I think I've truely mastered my heels

luxxyheels

I was doing ok previously, but I still wasn't natural. I think the problem was that I was trying to walk like a man in them. This didn't work all that well. I studied women for a few days and have been practicing. Now I walk like them and I'm suprised how natural and easy it is to wear even my 5" ones. My feet don't hurt as bad with extended wear, and I feel even sexier while wearing them. I LOVE IT.

I understand perfectly what you guys are on about: I have got so used to my former "avatars" (Black PVC/Black Plastic unit Tony Shoes "101" style 6" "Stripper" platforms that I (hopefully) be updating to Tony Shoes' "701" style (7" heel, 3" plat) in either white or black patent (I can't have both) with my "Stripper" plats I find I can walk normally, but I can walk "femininely" in them, but it feels weird! :P later, TXT-1

Well, to throw in my two cents worth, I've found that the key to walking in high heels requires forgetting everything about walking like a man and to walk like a woman instead. That means walking slowly, taking small steps, toes pointed forward, one foot in front of the other and standing straight. At least that's the way I do it. It takes a wee bit of practice (doing so in front of a floor length mirror is a good way to see what you're doing), but it can be done. In time, you'll find your hips slightly swaying back and forth as you walk, most times subconsciously, giving you a feminine gait. I've had co-workers tell me that I walk just like a woman when I'm in heels, and that impresses them considerably. Most say I walk better in heels that they do! Like I said, it can be done! Just keep at it! :P

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Luxxyheels:-) Congrats! Sometimes we end up trying too hard to learn to do something. Relax and go with the flow...walk like JeffB says and swing and sway your postierior like a woman and be natural. Enjoy! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Like Dawn says, relax and go with the flow. Just put them on, stand up and walk in them. But then, I've been wearing heels so long that I can't remember what it was like walking when I began. I don't believe I consciously alter my walk to accommodate wearing heels from wearing flat shoes.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I'm not saying I couldn't walk in them before, but after an hour or so of wear, I could really feel them getting to me. Now with walking differently, it takes about 4-5 hours to get that same feeling. Amazing. Thanks guys for the wonderful responses. Well it looks like I won't be wearing heels for a while. I dislocated my leg from the knee down this morning while getting in the car. I'm still in a lot of pain.

We all know there's quite a difference between a guys walk and a womans walk...

Guys seem to just lean forward and their legs try to catch up but the gals move from the hips.The legs move first and the body follows...and no, I haven't been :drinking:

jim