Italian Heels sizing question

heelium

Hi There I was wondering if any of you guys had bought shoes from 'Italian heels' before, I really like the Mafalda style and am itching to place my order but I have a couple of questions in the hope that someone here could answer them.? I downloaded their size comparison chart and drew around my feet, having verified that I had printed the chart exactly correct the results were ,Left foot size 43, Right foot size 41 1/2. I scanned the prints and emailed them to Italain heels who suggested that size 43 should be the correct size. I would rush to buy them now, but for the the fact that 'NEXT' shoes sized 43 mostly run small on me,but I find Barratts sized UK10's (EU 44 1/2) are perfect. Has anybody found that IH shoes are a particularily generous fit, or do I go buy my gut instinct and order the EU44's.? I prefer my shoes to be a snug fit, rather than slopping off of my feet. Is the quality of IH shoes as good as they look on the web? Many thanks for your help Heelium

Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new.

I have a pair in a size 45. They fit perfectly on both feet. My left foot is slightly bigger than my right.

But....would you normally take a sz 45 anyway,how do IH shoes compare size-wise with other brands sizings-small,large,or spot-on?.

Did you do their downloadable sizing chart?

Heelium :P

Yeah, I'm a 14us women's, 45 european.

Here is the pair I have from them:

Posted Image

I come from the school of wearing hose with my heels. I've never worn these without silky nylons, so that may have an affect on how they fit.

Ladies' 43s are narrower than men's but if Italian Heels have allowed for this then you'll find that the 43s fit fine. Whats the prob? You could always send them back especially if the size is their suggestion!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I have bought 4 pairs from Italian heels. all are size 43 which is my usual size for shoes. I have found the closed toe shoes just the right size. the open toe shoes are a tad too big but with ankle straps and mules it is not too much of a problem. You can check out pics of me wearing them at my website www.geocities.com/wayneheels

You can also order them through the link on my website.

As for quality they look fantastic but I have had a heel come detached. Fortunately it was easy to fix with a more robust screw.

Heel thyself

Over 50 pairs of heels now on my website at www.geocities.com/wayneheels/

I have bought 4 pairs from Italian heels. all are size 43 which is my usual size for shoes. I have found the closed toe shoes just the right size. the open toe shoes are a tad too big but with ankle straps and mules it is not too much of a problem. You can check out pics of me wearing them at my website www.geocities.com/wayneheels

You can also order them through the link on my website.

As for quality they look fantastic but I have had a heel come detached. Fortunately it was easy to fix with a more robust screw.

Thanks for the info there Wheels, I liked the pictures on your website, in particular the 3 1/2 inch pink shoes, can I ask where you got those from?

Regarding sizes, is 43 your regular male size? I ask only, as I take a 43 myself in male (yuk) shoes, but seem to need larger in fem shoes, particluarily pointy ones, as I mentioned before the Barratts Vedranas in the UK10 (EU 44 1/2) fit perfectly, Im soo itching to order now, but Im sure that all of us are aware of the dissapointment of shoes that dont fit when recieved, Im just trying to pre-empt that with the help form all of you on hhplace.

Thanks

Heelium :P

I have just bought a pair of Italianheels 'Amanda' boots on eBay in a size 45 after reading that they recommend a size larger than normal in boots. I find them a good bit larger than my size 10 Barratt's Verdranas, so I would probably go with their recommendation of a 43.

Emma

To wheels: I really enjoyed visiting your webpage as you have a fine looking and extensive collection of shoes. More power to you! I'll certainly be a regular visitor! :P

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Hi Helium Yes I take a regular 43 in "men's" shoes. The shoes on my website vary from 41 to 43. The Italian Heels fit me the best. I bought the pink shoes in New Look. They are a size 8 and a bit tight for wearing for long. I love the look of them though. Hi Jeff Thanks for the comments.

Heel thyself

Over 50 pairs of heels now on my website at www.geocities.com/wayneheels/

I'm not exactly up on my metric measurements, but I'm a size 13 which, I believe comes out to 45. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me! :P

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Hi Heelium, I have no own experiences with this company but I'm a proud owner of several italian shoes (Biondini and FUSS - they have an italian supplier) . Usually italian shoes are not narrow sized, an EU 43 is an EU 43 rsp. a female US 12. With your extreme different feet sizes I would choose a compromise. Inlay soles for the smaller foot and risking a tight wearing for the other foot. My own feet are different too - the right foot seems to be a half size bigger than my left one. If I were you, I would order in EU 43. Concerning the quality - don't really know if Italy is still beating China. But italian shoes are more beautiful :P micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

I got a pair of Fabiana knee-high boots from ItalianHeels recently (inspired by heelsons post back in january http://hhplace.org/hhboard/viewtopic.php?t=4290). My normal mens size is 8.5 (uk) so i was going to order a size 43. However, Heelson advised me that the Fabianas fit large, so I ordered size 42 instead. Even that is quite a generous fit - I can comfortably wear socks with them. I dont know if the same goes for their shoes though. Its also worth knowing that the heel height may be quite a bit different from the nominal height on the website (given for a size 38 or something). My boots have a 13cm heel while the nominal height given on the site is 11cm (lucky me :P )

Thanks everyone for your help, I have tonight ordered a pair exactly the same as Luxxyheels above in the size 43's, dont think they will be here for a few months though (60 working days + shipping) I will let you know + post pics on their arrival please please please let them fit. Heelium :P

I have a pair of Estella boots in size 45, now that is my correct size in male footwear and I must admit that they are a little tight around the toes and could be painful over long periods of wearing. However, I would never send them back and remain extremely pleased with the short term comfort and quality that they provide Lucky