Can tights/pantyhose be sexy?

RubberVicki

Tights all the way for me if at all possible. They're easier, and they come in a lot more fun flavors (read: STYLES!) than hose does.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

depends whose wearing them :smile: tights are easier for me unless it's fun time, but on a woman, stocking does it everytime. More fun when you have a garter or suspender belt to play with :smile:

Never been into that. I wear those thick ribbed ones under trousers when it's cold as a practical measure. I don't suppose that counts does it :smile: Occasionally I wear them with shoes/boots that need a thin slip membrane so to speak. I know a lot of people talk about shaved legs with stockings. Sensual I suppose like heels can be at times. I do shave my legs/body sometimes, but it's more to get rid of excess hair and it's easier to keep clean I think. However, I'm prepared to learn more. I never have a closed mind to anything!

Tights can look nice, but I really hate how tights and hose can bunch up, and the fit is difficult for me. I am on the cusp between two sizes because of my height. So the fit is never so happy. I cut the panty part off of some tights, and I fold the top of each leg over so my garter belt can hook onto them. It is just more comfortable. The look of tights can be sexy, yes, especially for the opaque. I would imagine it looks better than the sheer of nylons for than panty section. But this only my experience from looking into the kirror back when I wore those styles. I'm exclusively stockings and garters these days.

I prefer four straps, and the snaps can be plastic or metal, I have no preference there. Why four straps? It's less work in the morning! :smile: it's also the most common style to find in the lingerie stores where I live. I am happy with it. :smile:

no, no corsets. I've never tried one. I do have this idea that in four or five pounds I can show my belly button in public again, so I think I'd like to leave that area uncovered for wearing some slightly small tank top. I'll never be thin and perfect, but then I don't believe in it. :smile: I would not rule out a corset, but purely as a fashion accessory, or something fun to wear. Anything that restricts my breathing, eating, or mobility doesn't thrill me too much.

Fun for one person isn't as exciting for the next. For some reason I am not enthused about the corest idea, so who knows when it will happen. So long as I can breathe and bend and eat wearing it, then I might have fun... we'll see.

• 3 weeks later...

I think sheer black tights or stockings, especially teamed with great shoes or boots, are the sexiest things around. Wow!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Hi, I remember back to my high school days when I was in Grade 8 and it was 1967. Hemlines of skirts had just got really short, but pantyhose or tights for more grown up women it seems had just barely hit the market. I remember one girl wore a garter belt and really short skirt, so you know I saw her garter belt. I thought, this doesn't look right. Poor girl, she probablly doesn't know that tights are available. Sorry for expressing my own personal tast so heavily. Since then I haven't been able to figure out why both men and women are fascinated with garter belts. Such a clutter. I think tights with skirts look sleek on women, good for formal things. Non see through tights worn without skirts look very nice on women, good for all kinds of occasions, very flattering for many women, decent enough in my opinion, and technically make more sense than pants too. That's my vote...Ben

Ben, have you worn tights? I hate them. Stockings and a garter are so much easier and so much more comfortable. If yu have a run in tights, you need to pull them off, which means going somewhere private. Stockings and a garter, just unhook the offending stocking, slide it off, slide on a new one. Easy! My hips need to be free. Tights just make them unhappy. And then there is that line that tights make, running from the belly button downward. Nasty business.

I tend to agree with Ben as far as looks go. As long as the hosierey has a bit of Lycra in the mix, they all FEEL great (stockings, Thi-Hi stay-ups, pantihose, or tights). I am also a fan of fish net [whatever]s. However, from my [ex-]wife's own experience, tights and pantihose tend to promote yeast infections, and do interfere more with necessary bodily functions of whomever is wearing them--stockings don't. On that basis alone, I could see why women, generally, hate the all-in-one garments. (I do remember Patti Palmer [a sewing pattern design guru] once saying that the only time she found [back zipper] catsuits to be inconvenient was when trying to use the "water closet" on most airplanes! But she is probably the exception to the rule.) _________________ Hi-Heeled Boots, Bodysuits, and Back-Zipper Pants R wikkid-kool (on me, or U)! <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: azraelle on 2002-05-30 11:58 ]</font>

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Hi, first I think that the following words mean:

(1) Stockings...A close-fitting, usually knitted covering for the foot and leg where separate coverings are worn for each leg.

(2) Pantyhose...A one-piece undergarment consisting of underpants and stretchable stockings.

(3) Tights...A snug stretchable garment covering the legs from the waist down and meant for wearing as an outerlayer.

I found a good article on stockings, pantyhose and tights which I don't agree with but has good information. http://www.stockingirl.com/stockings.html

Laurie, I think stockings are suitable for longer skirts that are about knee length. But when the wind blows up your skirt, well that just isn't something I like to see. Also I believe that women in the past wore stockings for the looks only. The only purpose was looks. In the temperate climate where I live, I don't see many women wearing stockings or pantyhose in the warmer months. Therefore they are wearing something on their legs to keep warm. And here pantyhose is much warmer than stockings of course.

Many women are now wearing very short skirts. These skirts are just too short in my opinion to be wearing stockings to begin with in public. In summer most women don't wear leg coverings at all and in winter pantyhose is warmer.

Regarding tights. Laurie you say that "you need your hips to be free". But does that mean you don't like wearing shorts, pants, or tights as defined above? I thought most people want to keep their upper body warm and are OK with their legs being colder. So doesn't wearing more around the hips make sense?

Sure I personally wear tights a lot when I bicycle, ski or run. Much more comfortable than pants for this. My only problem is that men don't have a waist to keep the tights from sliding down. As far as the seam running from the belly button, that is a matter of design. I designed and sewed my own tights because of this which don't have any seams in the front at all but rather use four seams in all. That type of design would not work for pantyhose I think. I would have thought that makers of pantyhose and tights would have devised a way of knitting these in one piece by now....Ben

Ben, my hips are a little bigger for my size so tights and pantyhose really fit a bit tight there. That's why my hips need to be free. And why do I feel as if you are trying to tell me how to live? Are you out there every day wearing stockings to know that they are not wonderful? Are you? They work for me, they're easy to wear, and I don't wear skirts that are that short unless I go bare legged. So like, give it up already. It's nice you feel the way you do, but stop debating everything to death. I explained why I like stockings and I am not going to change now. Please do not try to find flaws in it unless you've worn them most days for two years. Okay? I'm in a bad mood right now, not meaning to take it out on you, but, hey things happen.

• 3 weeks later...

I wear both stockings and pantyhose. I usually wear pantyhose unless I want to feel really sexy. Pantyhose are easier to put on and I don't have to worry how high my skirt/dress is riding up. They are also cheaper and come in more shades. I know if I get a run stockings are easier to change, even at my desk, and I only need one.But I still usually wear PH. I buy them over the internet in bulk - cheap.

JustMySize brand, or possibly AroundTheClock works well for the larger people here, not as many colors available as L'EGGS though. :smile:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

I also love Just My Size - not for their slimming -but because they stay up all day without tugging at them. I get a much better selection over the internet and buy mine for under $2 a pair. I either get regular panty, nude toe or sheer to waist in either brown, taupe, suntan.

• 3 months later...

I went out friday nite with a girlfriend who wore black stockings with garters and a short skirt with a slit. You could see her garters even when she was standing. You can imagine when we were sitting. I had on pantyhose and a skirt - but all eyes were on her when we entered and left every place we went. I was kinda embarrased. I don't want to ask her not to do this again, because I don't want her to think I was upset that she got all the attention.

The garter and stocking combination is quite powerful. Even if men can suspect a woman is wearing them, attention is shifted to her. Seeing a glimpse is a real tease, and a good view, well, that would be mind blowing! I do have the problem of showing my stocking tops when sitting at work. It is not something I wish to do, but it happens every now and then. Sometimes, I think that it might be a bit exciting to show a glimpse, of course. So I am torn between keeping covered up and showing a bit of lace. But then, there's only one person I can feel comfortable with seeing the glimpses, or even with knowing that he is curious about what is under the skirt, so to speak. :smile: