Descrete Boots with Hidden Heels

sscotty727

Hey All,

Sorry for not posting for a while, my wife has been sick (flu combined with preg, but that is a different post;).

Anyway, I thought I would share this with you all. There are alot of "shy guys" or guys that wives won't let them wear heels or (like me) want to wear heels to work but can't wear anything obvious. Well, let me show you an idea of how you can do that in a more descrete way.

First of all, here is how my boots look when I wear them with pants:

As you can see, they look like normal "snow" boots

Posted Image

From the side, you can see a slight "heel" but nothing that would create a stir

Posted Image

Ok, here is the full side of the boot, you can see where it "looks" like my foot is

Posted Image

Here is a picture of the boot open and you can see with the hidden heels, how high my heel actually is (ok, not stilletos, but still better than the normal height)

Posted Image

Lastly, here is the side of the boot again and I am pointing to where my heel actually is as opposed to where it looks like it is. The normal heel height is around 3". With my hidden heel, my heel is actually a 5". The toe is about 1.5", so the net effect is 3.5" which isn't too bad;)

Posted Image

If anyone is interested in know more on how to make them, let me know and I can try to step you

Hi Scotty, your boots are very recommandable for "shy" guys. Not everyone has the cheek to wear stilettos on the street. But platform boots or boots with wedge heels - as yours - are a first step :) micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

micha: as far as wedges being a first step, I agree. They let you put some miles on heels before you add in the factor that people can see the heels you wear. once you are confident in yourself while wearing heels, then you can add in visibility wihout a problem. Good luck with your boots Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

Bert/Micha, While I agree with you that wedges can be a first step towards gaining confidence to wearing heels, you are both missing the main point of my post here. I am not mearly wearing wedges, nor are these a first step for me. I already wear heels out during non-work times, I can't wear heels to work. What I have created is a nice insert which give me more of a lift (3.5") versus the 1.5" the wedge has by default. Anyway, if anyone is interested in the inserts (you could use them on mens boots too if your REALLY shy, just won't have as much of a lift), let me know and I can step you through it. Scotty

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, after much experimentation, I will admit the hidden heel doesn't work too well. In the boots pictured above, two different sets of boots split at the sole just at the arch of the foot. I've used superglue and shoegoo to patch it, but it eventually splits again :P

Anyway, I found a descrete pair of high heeled wedge boots on ebay (View Topic, scroll down to the bottom) and they will do the trick without the need for hidden heels:)

Now if the guy would hurry up and send them! :P

Scotty