? Wearing calf length boots in winter with tight pants, how is that different than wearing tights with boots? What's the scoop? Any thoughts? And what's your own feeling? And which do you prefer and why? (1) Pantyhose...A one-piece undergarment covering the legs from the waist down to the toes and meant to be worn typically under a dress. (2) Tights...A snug stretchable garment covering the legs from the waist down to the ankles or sometimes the toes and meant for wearing as an outerlayer.

I thought that tights were pantyhose :( But in a word - 'no' pantyhose can never be as sexy as stockings. Especially a long pair of fully fashioned or reinforced heel and toe stockings held up by a deep 6 strap suspender belt with metal clips :( Becks.

So many shoes & boots to buy in so little time!!

Hi Ben,

She was wearing pantyhose (definition 1) under a skirt. I say "tights" and "pantyhose" interchangeably and without really thinking, although sometimes imprecisely. The skirt is one of those wraparound things that have a tendency to fall open when sitting down. This is why I had such a good view when she was driving.

I prefer the entire foot to be stockinged. Stockings confer many advantages. They squeeze the toes together which makes the foot look slim and shapely. They hide corns, scars, and other blemishes. When worn with boots, they also protect the lining from rough or calloused skin. They may even prevent a pair of pumps or sandals from developing a blackened impression in the footbed (that is really disgusting and shows absolutely no class!!!).

Michael, was Katherine wearing pantyhose or tights, according to my definitions below. With a dress? I suppose when pantyhose gets heavier in weight it often is referred to as tights. But perhaps that is confusing. As I was with your explanation. I'd be interested in hearing more of your thoughts on this fashion statement.

(1) Pantyhose...A one-piece undergarment covering the legs from the waist down to the toes and meant to be worn typically under a dress.

(2) Tights...A snug stretchable garment covering the legs from the waist down to the ankles or sometimes the toes and meant for wearing as an outerlayer.

Michael

as the father of two daughters, now grown up and on their own, I always equaited the difference between pantyhose and tights as: Pantyhose, those stocking like things my wife wears that are very sheer and look like stockings. Tights were the things my girls wore over their legs when dressed for cold weather or going to their dancing lessons. The material was opaque, usually white or black, made of thicker materials. Infact, I believe both of the girls still have a few pairs of "tights" remaining in the things they've stored here at the house.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

In the UK tights are pantyhose. At least we all seem to agree on what stockings are. :D Personally I like both stockings and tights. They're both sexy, but given a choice for my wife to wear in the bedroom I'd go for stockings and suspenders. (Don't much like hold-ups.) For myself I prefer to wear tights, they're easier. Plus suspender belts don't stay up too well with no hips to help support them.

Call me peculiar or strange, but I don't care for stockings at all. Seeing stocking tops or exposed skin between the stocking tops and the skirt hem does nothing for me. I prefer the appearance of the legs to be consistent between the skirt hem and the shoes. So when you only wear very short skirts, only pantyhose can provide that look. But for those of you who prerfer stockings, more power to you.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

• 2 months later...

I wear pantyhose, (tights for the UK), 24/7 and to me they look and feel sexy on me. I have tried thigh-high's, (hold-up's for the UK people), but the jury is still out on them as they would make it a lot easier to do my duties, (if you know what I mean), but I haven't tried them enough to make up my mind on them. I don't think I would wear them to work like I do the pantyhose. Some day I must try a garter belt and some hose if I can find some to fit me and if I could attach them in the rear clips without any assistance. I don't bend and flex like I used to. Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Dawn said:

Some day I must try a garter belt and some hose if I can find some to fit me

Gosh, there are so many sites on the internet that sell large size lingerie. Heck, just do a eBay search and I bet it would list at least a dozen sites.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Bubba136:-) Thanks for the suggestion to check out e-bay. I'll have to spend some surfing time there and see what I can find. To this point, I have been shopping through home delivered catalogs and at the mall. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!